TX: Missing NH couple found buried on South Texas beach

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

TX: Missing NH couple found buried on South Texas beach

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/missing-hampshir ... 35672.html

I had seen this story on Yahoo for a couple of days.

They were on vacation traveling in an RV. They had apparently decided to spend the night in the RV on the beach.

Their relatives decided they were missing and the police found their bodies in a shallow grave on the beach.

Homicide is suspected says the article.

Interesting if you read the comments.

Many express the opinion that you need to be armed if you do this and that it should be allowed if you travel.

A problem if you have to pass through New York.

Another commentor says mentioning that the RV passed into Mexico on the 21st was not mentioned as that did not fit into the USA Today narrative.

I will investigate further.

Topic author
philip964

Re: TX: Missing NH couple found buried on South Texas beach

Post by philip964 »

https://www.caller.com/story/news/crime ... 159024002/

Yep truck was last seen passing into Mexico.

Pretty sad that a retired couple from NH can’t vacation in Texas, camp on the beach in their RV, without both ending up murdered and their truck stolen and taken into Mexico.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

philip964 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:16 pm https://www.caller.com/story/news/crime ... 159024002/

Yep truck was last seen passing into Mexico.

Pretty sad that a retired couple from NH can’t vacation in Texas, camp on the beach in their RV, without both ending up murdered and their truck stolen and taken into Mexico.
:iagree: One of the problems with RVing, even in some of the Texas RV parks and campgrounds is that you can be in a pretty isolated place. Caddo Lake comes to mind. The RV sites are pretty far removed from other people - which is the way that some of us like it. But that is the reason that my pistol stays in an open drawer at my bedside. The problem is that some of the RV parks are COE. There was another elderly RV couple murdered in NM a couple of years back so it isn't just a close-to-Mexico issue.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

Your RV and your vehicle is your home even in a COE park. Didn't I see where a person was arrested and charged with the murders?

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WildBill »

Oldgringo wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:22 am Your RV and your vehicle is your home even in a COE park. Didn't I see where a person was arrested and charged with the murders?
I saw a picture of a guy driving their truck, but I don't think he has been identified yet.
NRA Endowment Member

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

WildBill wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:36 pm I saw a picture of a guy driving their truck, but I don't think he has been identified yet.
Was it this guy? He looks kinda shifty.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

WildBill wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:36 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:22 am Your RV and your vehicle is your home even in a COE park. Didn't I see where a person was arrested and charged with the murders?
I saw a picture of a guy driving their truck, but I don't think he has been identified yet.
There was a guy arrested for stealing their truck and RV. Their murder is under investigation?

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

We were tent camping on the beach in Port A a few years back. Could not see a person in either direction that night. Sheriff woke us up (dead of night, don't know the time) and asked if this guy she had handcuffed was with us? He said he was. He was not.

I have not camped on the beach since then, but I have wondered how to keep sand out of a pistol while keeping it fully functional.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

dlh

Post by dlh »

The Utah suspect had pending warrants out of Utah for failures to appear on various felonies or misdemeanors.
He probably hiding out down in Corpus Christi on the beach.
Wonder if this was a total stranger on stranger encounter and the poor tourists were just in the wrong place at the wrong time?
When I am out camping I always carry my Glock 26 with a couple extra loaded magazines.
Never know what you will encounter---this case an excellent example of that.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I'm not sure that is a legal understanding, based on the latest information that I've seen.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/vol ... eers-land/
While the link is from 2017, I haven't seen any new information about USACE decision indicated in the article. Texas makes a distinction on the "house" part of an RV regarding open alcohol containers but I'm not sure that the Federal rules or other States view the non-driving part of an RV the same. You have a better position with a trailer than I do with a motor home. Neither of them may be off limits to the Nixon era firearm regs without a new ruling.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

Did they know the Clintons?
T
Really suspected homicide, it's kind of hard to bury your self in a shallow grave once dead.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

chasfm11 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:47 pm
I'm not sure that is a legal understanding, based on the latest information that I've seen.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/vol ... eers-land/
While the link is from 2017, I haven't seen any new information about USACE decision indicated in the article. Texas makes a distinction on the "house" part of an RV regarding open alcohol containers but I'm not sure that the Federal rules or other States view the non-driving part of an RV the same. You have a better position with a trailer than I do with a motor home. Neither of them may be off limits to the Nixon era firearm regs without a new ruling.
[/quote

We favor Rec.Gov campgrounds for a variety of rea$on$. The USACE may cite their rules but they don't make the laws. No, we do not openly carry or display our 'eargesplitten loudenboomers', but our modest TT is our home away from home and our truck is our truck.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

bbhack wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:19 pm I have not camped on the beach since then, but I have wondered how to keep sand out of a pistol while keeping it fully functional.
Hmmm, I'd say the answer is "buy a Glock". Was this a trick question?

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:12 pm
bbhack wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:19 pm I have not camped on the beach since then, but I have wondered how to keep sand out of a pistol while keeping it fully functional.
I've never owned a Glock. Is firing while full of grit the main selling point?
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

bbhack wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:31 pm
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:12 pm
I've never owned a Glock. Is firing while full of grit the main selling point?
Actually, yes! LOL... full of grit, dripping with mud, under water... you name it. They always go bang.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”