TX: I remember when a Mom would just come out and yell at us.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

Post Reply

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 9438
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

TX: I remember when a Mom would just come out and yell at us.

#1

Post by philip964 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:17 am

https://abc13.com/mom-allegedly-shot-te ... 21a0ddbe0d

Group of juveniles in front of her house brawling. Mom comes out with a gun and shoots one of the teens. Arrested for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Didn't say, but may have been protecting her child. Not sure how that would change things.

However, mom apparently is not as sweet as her name might imply.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 8226
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: TX: I remember when a Mom would just come out and yell at us.

#2

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:22 am

The article mentions she has a history of violent behavior. It sure looks like she just lost her mind and fired off a round. Thank goodness the teen was not killed.

User avatar

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 17482
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: TX: I remember when a Mom would just come out and yell at us.

#3

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:33 am

Multiple cars brought multiple attackers, including males, to assault a single girl. A neighbor called the Constable's office, told the mob the "police" were coming and the mob left, only to return. At first blush it appears Mom overreacted, but once all the facts are in, it may be otherwise. I'm not sure a grand jury would indict and I'm certainly not sure a jury would convict, based upon what little is known now. If mom shot a person who was assaulting her daughter, then she was assaulted by a male.

Chas.
Image

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 8226
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: TX: I remember when a Mom would just come out and yell at us.

#4

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:37 am

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:33 am
Multiple cars brought multiple attackers, including males, to assault a single girl. A neighbor called the Constable's office, told the mob the "police" were coming and the mob left, only to return. At first blush it appears Mom overreacted, but once all the facts are in, it may be otherwise. I'm not sure a grand jury would indict and I'm certainly not sure a jury would convict, based upon what little is known now. If mom shot a person who was assaulting her daughter, then she was assaulted by a male.

Chas.
Amazing how a few facts and details will change the whole picture. After reading this I find myself thinking she may have been simply protecting her daughter.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 9438
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX: I remember when a Mom would just come out and yell at us.

#5

Post by philip964 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:48 am

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... puties-say

This has more and different information. Mom drove up. Sounded like the daughter would not date a boy. The older sister of the boy got involved.


OneGun
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 804
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 am
Location: Houston

Re: TX: I remember when a Mom would just come out and yell at us.

#6

Post by OneGun » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:16 am

philip964 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:48 am
https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... puties-say

This has more and different information. Mom drove up. Sounded like the daughter would not date a boy. The older sister of the boy got involved.
Still missing a lot of key information. An "altercation" and "confrontation" do not indicate if there was a threat of bodily harm or if there was a physical assault going on. Obviously, DA Kim Ogg, thinks she has enough to charge her with a crime. Then again, DA Ogg filed charges against ExxonMobil while the fire was still burning at their plant. She does not need an investigation to file charges.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

User avatar

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 17482
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: TX: I remember when a Mom would just come out and yell at us.

#7

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:32 pm

OneGun wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:16 am
philip964 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:48 am
https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... puties-say

This has more and different information. Mom drove up. Sounded like the daughter would not date a boy. The older sister of the boy got involved.
Still missing a lot of key information. An "altercation" and "confrontation" do not indicate if there was a threat of bodily harm or if there was a physical assault going on. Obviously, DA Kim Ogg, thinks she has enough to charge her with a crime. Then again, DA Ogg filed charges against ExxonMobil while the fire was still burning at their plant. She does not need an investigation to file charges.
The neighbor who called the "police" was interviewed in the video. She said they were "fighting, it was a brawl." You're right about Ogg. Someone used a gun, so charges are filed.

Chas.
Image

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”