Page 5 of 13

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:22 pm
by The Annoyed Man
Daisy Cutter wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:50 pm
"Man1festo" can be found on 4chan and 8chan. One version here, as a jpg. For those interested.

http://i.4pcdn.org/pol/1564859054539.jpg
I tried to tweet a copy of this image about an hour ago, and I was instantly blocked from Twitter for 12 hours, for allegedly violating a rule.
891D9B5D-2757-4968-913F-EC5A7B76C843.png

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:26 pm
by Oldgringo
carlson1 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:48 pm
imkopaka wrote: I have the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the objective truth of the Gospel to tell me when my actions or thoughts are wrong (which they all too frequently are).
This is the difference.
That, and responsible adult parenting is the difference.

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:41 pm
by 03Lightningrocks
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:22 pm
Daisy Cutter wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:50 pm
"Man1festo" can be found on 4chan and 8chan. One version here, as a jpg. For those interested.

http://i.4pcdn.org/pol/1564859054539.jpg
I tried to tweet a copy of this image about an hour ago, and I was instantly blocked from Twitter for 12 hours, for allegedly violating a rule.
891D9B5D-2757-4968-913F-EC5A7B76C843.png
That is odd. Twitter is crazy.

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:48 pm
by Oldgringo
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:08 pm
Daisy Cutter wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:50 pm
"Man1festo" can be found on 4chan and 8chan. One version here, as a jpg. For those interested.

http://i.4pcdn.org/pol/1564859054539.jpg
Holy Cow! I just read it. That is just unreal! I wonder if he posted it before he did the shootings? Maybe someone reading it could have done something to stop him?
Other than shooting up the place and needlessly killing a bunch of innocent people; in his manifesto, he has pretty much called a spade a spade and called it as it is. Unfortunately, he forsook martyrdom and surrendered.

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:50 pm
by Oldgringo
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:41 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:22 pm
Daisy Cutter wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:50 pm
"Man1festo" can be found on 4chan and 8chan. One version here, as a jpg. For those interested.

http://i.4pcdn.org/pol/1564859054539.jpg
I tried to tweet a copy of this image about an hour ago, and I was instantly blocked from Twitter for 12 hours, for allegedly violating a rule.
891D9B5D-2757-4968-913F-EC5A7B76C843.png
That is odd. Twitter is crazy.
...and left-wing?

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:51 pm
by 03Lightningrocks
Oldgringo wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:50 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:41 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:22 pm
Daisy Cutter wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:50 pm
"Man1festo" can be found on 4chan and 8chan. One version here, as a jpg. For those interested.

http://i.4pcdn.org/pol/1564859054539.jpg
I tried to tweet a copy of this image about an hour ago, and I was instantly blocked from Twitter for 12 hours, for allegedly violating a rule.
891D9B5D-2757-4968-913F-EC5A7B76C843.png
That is odd. Twitter is crazy.
...and left-wing?
Yep... as far as you can get left wing.

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:53 pm
by 03Lightningrocks
Oldgringo wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:48 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:08 pm
Daisy Cutter wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:50 pm
"Man1festo" can be found on 4chan and 8chan. One version here, as a jpg. For those interested.

http://i.4pcdn.org/pol/1564859054539.jpg
Holy Cow! I just read it. That is just unreal! I wonder if he posted it before he did the shootings? Maybe someone reading it could have done something to stop him?
Other than shooting up the place and needlessly killing a bunch of innocent people; in his manifesto, he has pretty much called a spade a spade and called it as it is. Unfortunately, he forsook martyrdom and surrendered.
He decided not to go out with a bang. :fire

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:00 pm
by Grayling813
Lynyrd wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:14 pm
Came in from work, turned on the news, and saw Robert O'Rourke finding every camera he could. My heartfelt prayers go out to the victims. I wish one of them had been armed and could have killed the punk who perpetrated this travesty. But the political posturing that went on afterwards is also sickening.
Politicians dance in the blood of innocents in order to quench their thirst for absolute power over others. Whether the innocent is a child ripped from his/her mother’s womb or an 80 year old gunned down by an evil person the left only knows one thing....advance their agenda.

One armed WalMart shopper could have ended the carnage.

