TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 25283
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

#31

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:42 pm

flintknapper wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:26 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:44 pm
jb2012 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:06 am
Texas_Blaze wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:42 am
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:24 am
Good Night Nurse! I am beginning to think millennials are all severely brain damaged. This was just nothing short of a stupid move.
I to like blamin’ millennials for most anything also but only when the age fits. I don’t think 18yo is a millennial.
I like to blame baby boomers and generation y for most anything, but only when the age fits.
I’m a boomer—1952. Take your best shot. :mrgreen:
Right there with ya. December of 1954. Ready for the incoming.
FLINT!!!! Long time no see, buddy! How have you been......other than getting older? :lol:
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.


strogg
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 633
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
Location: DFW (Denton County)

Re: TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

#32

Post by strogg » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:42 pm

flintknapper wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:26 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:44 pm
jb2012 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:06 am
Texas_Blaze wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:42 am
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:24 am
Good Night Nurse! I am beginning to think millennials are all severely brain damaged. This was just nothing short of a stupid move.
I to like blamin’ millennials for most anything also but only when the age fits. I don’t think 18yo is a millennial.
I like to blame baby boomers and generation y for most anything, but only when the age fits.
I’m a boomer—1952. Take your best shot. :mrgreen:
Right there with ya. December of 1954. Ready for the incoming.
C'mon folks. There are upsides to millennials too. Without them, there'd be far fewer people to make fun of :biggrinjester:

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 14
Posts: 8469
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

#33

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:45 pm

strogg wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:42 pm
flintknapper wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:26 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:44 pm
jb2012 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:06 am
Texas_Blaze wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:42 am
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:24 am
Good Night Nurse! I am beginning to think millennials are all severely brain damaged. This was just nothing short of a stupid move.
I to like blamin’ millennials for most anything also but only when the age fits. I don’t think 18yo is a millennial.
I like to blame baby boomers and generation y for most anything, but only when the age fits.
I’m a boomer—1952. Take your best shot. :mrgreen:
Right there with ya. December of 1954. Ready for the incoming.
C'mon folks. There are upsides to millennials too. Without them, there'd be far fewer people to make fun of :biggrinjester:
True. In addition, they sure make us boomers look good. :mrgreen:


OneGun
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 837
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 am
Location: Houston

Re: TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

#34

Post by OneGun » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:01 pm

This takes stupidity to an all-time low.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 8998
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

#35

Post by mojo84 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:04 pm

OneGun wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:01 pm
This takes stupidity to an all-time low.
I think full grown adults doing it with real guns trumps this kid.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 14
Posts: 8469
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

#36

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:20 pm

mojo84 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:04 pm
OneGun wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:01 pm
This takes stupidity to an all-time low.
I think full grown adults doing it with real guns trumps this kid.
That is the second time you mentioned this. I am wondering if you think someone else doing something stupid it makes it OK for this grown man to do something stupid? 18 is considered an adult. By the way.

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 8998
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

#37

Post by mojo84 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:40 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:20 pm
mojo84 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:04 pm
OneGun wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:01 pm
This takes stupidity to an all-time low.
I think full grown adults doing it with real guns trumps this kid.
That is the second time you mentioned this. I am wondering if you think someone else doing something stupid it makes it OK for this grown man to do something stupid? 18 is considered an adult. By the way.
Can't imagine why you would think or wonder that. It's quite an erroneous stretch. However, you would not be the first one on here to make such an error .

I think it is absolutely terrible and idiotic for someone to do this. I think it's even worse for a mature adult to do it with real guns. Look at where we are because of stupid stunts such as this. The point in an making is obvious. There are still those that are pushing the retailers even though the negative pressure against the RKBA is greater than any time I remember.

We would all be better off by not making such erroneous assumptions about what people think or intend. If you have a question or don't understand, just ask without making negative attributions. .

By the way, it is proven scientific fact male brains aren't fully developed until some time in the early to mid 20's. There a reason people aren't allowed to vote, by alcohol and tobacco until a certain age. Why do you think insurance companies charge more for makes until the r reach 25?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 14
Posts: 8469
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

#38

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:52 pm

mojo84 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:40 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:20 pm
mojo84 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:04 pm
OneGun wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:01 pm
This takes stupidity to an all-time low.
I think full grown adults doing it with real guns trumps this kid.
That is the second time you mentioned this. I am wondering if you think someone else doing something stupid it makes it OK for this grown man to do something stupid? 18 is considered an adult. By the way.
Can't imagine why you would think or wonder that. It's quite an erroneous stretch. However, you would not be the first one on here to make such an error .

