Frisco ISD Lockdown.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 1

Frisco ISD Lockdown.

Post by gtolbert09 »

https://dfwscanner.net/2019/11/13/upda ... o-schools/

17 yr old with BB gun resembling real firearm. Felony arrest.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Frisco ISD Lockdown.

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Calling a BB gun a firearm is just ridiculous! They are way over charging him..IMHO. The gun hysteria is becoming absolutely beyond any kind of reason.

bubba84

Post by bubba84 »

When I was still at the PD i had a rook ask me to sign off on his PC affidavit. He hooked a kid for shooting a BB gun at an enclosed trailer. Charged him with discharge of a firearm. I refused to notarize the PC as a BB gun doesnt meet the legal definition of a firearm. He called the Sarge, who called the LT. LT kicked the kid loose from the jail.

I dont see anything in the penal or education code that includes replicas, facsimiles in the offenses.

Way over charging is correct.

03Lightningrocks

bubba84 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:33 pm When I was still at the PD i had a rook ask me to sign off on his PC affidavit. He hooked a kid for shooting a BB gun at an enclosed trailer. Charged him with discharge of a firearm. I refused to notarize the PC as a BB gun doesnt meet the legal definition of a firearm. He called the Sarge, who called the LT. LT kicked the kid loose from the jail.

I dont see anything in the penal or education code that includes replicas, facsimiles in the offenses.

Way over charging is correct.
It seems it is crazy to saddle this kid with a felony for the rest of his life because of a BB gun! Hopefully he gets a good lawyer and they throw this thing out.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Charged with "Exhibition of a Firearm", What kind of charge is that? Sounds made up to me.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

03Lightningrocks

Liberty wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:31 pm Charged with "Exhibition of a Firearm", What kind of charge is that? Sounds made up to me.
The whole thing is just dumb. When I was a kid we got in trouble for shooting a window of a neighbors house. Back then all that happened was a but kicking from mom and lots of yard work to pay for window. Would they charge a kid with attempted murder these days? It is just silliness run amuck.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”