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:02 pm
by Killadocg23
patterson wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:08 pm
[quote=imkopaka post_id=<a href="tel:1258732">1258732</a> time=<a href="tel:1564878585">1564878585</a> user_id=20015]
[quote=SewTexas post_id=<a href="tel:1258719">1258719</a> time=<a href="tel:1564875095">1564875095</a> user_id=8949]
[quote=03Lightningrocks post_id=<a href="tel:1258717">1258717</a> time=<a href="tel:1564874787">1564874787</a> user_id=3350]
[quote=SewTexas post_id=<a href="tel:1258712">1258712</a> time=<a href="tel:1564872604">1564872604</a> user_id=8949]
this is truly horrifying....how are kids so evil these days?
In my opinion it is a combination of factors. Raised by violent video games and day care. Social media creating a lack of empathy. These kids refer to texting as talking! They all live on social media and begin to see it as real life. Violent TV and Movies. The level of graphic violence this group was raised on is unfathomable.
[/quote]
.
honestly, I think the biggest thing is that kids haven't been raised to value life.
[/quote]

03Lightningrocks, I disagree wholeheartedly. I am part of the same generation, raised playing every type of violent video game from Duke Nukem and Wolfenstein 3d to Call of Duty, Halo, and Doom. I grew up watching violent movies like the Terminator franchise and war movies like Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan, and the Patriot. I also saw disturbing levels of violence during my time in the Marines and as a correctional officer. These things did not turn me into a killer, a monster, or a predator. They did not desensitize me to the suffering of others, even if they desensitized me to the sight of blood. Assuming that these things can turn someone into a psychotic murderer is a harmful stereotype.

The problem as I see it is twofold: as SewTexas states, the first problem is that they do not value life. For one reason or another, they treat other people (or animals) as a possession or an object. They are unwilling or unable to empathize, to feel the pain and experience the fear of others in a way that affects their behavior. The second is that they have no external moral compass. They are accountable to themselves and no one else - there is no one whose opinion they value more than their own, so as their thinking becomes less rational, there is no one capable of convincing them they are wrong. This is one of the greatest gifts of the Bible - it offers the moral compass of an absolute God. No one measures up, and many mistakes and failings occur, but the standard still exists, is always present and never-changing.

Despite growing up in the same generation as this mongrel and being exposed to the same general experiences at roughly the same developmental points, I am not like him. I have experienced enough pain that I actively seek to reduce pain in others so they don't have to feel what I've felt. I have the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the objective truth of the Gospel to tell me when my actions or thoughts are wrong (which they all too frequently are).

Blaming video games for the violent acts of a fully functioning adult who is able to tell fantasy from reality is no different from blaming private gun ownership. Please be careful where you ascribe blame.
[/quote]
Im with you on that Ive played video games all my life and now in my 50s I enjoy playing Call of Duty WW2
[/quote]
patterson wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:08 pm
imkopaka wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:29 pm
SewTexas wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:31 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:26 pm
SewTexas wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:50 pm
this is truly horrifying....how are kids so evil these days?
In my opinion it is a combination of factors. Raised by violent video games and day care. Social media creating a lack of empathy. These kids refer to texting as talking! They all live on social media and begin to see it as real life. Violent TV and Movies. The level of graphic violence this group was raised on is unfathomable.
.
honestly, I think the biggest thing is that kids haven't been raised to value life.
03Lightningrocks, I disagree wholeheartedly. I am part of the same generation, raised playing every type of violent video game from Duke Nukem and Wolfenstein 3d to Call of Duty, Halo, and Doom. I grew up watching violent movies like the Terminator franchise and war movies like Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan, and the Patriot. I also saw disturbing levels of violence during my time in the Marines and as a correctional officer. These things did not turn me into a killer, a monster, or a predator. They did not desensitize me to the suffering of others, even if they desensitized me to the sight of blood. Assuming that these things can turn someone into a psychotic murderer is a harmful stereotype.

The problem as I see it is twofold: as SewTexas states, the first problem is that they do not value life. For one reason or another, they treat other people (or animals) as a possession or an object. They are unwilling or unable to empathize, to feel the pain and experience the fear of others in a way that affects their behavior. The second is that they have no external moral compass. They are accountable to themselves and no one else - there is no one whose opinion they value more than their own, so as their thinking becomes less rational, there is no one capable of convincing them they are wrong. This is one of the greatest gifts of the Bible - it offers the moral compass of an absolute God. No one measures up, and many mistakes and failings occur, but the standard still exists, is always present and never-changing.