I think it is absolutely terrible and idiotic for someone to do this. I think it's even worse for a mature adult to do it with real guns. Look at where we are because of stupid stunts such as this. The point in an making is obvious. There are still those that are pushing the retailers even though the negative pressure against the RKBA is greater than any time I remember.

We would all be better off by not making such erroneous assumptions about what people think or intend. If you have a question or don't understand, just ask without making negative attributions. .

By the way, it is proven scientific fact male brains aren't fully developed until some time in the early to mid 20's. There a reason people aren't allowed to vote, by alcohol and tobacco until a certain age. Why do you think insurance companies charge more for makes until the r reach 25?
Your comments actually gave every impression you were excusing his stupidity based on someone others stupidity. Don't get upset with me when you made the posts. The reality is that this young man did something extra ignorant when one considers the climate of Americans all being scared to death of a new nut job shooting up the next location. We don't live in a vacuum. We are on the heels of three mass shootings.

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 8998
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

#39

Post by mojo84 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:03 am

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:52 pm
mojo84 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:40 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:20 pm
mojo84 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:04 pm
OneGun wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:01 pm
This takes stupidity to an all-time low.
I think full grown adults doing it with real guns trumps this kid.
That is the second time you mentioned this. I am wondering if you think someone else doing something stupid it makes it OK for this grown man to do something stupid? 18 is considered an adult. By the way.
Can't imagine why you would think or wonder that. It's quite an erroneous stretch. However, you would not be the first one on here to make such an error .

I think it is absolutely terrible and idiotic for someone to do this. I think it's even worse for a mature adult to do it with real guns. Look at where we are because of stupid stunts such as this. The point in an making is obvious. There are still those that are pushing the retailers even though the negative pressure against the RKBA is greater than any time I remember.

We would all be better off by not making such erroneous assumptions about what people think or intend. If you have a question or don't understand, just ask without making negative attributions. .

By the way, it is proven scientific fact male brains aren't fully developed until some time in the early to mid 20's. There a reason people aren't allowed to vote, by alcohol and tobacco until a certain age. Why do you think insurance companies charge more for makes until the r reach 25?
Your comments actually gave every impression you were excusing his stupidity based on someone others stupidity. Don't get upset with me when you made the posts. The reality is that this young man did something extra ignorant when one considers the climate of Americans all being scared to death of a new nut job shooting up the next location. We don't live in a vacuum. We are on the heels of three mass shootings.
Again, you made false assumptions or didn't understand my point. A simple question without false attribution or negative assumptions would have been much more appropriate. To be very clear, as bad as I think it is for this young man to do this with fake guns, I think it's even worse for mature adults to do it with real guns.

There are posts on this forum of forum members saying they are going to our have been open carrying in Walmart to test Walmart response after seeing that they have indicated they do not want people open carrying. Your last couple of sentences are exactly why I'm stressing how stupid it is to do so.

You and I have both been on this forum a long time and have many posts, you may want to consider giving the benefit of the doubt instead of making false assumptions.

It's a shame you can't see we agree with each other.
Last edited by mojo84 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 14
Posts: 8469
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

#40

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:04 am

mojo84 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:03 am
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:52 pm
mojo84 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:40 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:20 pm
mojo84 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:04 pm
OneGun wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:01 pm
This takes stupidity to an all-time low.
I think full grown adults doing it with real guns trumps this kid.
That is the second time you mentioned this. I am wondering if you think someone else doing something stupid it makes it OK for this grown man to do something stupid? 18 is considered an adult. By the way.
Can't imagine why you would think or wonder that. It's quite an erroneous stretch. However, you would not be the first one on here to make such an error .

I think it is absolutely terrible and idiotic for someone to do this. I think it's even worse for a mature adult to do it with real guns. Look at where we are because of stupid stunts such as this. The point in an making is obvious. There are still those that are pushing the retailers even though the negative pressure against the RKBA is greater than any time I remember.

We would all be better off by not making such erroneous assumptions about what people think or intend. If you have a question or don't understand, just ask without making negative attributions. .

