Canton, OH PD raid after hours bar: Coke, weed, cash, 7 firearms.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Canton, OH PD raid after hours bar: Coke, weed, cash, 7 firearms.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

https://fox8.com/2019/03/04/canton-poli ... anton-bar/

The Canton, Ohio PD raided an after hours, illegal bar that was a source of constant citizen complaints. This happened on 3/3/19.

The above link contains 2 photos. Scroll left and right with the arrows at 900 AM and 300 PM on the screen.

1. 2 tubs of illegal liquor. It's a bar, so I'm not sure why the hooch is illegal.
2. The 7 firearms which were seized. There is 1 revolver, apparently a Smith; 5 regular pistols; and one very large pistol (stockless, so not a rifle), with apparently two 20 or 30 round magazines. Bindles of cocaine are on the left, some bags of weed, and a very large stack of cash.

With all this firepower, and 70 presumed lowlifes at this after hours bar, it's a relief to know that no shots were fired, and all the LEO's are OK.

The thin blue line didn't lose anyone that night. It could have turned out really bad.

I'm assuming that the largest pistol displayed was kept behind the bar, for bartender protection. It's too large to carry on one's person.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

The Annoyed Man

Re: Canton, OH PD raid after hours bar: Coke, weed, cash, 7 firearms.

Post by The Annoyed Man »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:32 pm https://fox8.com/2019/03/04/canton-poli ... anton-bar/

The Canton, Ohio PD raided an after hours, illegal bar that was a source of constant citizen complaints. This happened on 3/3/19.

The above link contains 2 photos. Scroll left and right with the arrows at 900 AM and 300 PM on the screen.

1. 2 tubs of illegal liquor. It's a bar, so I'm not sure why the hooch is illegal.
2. The 7 firearms which were seized. There is 1 revolver, apparently a Smith; 5 regular pistols; and one very large pistol (stockless, so not a rifle), with apparently two 20 or 30 round magazines. Bindles of cocaine are on the left, some bags of weed, and a very large stack of cash.

With all this firepower, and 70 presumed lowlifes at this after hours bar, it's a relief to know that no shots were fired, and all the LEO's are OK.

The thin blue line didn't lose anyone that night. It could have turned out really bad.

I'm assuming that the largest pistol displayed was kept behind the bar, for bartender protection. It's too large to carry on one's person.

SIA
It’s an AK pistol which, if I’m not mistaken, is illegal because of the Magpul angled fore grip under the rail.

Edited to add: woops! I just checked. The AFG apparently doesn’t change a pistol's status, but a vertical fore grip converts the pistol into an AOW.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

narcissist

Re: Canton, OH PD raid after hours bar: Coke, weed, cash, 7 firearms.

Post by narcissist »

Sounds like both sides expecially the Law Enforcement got lucky, in these type of underground bars you don't wanna mess around. Im really suprised no shots were fired, glad but extremely hard to believe the "outlaws" didn't fire a single shot.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Return to “The Crime Blotter”