Reported: Active shooter in Odessa, TX

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1


Killadocg23
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:38 pm
Location: Corpus Christi/ Houston

Re: Reported: Active shooter in Odessa, TX

#16

Post by Killadocg23 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:09 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:41 pm
You know what just makes me livid? For kicks I like to check out the coverage on MSNBC. It is a know your enemy kind of thing for me. They are already pumping the gun control narrative over this shooting. They use phrases like "here we go again". But what they won't do is say one word about the 50 people who will be killed on the streets of Chicago during the labor day weekend. :mad5 :mad5 :mad5
Just curious and a serious question. Why do people compare the two? Chicago's killing are because of gangs,drugs etc and we KNOW why people get shot there all the time because of stuff like that. Thats a KNOWN fact. Why are you comparing random mass shootings to that scenrio. Neither one is ok in my book but I see no correlation on being killed over gangs ,drugs etc and being killed just because you were riding on the freeway and some "lunatic decides to shoot you, or shopping in walmart and some random guy who you never met decides to take your life will picking up fruit. Not defending chicago as it is all crap but just trying to see your point on how it is relevant? Because in MY opinion "and we all have our own" they are two totally different circumstances. We all know that if we go on the south side of chicago there a probability of something happening. None of us expect to be killed while shopping at walmart or minding our business on the freeway.


K.Mooneyham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 2028
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:27 pm
Location: Vernon, Texas

Re: Reported: Active shooter in Odessa, TX

#17

Post by K.Mooneyham » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:12 pm

So, a murderer perpetrating the crime is down. However, was there actually one murderer or two? If so, which one did they get, the USPS truck or the Toyota? Garbage reporting.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 21
Posts: 8704
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Reported: Active shooter in Odessa, TX

#18

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:13 pm

Killadocg23 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:09 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:41 pm
You know what just makes me livid? For kicks I like to check out the coverage on MSNBC. It is a know your enemy kind of thing for me. They are already pumping the gun control narrative over this shooting. They use phrases like "here we go again". But what they won't do is say one word about the 50 people who will be killed on the streets of Chicago during the labor day weekend. :mad5 :mad5 :mad5
Just curious and a serious question. Why do people compare the two? Chicago's killing are because of gangs,drugs etc and we KNOW why people get shot there all the time because of stuff like that. Thats a KNOWN fact. Why are you comparing random mass shootings to that scenrio. Neither one is ok in my book but I see no correlation on being killed over gangs ,drugs etc and being killed just because you were riding on the freeway and some "lunatic decides to shoot you, or shopping in walmart and some random guy who you never met decides to take your life will picking up fruit. Not defending chicago as it is all crap but just trying to see your point on how it is relevant? Because in MY opinion "and we all have our own" they are two totally different circumstances. We all know that if we go on the south side of chicago there a probability of something happening. None of us expect to be killed while shopping at walmart or minding our business on the freeway.
My point was obvious to most. The point is that the media says nothing about mass killings all over inner cities because they can't use it to pump an agenda. Most people really don't care about inner city shootings because they think it won't affect them. But random shootings are easy to utilize for fear purposes. Hope that helps you to better understand.


K.Mooneyham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 2028
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:27 pm
Location: Vernon, Texas

Re: Reported: Active shooter in Odessa, TX

#19

Post by K.Mooneyham » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:16 pm

Killadocg23 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:09 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:41 pm
You know what just makes me livid? For kicks I like to check out the coverage on MSNBC. It is a know your enemy kind of thing for me. They are already pumping the gun control narrative over this shooting. They use phrases like "here we go again". But what they won't do is say one word about the 50 people who will be killed on the streets of Chicago during the labor day weekend. :mad5 :mad5 :mad5
Just curious and a serious question. Why do people compare the two? Chicago's killing are because of gangs,drugs etc and we KNOW why people get shot there all the time because of stuff like that. Thats a KNOWN fact. Why are you comparing random mass shootings to that scenrio. Neither one is ok in my book but I see no correlation on being killed over gangs ,drugs etc and being killed just because you were riding on the freeway and some "lunatic decides to shoot you, or shopping in walmart and some random guy who you never met decides to take your life will picking up fruit. Not defending chicago as it is all crap but just trying to see your point on how it is relevant? Because in MY opinion "and we all have our own" they are two totally different circumstances. We all know that if we go on the south side of chicago there a probability of something happening. None of us expect to be killed while shopping at walmart or minding our business on the freeway.
Why? Because the grabbers want to cause problems for and to disarm folks that AREN'T causing any problems, that's why...but they NEVER say what they are going to do to stop violent criminals in Chicago and other big cities, who they KNOW are killing people. Their little schemes are only against us "flyover country deplorables" and NEVER about the violent gangs who continuously shoot and kill. They don't care about people being killed, they only care about disarming us. THAT'S why!