Despite growing up in the same generation as this mongrel and being exposed to the same general experiences at roughly the same developmental points, I am not like him. I have experienced enough pain that I actively seek to reduce pain in others so they don't have to feel what I've felt. I have the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the objective truth of the Gospel to tell me when my actions or thoughts are wrong (which they all too frequently are).

Blaming video games for the violent acts of a fully functioning adult who is able to tell fantasy from reality is no different from blaming private gun ownership. Please be careful where you ascribe blame.
Im with you on that Ive played video games all my life and now in my 50s I enjoy playing Call of Duty WW2
Add me to the list of those that play violent video games and wouldn’t fathom of doing this. It’s definitely not the video games . Obviously this guy agenda was racist based against Hispanics. Idk why even take him into custody just “out” him right there.

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:12 pm
by Grayling813
Folks, let’s not attack each other while trying to make sense of the senseless. If you want to cast blame somewhere, the evil manifest by this person comes from the prince of this world.

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:25 pm
by Oldgringo
Grayling813 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:12 pm
Folks, let’s not attack each other while trying to make sense of the senseless. If you want to cast blame somewhere, the evil manifest by this person comes from the prince of this world.
nonsense! It was the way you were reared; nothing, more nor less!

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:32 pm
by dlh
I am 66 years old--a child of the fifties and sixties. As children we loved to play war games with other neighborhood kids including toy guns of all varieties. We enjoyed our glorious fake deaths just like we saw in the movies. Our parents did not stop us and thought it was entirely normal. To my knowledge none of my childhood friends became mass murderers because of the violent role playing games we engaged in.
I read the manifesto and it is the ramblings of a sick,twisted individual. The blame lies entirely with him and not with any political party--conservative or liberal.
Just my two cents.

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:44 pm
by 03Lightningrocks
Killadocg23 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:02 pm
patterson wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:08 pm
[quote=imkopaka post_id=<a href="tel:1258732">1258732</a> time=<a href="tel:1564878585">1564878585</a> user_id=20015]
[quote=SewTexas post_id=<a href="tel:1258719">1258719</a> time=<a href="tel:1564875095">1564875095</a> user_id=8949]
[quote=03Lightningrocks post_id=<a href="tel:1258717">1258717</a> time=<a href="tel:1564874787">1564874787</a> user_id=3350]
[quote=SewTexas post_id=<a href="tel:1258712">1258712</a> time=<a href="tel:1564872604">1564872604</a> user_id=8949]
this is truly horrifying....how are kids so evil these days?
In my opinion it is a combination of factors. Raised by violent video games and day care. Social media creating a lack of empathy. These kids refer to texting as talking! They all live on social media and begin to see it as real life. Violent TV and Movies. The level of graphic violence this group was raised on is unfathomable.
.
honestly, I think the biggest thing is that kids haven't been raised to value life.
[/quote]

03Lightningrocks, I disagree wholeheartedly. I am part of the same generation, raised playing every type of violent video game from Duke Nukem and Wolfenstein 3d to Call of Duty, Halo, and Doom. I grew up watching violent movies like the Terminator franchise and war movies like Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan, and the Patriot. I also saw disturbing levels of violence during my time in the Marines and as a correctional officer. These things did not turn me into a killer, a monster, or a predator. They did not desensitize me to the suffering of others, even if they desensitized me to the sight of blood. Assuming that these things can turn someone into a psychotic murderer is a harmful stereotype.

The problem as I see it is twofold: as SewTexas states, the first problem is that they do not value life. For one reason or another, they treat other people (or animals) as a possession or an object. They are unwilling or unable to empathize, to feel the pain and experience the fear of others in a way that affects their behavior. The second is that they have no external moral compass. They are accountable to themselves and no one else - there is no one whose opinion they value more than their own, so as their thinking becomes less rational, there is no one capable of convincing them they are wrong. This is one of the greatest gifts of the Bible - it offers the moral compass of an absolute God. No one measures up, and many mistakes and failings occur, but the standard still exists, is always present and never-changing.

