TX: Company removes unpaid GPS tracker from Cap Murder defendant

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

TX: Company removes unpaid GPS tracker from Cap Murder defendant

Post by ELB »

Texas company removes murder suspect's GPS monitor due to unpaid fees without telling authorities: officials
A capital murder suspect in Texas had a court-ordered ankle monitor removed by the device's operators because the company reportedly said he didn't pay them a monitoring fee to wear the tracker.

“The vendor was immediately terminated because of serious violations of the memorandum of understanding,” Teresa May, department of director, told the news outlet, noting other defendants monitored by the company have been transferred elsewhere.

May said the company was supposed to gain permission from the department in the event they had to remove Walker's ankle monitor, but they allegedly never contacted the department about the issue.
The story and the local government starts out making the company out to be dunderheads, but farther down we find:
Guarding Public Safety, which also did not immediately return Fox News' request for comment, told KTRK in a statement that the company "sent several violations on Clint Walker to the Harris County Pretrial Supervision Dept. including his failure to charge his device as instructed resulting in no location and no communication."

"His device went dead several times and we had no location and no communication with this defendant," the statement read. "Immediate notification was sent upon removal of his device."
I'm perfectly willing to believe either or both sides screwed up.
USAF 1982-2005

03Lightningrocks

Re: TX: Company removes unpaid GPS tracker from Cap Murder defendant

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I was not aware that these things were monitored by a private company. It makes sense as long as the police do their job when issues are reported. I wonder if the thug is still on the streets.

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Post by philip964 »

Your kidding me, this is a Babylon bee thing right?

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Teresa May, department of director, told the news outlet, noting other defendants monitored by the company have been transferred elsewhere.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. One day you're the Prime Minister of England, the next day you're monitoring criminal ankle monitors.

I'm glad she landed a new gig. :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

The defendant is supposed to charge it, but it doesn't look like he incurred any penalty for not doing so, so why bother?
USAF 1982-2005

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Paying the monthly monitoring fees is part of his release. They should have picked him up and put him back in jail the first payment he missed. They can blame the monitoring service all they want but if they did their job right to begin with, the guy would be back in jail. This is another result of libtards taking charge of a city. The pablum pukers think it is "unfair" to lock a criminal up because he can't afford the monitoring bill.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”