FL:Jewelry Store robbery, UPS truck jacking, police chase, shoot out, 4 dead

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 6

FL:Jewelry Store robbery, UPS truck jacking, police chase, shoot out, 4 dead

Post by philip964 »

Two robbers and two innocent civilians, believed to be UPS driver taken hostage and a driver of a car who just turned on to the street.

https://www.wphm.net/
Last edited by philip964 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: FL:Jewelry Store robbery, UPS truck jacking, police chase, shoot out, 4 dead

Post by ELB »

Friend of mine lives about 1/4 mile from that jewelry store. He said he heard the shots, but happily for him the robbers went the other way.
USAF 1982-2005

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Re: FL:Jewelry Store robbery, UPS truck jacking, police chase, shoot out, 4 dead

Post by carlson1 »

This reminds me of the FBI Miami Shootout from 1986. The only difference is Officers where not killed, but how sad civilians were.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... dentified/

1 of dead robbers identified. Felon released 2 years early from prison after 10 year sentence for armed robbery.

Made bad decisions says relative.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

philip964 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:02 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... dentified/

1 of dead robbers identified. Felon released 2 years early from prison after 10 year sentence for armed robbery.

Made bad decisions says relative.
He made it pretty obvious he had no intentions of going back.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

In addition to bad guys who were desperados, this was also a law enforcement manure show. It's not like the stolen jewelry wouldn't have been covered by insurance if not recovered, so why not just follow the van in a chopper to the bad guys' destination, and take them THERE, instead of engaging them in a massive shootout on a busy highway, resulting in the deaths of both the hostage AND an innocent bystander trapped in his car? My God, cops were using bystander cars with people inside them as cover to shoot from, so naturally the bad guys shot back in those directions. Completely inexcusable.

What a complete mongolian hair ball. There was no excuse for this.....in the face of a property crime with a hostage involved no less. I hope the police chief is happy with his officers' training. I'm sure a statement will be released absolving the dept of any of the burden of responsibility.

Yes, the bad guys were bad guys. Yes, they stole property. Yes, they took a hostage. Yes, none of this would have happened if they hadn't been violent criminals. But what ALSO DIDN'T happen was a police response that took the hostage's and the public's safety into account ahead of capture and property recovery.

I'm just fed up with this kind of stuff. :mad5
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:58 pm In addition to bad guys who were desperados, this was also a law enforcement manure show. It's not like the stolen jewelry wouldn't have been covered by insurance if not recovered, so why not just follow the van in a chopper to the bad guys' destination, and take them THERE, instead of engaging them in a massive shootout on a busy highway, resulting in the deaths of both the hostage AND an innocent bystander trapped in his car? My God, cops were using bystander cars with people inside them as cover to shoot from, so naturally the bad guys shot back in those directions. Completely inexcusable.

What a complete mongolian hair ball. There was no excuse for this.....in the face of a property crime with a hostage involved no less. I hope the police chief is happy with his officers' training. I'm sure a statement will be released absolving the dept of any of the burden of responsibility.

Yes, the bad guys were bad guys. Yes, they stole property. Yes, they took a hostage. Yes, none of this would have happened if they hadn't been violent criminals. But what ALSO DIDN'T happen was a police response that took the hostage's and the public's safety into account ahead of capture and property recovery.

Not like UPS trucks don't have a gps system in them either.
NRA Benefactor Member

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

These cops behaved similar to a posse in the old west after a bank robbery. Shoot up the whole city. But hey, we did save the jewelry.

aero10

Post by aero10 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:58 pm In addition to bad guys who were desperados, this was also a law enforcement manure show. It's not like the stolen jewelry wouldn't have been covered by insurance if not recovered, so why not just follow the van in a chopper to the bad guys' destination, and take them THERE, instead of engaging them in a massive shootout on a busy highway, resulting in the deaths of both the hostage AND an innocent bystander trapped in his car? My God, cops were using bystander cars with people inside them as cover to shoot from, so naturally the bad guys shot back in those directions. Completely inexcusable.

:iagree:

When I started reading about this one, I was completely appalled. So many things gone wrong.

The Annoyed Man

Everybody is outraged.

From a liberal:

From a minarchist libertarian:

From a conservative site:

Eyewitness video, which if you listen closely, had a ricochet pass right by them:

This shootout was outrageous, and these officers are going to collect a raft of legal issues behind this. The involved departments need their training closely examined.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks

Quite frankly, this goes way beyond a political stance. Leftist Libtard or Real American, neither side should be approving of this behavior. This is totally unacceptable. Every one of the cops involved should be charged with murder for the innocent bystander and UPS driver and at the very least, they should all be fired.

The Annoyed Man

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:39 pm Quite frankly, this goes way beyond a political stance. Leftist Libtard or Real American, neither side should be approving of this behavior. This is totally unacceptable. Every one of the cops involved should be charged with murder for the innocent bystander and UPS driver and at the very least, they should all be fired.
My point exactly. It’s so shocking as to transcend ideological differences. Americans aren’t going to stand for this.

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:53 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:39 pm Quite frankly, this goes way beyond a political stance. Leftist Libtard or Real American, neither side should be approving of this behavior. This is totally unacceptable. Every one of the cops involved should be charged with murder for the innocent bystander and UPS driver and at the very least, they should all be fired.
My point exactly. It’s so shocking as to transcend ideological differences. Americans aren’t going to stand for this.
Yep, your post is what inspired my comments. I should have added an :iagree: . :mrgreen:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”