TX: one dead at shooting during police protest in downtown Austin tonight

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Paladin
Posts in topic: 38

Re: TX: one dead at shooting during police protest in downtown Austin tonight

Post by Paladin »

Mike S wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:42 am
PUCKER wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:18 am
Redneck_Buddha wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:17 am Forgot where I saw the new enlarged photo of the open carrier, but he has the stock raised to his shoulder with the rifle squarely pointed at the driver's side. No matter how the media is spinning things, they are going to have a hard time gaslighting this one.
I believe this is the photo (or one of them).... :tiphat:

idiot.jpg
In this photo Foster clearly has the buttstock in his shoulder & at the low ready, however the muzzle appears to be pointed at the ground.

However, I'd add:

1. This snapshot is merely a still image of a single moment in time; he may have raised the muzzle the second after this photo was taken, or he may not have.

2. I can attest that it takes only a fraction of a second to go from low ready to engaging a target, especially at that close range.

3. And most importantly, I think any reasonable person in the same circumstances (or, who was surrounded by a mob beating on their car, and saw a young man approaching their stopped car with a rifle at the low ready) would reasonably believe they were in immediate jeopardy of death or serious bodily injury.
:iagree:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 7

Post by K.Mooneyham »

chasfm11 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:06 am
Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:22 am
It will be interesting to see what comes up in the coming days with this recent shooting in Austin. I would have to think there is more video evidence out there from a crowded Austin street, either from other protesters or from businesses that have cameras. I'm thinking that protesters are not willing to share video as it doesn't support their narrative of what happened.
I'd bet that the Austin PD is no more anxious to find a video that doesn't support the protestors' narrative.
:iagree: I believe the "official narrative" at this point as much as I still believe the original "official narrative" of Goines' and his crew's attack/killing of that couple in Houston. The "official narrative" these days is based on party politics and what the party controlling the area has to lose and/or gain from the event, and whether they have the backing of the mass news media. "Never let a crisis go to waste. By that I mean, you can get things done you didn't think you could get done before" --- Rahm Emmanuel, former CoS for President Barack Obama.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 18

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/26/us/a ... tests.html

The New York Times writes about the incident.

More balanced than I thought it would be. But still biased that people should not have guns.

Maybe as a result of Nicholas Sandman lawsuit.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

At this point I'll postpone any opinions on the outcome, but I am simply astonished that the media isn't dwelling on the evil, blood letting, self activating, nasty black rifle the decedent was carrying. I can only surmise those evil black rifles become benign and gentle impotent objects in the hands of antifa and BLM protesting fascists.
Last edited by puma guy on Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

bbhack
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bbhack »

puma guy wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:56 pm At this point I'll postpone any opinions on the outcome, but I am simply astonished that the media isn't dwelling on the evil, blood letting, self activating, nasty black rifle the decadent was carrying. I can only surmise those evil black rifles become benign and gentle impotent objects in the hands of antifa and BLM protesting fascists.
"Decadent". Was that a typo? Could go either way.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SQLGeek »

puma guy wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:56 pm At this point I'll postpone any opinions on the outcome, but I am simply astonished that the media isn't dwelling on the evil, blood letting, self activating, nasty black rifle the decadent was carrying. I can only surmise those evil black rifles become benign and gentle impotent objects in the hands of antifa and BLM protesting fascists.
Notice how that with the rifle in the hands of those of certain political persuasion, it's described as a tool to ensure safety.

Funny isn't that what we've been saying all along?

Of course if you misuse that tool or use it in aggression it just might get you killed.
Psalm 91:2

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 14

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

SQLGeek wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:34 pm
Notice how that with the rifle in the hands of those of certain political persuasion, it's described as a tool to ensure safety.

Funny isn't that what we've been saying all along?

Of course if you misuse that tool or use it in aggression it just might get you killed.
I am thinking we are making some headway with the MSM. They haven't called it an "assault" rifle once. The new rules are hard to keep up with. Covid is not contagious when leftists are rioting. And now... it is not an assault rifle when a rioter is in possession of it.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 18

Post by philip964 »

Rob72 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:22 pm Looks to me like Foster's left hand is on the hood, and that stock is resting over his clavicle. If so, that muzzle is a whole lot more inline with the driver, than with the pavement by Foster's feet.

So. Foster is participating in action forcibly impeding the transit of the driver. IANAL, but I suspect that the rifle qualifies this as forcible restraint, even though its a car vs. pedestrian scenario.

The driver, has no option of escape, other than to drive through the (not visibly armed) crowd.

Foster made public statements, contemporaneous to the event, that demonstrate an aggressive and confrontational mindset.

Now, if the driver had no "reasonable business" there, e.g., did not live/work in the area, their presence at the scene could be problematic.

If they do have "reasonable business", then the presence of an aggressive armed individual, in the midst of a mob, is reasonably seen as a threat.

I would be curious about his AF time. He has the smell of an unfulfilled GI Joe, traipsing his fiance out in an almost baiting fashion, trying to create a scenario in which he could "defend" her.
Austin has an interesting traffic pattern. Lots of highways go North/South, not much East/West. It seems every time I’m in Austin I’m exiting I 35 and driving through downtown to head West. My memory the streets are one way and I think I always try and avoid 6th street since it’s always so busy. I think this occurred on 4th street.

So to me it was very easy for this guy to be just a guy trying to get through downtown to go West or East to get to I-35.

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

Rob72 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:22 pm
I would be curious about his AF time.
Me too.
USAF 1982-2005

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

ELB wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:16 pm
Rob72 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:22 pm
I would be curious about his AF time.
Me too.
There's a thread on ar15.com from his former leadership. Sounded like he was a dud, but not evil at that time in his life. Apparently he "protested" consecutively for the past 50 days.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

As Mao said Every Communist must grasp the truth, "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."

And the Democrats/Marxists/Communists want to disarm us while they have all the guns. Coincidental?

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Video of the shooting appears to show Foster standing facing the drivers side door with his AK facing the driver. Point blank. No wonder Foster got hit so many times.

Good shoot

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

bbhack wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:48 pm
"Decadent". Was that a typo? Could go either way.
:thumbs2: Spell check knew what he was. :lol: Decedent i.e. Dead guy!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “The Crime Blotter”