Atlanta: Rayshard Brooks shot by officer after pointing taser at another officer.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 13

Atlanta: Rayshard Brooks shot by officer after pointing taser at another officer.

Post by philip964 »

Last edited by philip964 on Tue May 18, 2021 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
philip964

Re: Atlanta: a very positive article on Rayshard Brooks

Post by philip964 »

Here is a YouTube video of the encounter.

The officer who was also there, but didn’t fire his gun has been suspended or something.

If we want to end drunk driving arrests, just change the law.

Yes it is a shame his daughter probably watched her dad die on video on her birthday.

striker55
Posts in topic: 1

Post by striker55 »

I read somewhere that traffic stops should be stopped.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

That sure looked like a good shoot to me. The guy resisted arrest and then attempted to shoot the officer with the taser. This crappola is going to start getting police officers killed.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/14/us/atlan ... index.html

Possible charges against police officer(s?) expected this week.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by powerboatr »

philip964 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:54 pm

The officer who was also there, but didn’t fire his gun has been suspended or something.

Yes it is a shame his daughter probably watched her dad die on video on her birthday.
thank you for the share of the video. truthfully i never watched the news and had no idea he was already tazed once but kept going and then tazed the officer, makes sense a bit at why the lethal choice was next as they had no more non lethal. hindsight, they knew who he was and possibly just have let him run off, arrest later. not saying that what should have happened, it was just a thought.
but he really tossed those two officers around like rag dolls, so maybe it was not just the alcohol in his system. people do weird stuff once the cuffs come out. personally i hated it and it instantly makes you feel helpless and caged.
now we have two officers ruined, and one dead guy. the officers were imo pretty darn polite and respectful and calm until the bad guy freaked, i think they never thought he would switch ON and become a fight.

burning down wendys sure didnt help afterwards. we have to get this under control.
we dont need a change in DUI or other impaired drivers laws, DUI and impaired drivers are murderers in my eyes
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

powerboatr wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:47 pm

thank you for the share of the video. truthfully i never watched the news and had no idea he was already tazed once but kept going and then tazed the officer, makes sense a bit at why the lethal choice was next as they had no more non lethal. hindsight, they knew who he was and possibly just have let him run off, arrest later. not saying that what should have happened, it was just a thought.
but he really tossed those two officers around like rag dolls, so maybe it was not just the alcohol in his system. people do weird stuff once the cuffs come out. personally i hated it and it instantly makes you feel helpless and caged.
now we have two officers ruined, and one dead guy. the officers were imo pretty darn polite and respectful and calm until the bad guy freaked, i think they never thought he would switch ON and become a fight.

burning down wendys sure didnt help afterwards. we have to get this under control.
we dont need a change in DUI or other impaired drivers laws, DUI and impaired drivers are murderers in my eyes
They also had his wheels. So he gets to his house, maybe the one with the birthday girl. They then come for him there. He holes up, won’t come out, he says he has a gun, SWAT is called, a mob is formed at his house.....

In today’s environment lord only knows what is next.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:31 pm
powerboatr wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:47 pm

They also had his wheels. So he gets to his house, maybe the one with the birthday girl. They then come for him there. He holes up, won’t come out, he says he has a gun, SWAT is called, a mob is formed at his house.....

In today’s environment lord only knows what is next.
The whole thing is baloney. The fact of the matter is, it has nothing to do with race.Any white guy would have gotten the same result had he acted like an animal. They are acting like they think they should just be allowed to tell the cops to bugger off. Well BULL. No they should not. I see this kind of thing and call in to question how many black moms actually tell their young men to be respectful. Obviously his mom did not give him that lesson. What we have in this country is a very large sub culture in the black community that is extremely lawless and white people are not allowed to tell the truth about it.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... ustifiable

Former FBI tragic but justifiable.

Joy Behar went all ballistic on the fired cop today on the View. I don't think she has seen the video. Taser isn't a weapon. I think she believes that everyone should fight with cops or that arrests for drunk driving should not be made, call a relative to come pick him up.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/two-experts-dead ... 29010.html

2 experts shooting not justifiable.

Should have called him an Uber.

Looks like moms against drunk driving will end up being the losers here. Maybe the people they are trying to save as well.
Last edited by philip964 on Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Post by parabelum »

Not same as Floyd. This character earned the lead.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

parabelum wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:47 pm Not same as Floyd. This character earned the lead.
Any rational thinking person would agree.

Joy Behar is not a rational thinking person.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:17 pm That sure looked like a good shoot to me. The guy resisted arrest and then attempted to shoot the officer with the taser. This crappola is going to start getting police officers killed.
There’s not enough money in the world to make me want to be a cop. Not that I’m not already too old and out of shape, but even if I were young and fit, you still couldn’t pay me enough these days to be a cop.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Blackhorse1

Post by Blackhorse1 »

:iagree: Amen.
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Post by parabelum »

:iagree:

Actually, I’m wondering if in these backwards times if this happened to a Joe Shmo Citizen LTC holder or not, whether there would be actually less zeal to question self defense.
Anyways, I tip my hat to the good and prudent officers who deal with this sort of scum daily. That’s a tough one.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”