Despite growing up in the same generation as this mongrel and being exposed to the same general experiences at roughly the same developmental points, I am not like him. I have experienced enough pain that I actively seek to reduce pain in others so they don't have to feel what I've felt. I have the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the objective truth of the Gospel to tell me when my actions or thoughts are wrong (which they all too frequently are).

Blaming video games for the violent acts of a fully functioning adult who is able to tell fantasy from reality is no different from blaming private gun ownership. Please be careful where you ascribe blame.
[/quote]
Im with you on that Ive played video games all my life and now in my 50s I enjoy playing Call of Duty WW2
[/quote]
patterson wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:08 pm
imkopaka wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:29 pm
SewTexas wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:31 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:26 pm
SewTexas wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:50 pm
this is truly horrifying....how are kids so evil these days?
In my opinion it is a combination of factors. Raised by violent video games and day care. Social media creating a lack of empathy. These kids refer to texting as talking! They all live on social media and begin to see it as real life. Violent TV and Movies. The level of graphic violence this group was raised on is unfathomable.
.
honestly, I think the biggest thing is that kids haven't been raised to value life.
03Lightningrocks, I disagree wholeheartedly. I am part of the same generation, raised playing every type of violent video game from Duke Nukem and Wolfenstein 3d to Call of Duty, Halo, and Doom. I grew up watching violent movies like the Terminator franchise and war movies like Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan, and the Patriot. I also saw disturbing levels of violence during my time in the Marines and as a correctional officer. These things did not turn me into a killer, a monster, or a predator. They did not desensitize me to the suffering of others, even if they desensitized me to the sight of blood. Assuming that these things can turn someone into a psychotic murderer is a harmful stereotype.

The problem as I see it is twofold: as SewTexas states, the first problem is that they do not value life. For one reason or another, they treat other people (or animals) as a possession or an object. They are unwilling or unable to empathize, to feel the pain and experience the fear of others in a way that affects their behavior. The second is that they have no external moral compass. They are accountable to themselves and no one else - there is no one whose opinion they value more than their own, so as their thinking becomes less rational, there is no one capable of convincing them they are wrong. This is one of the greatest gifts of the Bible - it offers the moral compass of an absolute God. No one measures up, and many mistakes and failings occur, but the standard still exists, is always present and never-changing.

Despite growing up in the same generation as this mongrel and being exposed to the same general experiences at roughly the same developmental points, I am not like him. I have experienced enough pain that I actively seek to reduce pain in others so they don't have to feel what I've felt. I have the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the objective truth of the Gospel to tell me when my actions or thoughts are wrong (which they all too frequently are).

Blaming video games for the violent acts of a fully functioning adult who is able to tell fantasy from reality is no different from blaming private gun ownership. Please be careful where you ascribe blame.
Im with you on that Ive played video games all my life and now in my 50s I enjoy playing Call of Duty WW2
Add me to the list of those that play violent video games and wouldn’t fathom of doing this. It’s definitely not the video games . Obviously this guy agenda was racist based against Hispanics. Idk why even take him into custody just “out” him right there.
[/quote]

The violent video games was listed as part of the problem. Not the only problem. Violence in media as well as living a life on the net is also part of it all. Most of these guys are also anti social and have problems fitting in.

To proclaim one plays video games and doesn't kill anyone is like a person who watches porn non-stop but never rapes anyone. But, most rapist have been known to watch porn. That makes porn part of what makes a rapist cake. Just like violent video games are part of the recipe for a mass shooter nut cake.

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:47 pm
by 03Lightningrocks
Oldgringo wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:25 pm
Grayling813 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:12 pm
Folks, let’s not attack each other while trying to make sense of the senseless. If you want to cast blame somewhere, the evil manifest by this person comes from the prince of this world.
nonsense! It was the way you were reared; nothing, more nor less!
I am 100% in agreement with Oldgringo.

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:55 pm
by SewTexas
When your "friends" are all digital images and your main human contact is through texting, it is no surprise that one would lose touch with their ability to feel compassion.
actually, when you're life is all about caregiving, about 99% of your social interaction is online. And yes, they are real friends, I have compassion for them, many I've met at least once, some I've never met....but that doesn't mean I don't weep when one of my friends is diagnosed with cancer or loses a spouse.
And I thank God everyday for you guys and my friends on Facebook who helped keep me sane for over 3 years....and who still do, because I haven't made new friends yet. There are many other reasons people have more on-line real connections than in-person connections.