GA: "Jogger" chased and murdered

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 5

Re: GA: "Jogger" chased and murdered

Post by BigGuy »

Jeff B. wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:26 pm https://lawofselfdefense.com/ahmaud-ar ... ly-guilty/

Look here, breaks down the felony murder.

Jeff B.
OK, Thanks. That make is a bit more clear.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 74

Post by philip964 »

So will this be the first time a man, videotaping in a separate car 100 ft from a self defense death, is convicted of murdering a jogging stranger in his neighborhood, where you leave your car unlocked because of break-ins, and a jogging stranger who previously fought with police trying to arrest him and had previously been shown on surveillance video not jogging and entering a private home under construction?

I am only surprised the homeowner doing the remodeling with the security video wasn’t also arrested for murder as well. It may be because he wisely said, I never told anyone to watch my house.
Last edited by philip964 on Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff B.
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Jeff B. »

Thank you…. I don’t disagree that what they did was supremely stupid, but it’s not a plethora of Murder charges.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

AndyC1911
Posts in topic: 4

Post by AndyC1911 »

We can't start from a faulty premise "Hey, that might be the guy from X days ago..." and chase him down. Once they did that, they bore responsibility for all the mistakes that followed.

AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

BigGuy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:21 pm Can somebody explain why there are multiple counts of Felony Murder?
IANAL... but they're saying because those three men intentionally committed four felonies — two counts of aggravated assault and one count each of false imprisonment and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment — that each of those felonies led to Arbery's death. Some weird Georgian legal thing.

Jeff B.
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Jeff B. »

Arbery did engage the son and attempt to disarm him.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

Can't claim self-defense if one initiates the conflict; quite the reverse and one automatically becomes the assailant, so Arbery therefore had the right to defend himself by attempting to disarm the son.

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by BigGuy »

AndyC1911 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:28 pm Can't claim self-defense if one initiates the conflict; quite the reverse and one automatically becomes the assailant, so Arbery therefore had the right to defend himself by attempting to disarm the son.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: Every video I've seen seems to show predators chasing a guy who was doing nothing wrong. The same law of self defense that applied to Kyle Rittenhouse also applied to Mr. Arbery. Unfortunately, he wasn't armed and didn't survive the attack.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/own-words-may-do ... 17529.html

Shooters own words to police may have convicted them.

Seems the video guy may have also been the one originally chasing the jogger.

Ex-district attorney charged in Ahmaud Arbery case booked at GA jail 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -jail.html

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

philip964 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:57 pm So will this be the first time a man, videotaping in a separate car 100 ft from a self defense death, is convicted of murdering a jogging stranger in his neighborhood, where you leave your car unlocked because of break-ins, and a jogging stranger who previously fought with police trying to arrest him and had previously been shown on surveillance video not jogging and entering a private home under construction?

I am only surprised the homeowner doing the remodeling with the security video wasn’t also arrested for murder as well. It may be because he wisely said, I never told anyone to watch my house.
The problem is that he was doing more than just filming.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

philip964 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:50 am Slowly hold hands up. Say don’t shoot. Stand still. Freeze. Turn around and run away (distance is your friend). Keep hand still and where guy with shot gun can see them.

Don’t: reach in you pockets, make sudden moves. Reach behind your back.

In no case run towards someone with a shotgun pointed at you.

There are exceptions. But not here in this case.
This assumes that you trust the guy holding the gun to not kill you as you run away or just stand there facing them. I'm not sure that I would jump to that assumption if a non-uniformed man was repeatedly trying to stop me while I was not doing anything illegal, and then approached me with a gun in his hands. This is especially true if I suspect that the man and his friends may not like me for any reason, including my race.

Of course I would expect that I'd be armed in this situation so that gives me other options. Still three to one against are not good odds under any circumstances.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 50

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I don't know what you fellers saw but what I saw was two rednecks screaming yeehaw as they loaded up in a truck to chase down the jogger they decided must be up to no good. That is just crappola. I don't give a good golly darn what the technicalities of the law are. To say those two rednecks were in the right is to say any one of us could be chosen by them in the same way. Heck, just the other day I was checking out the A/C install on a home being built. I guess i should have been shot dead for daring to look at the HVAC install. Get real people. The guy with the video cam is the only one I feel got a bum deal but maybe he had more to do with the crew from deliverance taking chase than I realize. It was a good day for justice in Georgia! Two less cold blooded killers out on the street. There you go. MHO!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/g ... ud-arbery/

Grand Jury indicts DA for obstruction.

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Killadocg23 »

philip964 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:14 pm https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/g ... ud-arbery/

Grand Jury indicts DA for obstruction.
They should double her charges to 10 years. I really hope she is convicted and serves every bit of time. Instead of upholding the law she protected these cold blooded killers.

Unbelievable.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... sentences/

Two life without parole. Guy filming, life with possibility of parole.

Lesson here. Call the police.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”