By the way, it is proven scientific fact male brains aren't fully developed until some time in the early to mid 20's. There a reason people aren't allowed to vote, by alcohol and tobacco until a certain age. Why do you think insurance companies charge more for makes until the r reach 25?
Your comments actually gave every impression you were excusing his stupidity based on someone others stupidity. Don't get upset with me when you made the posts. The reality is that this young man did something extra ignorant when one considers the climate of Americans all being scared to death of a new nut job shooting up the next location. We don't live in a vacuum. We are on the heels of three mass shootings.
Again, you made false assumptions or didn't understand my point. A simple question without false attribution or negative assumptions would have been much more appropriate.

There are posts on this forum of forum members saying they are going to our have been open carrying in Walmart to test Walmart response after seeing that they have indicated they do not want people open carrying. Your last couple of sentences are exactly why I'm stressing how stupid it is to do so.

You and I have both been on this forum a long time and have many posts, you may want to consider giving the benefit of the doubt instead of making false assumptions.

It's a shame you can't see we agree with each other.
:iagree: and I see your point now. I have also read others post of "testing the water"" and now is a really bad time for this IMHO.


striker55
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 693
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:27 am
Location: Katy, TX

Re: TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

#41

Post by striker55 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:32 am

What is wrong with "yoots" of today? No respect and clueless.

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

#42

Post by Oldgringo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:15 am

mojo84 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:04 pm
OneGun wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:01 pm
This takes stupidity to an all-time low.
I think full grown adults doing it with real guns trumps this kid.
I get the point and :iagree:


jb2012
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 888
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:12 pm

Re: TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

#43

Post by jb2012 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:35 am

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:26 am
jb2012 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:24 am
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:47 am
jb2012 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:06 am
Texas_Blaze wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:42 am
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:24 am
Good Night Nurse! I am beginning to think millennials are all severely brain damaged. This was just nothing short of a stupid move.
I to like blamin’ millennials for most anything also but only when the age fits. I don’t think 18yo is a millennial.
I like to blame baby boomers and generation y for most anything, but only when the age fits.
Well it does in this case. Using the word "millennial" does apply to Y and Z. Like it or not.

https://whatis.techtarget.com/definitio ... generation
A Time magazine article placed the Millennials at 1980-2000.
Overall, the earliest proposed birthdate for Millennials is 1976 and the latest 2004.
Argue over who is and isn’t a millenial all you want, making broad statements about an entire generation is as narrow minded as racism, sexism, or any other prejudice. There are good and bad in every generation including your generation. May I also remind you, who raised these “millennials”?
Virtue signaling 101.
Red Herring logical fallacy 101


jb2012
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 888
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:12 pm

Re: TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

#44

Post by jb2012 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:43 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:44 pm
jb2012 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:06 am
Texas_Blaze wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:42 am
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:24 am
Good Night Nurse! I am beginning to think millennials are all severely brain damaged. This was just nothing short of a stupid move.
I to like blamin’ millennials for most anything also but only when the age fits. I don’t think 18yo is a millennial.
I like to blame baby boomers and generation y for most anything, but only when the age fits.
I’m a boomer—1952. Take your best shot. :mrgreen:
lol it was just a shot at lightning for an uncalled for and ignorant statement. I don’t have a problem with ALL people of ANY subgroup.

Aside-
This thread is outrageous to say the least. Some of the opinions expressed here are awfully extreme. 30 for voting age? All millennials are to blame? I know that things get lost in translation while conversing online, but wow!

User avatar

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Deep East Texas

Re: TX: 18yo walks to Walmart open carrying 2 Air Soft guns just to see what would happen

#45

Post by flintknapper » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:38 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:42 pm
flintknapper wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:26 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:44 pm
jb2012 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:06 am
Texas_Blaze wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:42 am
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:24 am
Good Night Nurse! I am beginning to think millennials are all severely brain damaged. This was just nothing short of a stupid move.
I to like blamin’ millennials for most anything also but only when the age fits. I don’t think 18yo is a millennial.
I like to blame baby boomers and generation y for most anything, but only when the age fits.
I’m a boomer—1952. Take your best shot. :mrgreen:
Right there with ya. December of 1954. Ready for the incoming.
FLINT!!!! Long time no see, buddy! How have you been......other than getting older? :lol:
Doing fine TAM. Hope the same is true for you as well. Been retired now for a few years. Just catching up on things that need doing around the property.
Take care.
Flint.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”