Police searching for gunman who shot at Fresno family watching TV

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Police searching for gunman who shot at Fresno family watching TV

Post by Flightmare »

https://abc7.com/at-least-9-shot-by-unk ... o/5704122/
FRESNO, Calif. -- Multiple people have been shot, and some are dead after police say a suspect opened fire at an east central Fresno home during a family gathering Sunday night.

Officers responded to a home on Lamona Avenue off of Peach Avenue just after 6 pm.

Fresno Police say several people were gathered to watch a football game when the suspect snuck into the back and opened fire.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

chasfm11

Re: Police searching for gunman who shot at Fresno family watching TV

Post by chasfm11 »

I've often wondered about the backstory on some of these rather bizarre situations.

Just for fun, I tried to locate Lamona and Peach on a map. They appear to intersect on the East side of the city,near the airport. Then, I went to the City of Fresno website and found the police information.
https://www.fresno.gov/police/wp-conten ... 062019.pdf

It appears that the area for this shooting falls into the Southeast (green) area on the map. I tried to compare the statistics, especially the violent crime ones between that area and the other areas of the city. It would appear that it is the leader though the Southwest is not far behind. My guess is that the downtown area, like many other cities, is the hotbed of crime.

Was this shooting gang related, even if all of the participants were not gang members? Were drugs or the sale of them somehow involved? Was this some sort of a family feud? Of course, none of that will matter since the shooting was the NRA's fault. I'm sure that would be Mayor Pete's take, based on what he said about the last CA shooting.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

anygunanywhere

Re: Police searching for gunman who shot at Fresno family watching TV

Post by anygunanywhere »

Fake news. Everyone knows how guns are restricted in Kalifornia.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “The Crime Blotter”