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 21
Posts: 8704
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Reported: Active shooter in Odessa, TX

#20

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:17 pm

K.Mooneyham wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:12 pm
So, a murderer perpetrating the crime is down. However, was there actually one murderer or two? If so, which one did they get, the USPS truck or the Toyota? Garbage reporting.
At one point they did report two shooters. Now they are saying one. I also just got a text saying one shot and one arrested. Maybe the reporting is just too early for accuracy.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 21
Posts: 8704
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Reported: Active shooter in Odessa, TX

#21

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:18 pm

K.Mooneyham wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:16 pm
Killadocg23 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:09 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:41 pm
You know what just makes me livid? For kicks I like to check out the coverage on MSNBC. It is a know your enemy kind of thing for me. They are already pumping the gun control narrative over this shooting. They use phrases like "here we go again". But what they won't do is say one word about the 50 people who will be killed on the streets of Chicago during the labor day weekend. :mad5 :mad5 :mad5
Just curious and a serious question. Why do people compare the two? Chicago's killing are because of gangs,drugs etc and we KNOW why people get shot there all the time because of stuff like that. Thats a KNOWN fact. Why are you comparing random mass shootings to that scenrio. Neither one is ok in my book but I see no correlation on being killed over gangs ,drugs etc and being killed just because you were riding on the freeway and some "lunatic decides to shoot you, or shopping in walmart and some random guy who you never met decides to take your life will picking up fruit. Not defending chicago as it is all crap but just trying to see your point on how it is relevant? Because in MY opinion "and we all have our own" they are two totally different circumstances. We all know that if we go on the south side of chicago there a probability of something happening. None of us expect to be killed while shopping at walmart or minding our business on the freeway.
Why? Because the grabbers want to cause problems for and to disarm folks that AREN'T causing any problems, that's why...but they NEVER say what they are going to do to stop violent criminals in Chicago and other big cities, who they KNOW are killing people. Their little schemes are only against us "flyover country deplorables" and NEVER about the violent gangs who continuously shoot and kill. They don't care about people being killed, they only care about disarming us. THAT'S why!
This


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 17
Posts: 10508
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Reported: Active shooter in Odessa, TX

#22

Post by philip964 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:01 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/gunman-large- ... ories.html

Started as a traffic stop, started shooting.

Most likely the Toyota truck.

Grabbed a postal truck.

These people are going to cause us to loose our 2nd Amendment rights and we will live in a socialist nightmare.


Chemist45
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: Kingsland, TX

Re: Reported: Active shooter in Odessa, TX

#23

Post by Chemist45 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:15 pm

philip964 wrote
These people are going to cause us to loose our 2nd Amendment rights and we will live in a socialist nightmare.
So the cops stop a criminal and he carjacks another vehicle (a crime) and starts randomly shooting over 20 people (20 more crimes) and the pols are going to use this to try and pass more gun control?
I think that's a bridge too far even for CNN and the democrat party (BIRM).

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 25459
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Reported: Active shooter in Odessa, TX

#24

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:46 pm

Just curious....is there any mention of what kind of firearms the shooter used? I haven’t seen anything in any of the articles I’ve seen so far.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 10350
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Reported: Active shooter in Odessa, TX

#25

Post by carlson1 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:55 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:46 pm
Just curious....is there any mention of what kind of firearms the shooter used? I haven’t seen anything in any of the articles I’ve seen so far.
I heard Julian Castro on CNN saying that we should ban all “weapons of war.” Not a surprise.
Image

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 11092
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: Reported: Active shooter in Odessa, TX

#26

Post by Oldgringo » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:52 pm

We never had these sort of tragedies before the advent of so called Social Media!


EastTexasRancher
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:44 pm

Re: Reported: Active shooter in Odessa, TX

#27

Post by EastTexasRancher » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:14 pm

3,000 babies MURDERED every day in our country....and people fight for the right to do it. That’s legal, and THIS is the lead story.

We live in a messed up world.


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 17
Posts: 10508
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Reported: Active shooter in Odessa, TX

#28

Post by philip964 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:16 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/gunman-large- ... ories.html

4 dead, 5 including shooter.

This says Honda.

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 11092
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: Reported: Active shooter in Odessa, TX

#29

Post by Oldgringo » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:17 pm

EastTexasRancher wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:14 pm
3,000 babies MURDERED every day in our country....and people fight for the right to do it. That’s legal, and THIS is the lead story.

We live in a messed up world.
Indeed, we do!

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 11092
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: Reported: Active shooter in Odessa, TX

#30

Post by Oldgringo » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:27 pm

FOX News reported 5 dead, 20 wounded. I won't turn on CNN!

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”