Dallas Man Charged With Manslaughter

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Dallas Man Charged With Manslaughter

Post by carlson1 »

https://www.fox4news.com/news/police-ch ... ry-suspect
DALLAS - A man who police said was burglarizing a shed behind a Dallas home Friday was fatally shot after being confronted by the homeowner.
Police are charging the homeowner with manslaughter for "recklessly" firing his gun.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Dallas Man Charged With Manslaughter

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:18 pm https://www.fox4news.com/news/police-ch ... ry-suspect
DALLAS - A man who police said was burglarizing a shed behind a Dallas home Friday was fatally shot after being confronted by the homeowner.
Police are charging the homeowner with manslaughter for "recklessly" firing his gun.
There is a lot of missing details here. One thing I immediately wondered about was that they are not reporting that the homeowner called the police after firing his weapon at someone. IMHO he made a huge mistake on that little detail.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PriestTheRunner »

So did he or did he not call the police first?

If they traced the blood trail, then there is a good bet that he chose to not call it in. Thats a BIG mistake. He still didn't do anything wrong per Texas law (defense of property at nighttime) but the low-life liberal DA will definitely try to hit him with something now.

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

I don’t know what they are considering "recklessly" firing his gun.

03Lightningrocks

PriestTheRunner wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:37 pm So did he or did he not call the police first?

If they traced the blood trail, then there is a good bet that he chose to not call it in. Thats a BIG mistake. He still didn't do anything wrong per Texas law (defense of property at nighttime) but the low-life liberal DA will definitely try to hit him with something now.
Dallas has become a bastion for liberals with anti gun/anti self defense at the forefront of their agenda. The story does not say he called the police.I just can't imagine being silly enough to fire my weapon at someone and not calling the cops to report it. I want to be the first guy to get my story recorded. We may find out he knew the guy or something.

03Lightningrocks

carlson1 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:39 pm I don’t know what they are considering "recklessly" firing his gun.
I wondered the same. Was he just firing off rounds as the guy fled/ We definitely need more info on this one.

ELB

Post by ELB »

PC Sec. 19.04. MANSLAUGHTER. (a) A person commits an offense if he recklessly causes the death of an individual.
(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree.

PC Sec.6.03 (c) A person acts recklessly, or is reckless, with respect to circumstances surrounding his conduct or the result of his conduct when he is aware of but consciously disregards a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the circumstances exist or the result will occur. The risk must be of such a nature and degree that its disregard constitutes a gross deviation from the standard of care that an ordinary person would exercise under all the circumstances as viewed from the actor's standpoint.
Charge of murder requires intent. Manslaughter does not require intent. Based on the skimpy information available I’m guessing the homeowner told the cops he did a Joe Biden and fired his gun intending to scare, not kill, the burglar.
USAF 1982-2005

03Lightningrocks

The lesson here is to keep your mouth shut and call an attorney. After a shooting,take the ride if you have to but talk to an attorney before engaging ones mouth. It is so easy to say the wrong thing and end up buried in the legal system.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Did the burglar get physical with the homeowner? What exactly was "reckless"?

Need more details.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Return to “The Crime Blotter”