TX: one dead at shooting during police protest in downtown Austin tonight

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 18

TX: one dead at shooting during police protest in downtown Austin tonight

Post by philip964 »

Breaking.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 5

Re: TX: one dead at shooting during police protest in downtown Austin tonight

Post by Beiruty »

Who shot who?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 7

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Not much clear info right now. Some claims that members of the "protest group" started beating on a car, prompting the gunshots, others that there was a "verbal confrontation" immediately prior to the shooting. Even if any of that is accurate, pretty much no details. Really, it could have been anyone at this point and for a whole bunch of different reasons.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 14

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The shooting happened about 9:50 p.m. at Fourth Street and Congress Avenue, EMS officials said. Austin police said the male victim was carrying a weapon when he approached a vehicle. The person in the vehicle then shot the man.
https://www.statesman.com/news/20200725 ... in-protest

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 4

Post by crazy2medic »

If he'd been at home watching TV, he'd be alive now!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Beiruty »

I heard 2 set of fires, the first one sound like louder than the other.
I would speculate:
The person with rifle approached a vehicle and opened fire. The person in the car returned fire and shot the person with the rifle dead.
The article above does note the the shooter is cooperating with investigators. Most likely the car driver surrendered and he claimed the shooting was in self defense. No arrest yet.
Last edited by Beiruty on Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Beiruty wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:31 am I heard 2 set of fires, the first one sound like louder than the other.
I would speculate:
The person with rifle approached a vehicle and opened fire. The person returned fire and shot the person with the rifle dead.
The article above does note the the shooter is cooperating with investigators. Most likely the car driver surrendered and he claimed the shooting was in self defense. No arrest yet.
Yes, sir, after a couple of listens, I hear two groups of gunshots. First group is five shots, louder than the second group of three shots. That would go along with reports of the deceased having an AK.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 14

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:08 am
Beiruty wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:31 am I heard 2 set of fires, the first one sound like louder than the other.
I would speculate:
The person with rifle approached a vehicle and opened fire. The person returned fire and shot the person with the rifle dead.
Yes, sir, after a couple of listens, I hear two groups of gunshots. First group is five shots, louder than the second group of three shots. That would go along with reports of the deceased having an AK.
It is a bit curious how in this situation they call it a rifle but when pushing the gun control agenda it becomes an "assault rifle". :waiting:

cirus
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cirus »

I would speculate:
Seems the man with the rifle fired first then.

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Syntyr »

cirus wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:40 am
I would speculate:
Seems the man with the rifle fired first then.
Rumor has it that the deceased approached a car firing his AK 5 times. The car driver returned fire 3 times striking and killing the deceased.

Here is the deceased earlier in the night. An interview where he said he couldn't use his AK against the cops but that all of the other haters were too scared to come out and face them. Seems like trouble looking for a problem. Language warning...

https://mobile.twitter.com/punmasterfla ... 9086938112
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

jason812
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jason812 »

Nice to see The Great State of Texas has not completely gone blue yet. That may fly in Portland or Seattle and even though Austin maybe Eastern San Francisco, it's still in Texas.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

Foreign news services are reporting that the dead guy was armed and may have pointed his rifle at the car and may fired his rifle prior to being shot. As far as I can see none of the US news sources are making any mention the possibility of him firing first. They mostly claimed that he was pushing his crippled girlfriend around in a wheelchair

Also apparently had a license to carry.
Last edited by ELB on Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USAF 1982-2005

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

So, Antifa terrorist was shot dead after he attempted to murder an armed Texan. More accurate storyline?

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 18

Post by philip964 »

So the assault rifle man fires five times at a car. Misses hitting the driver all five times. On purpose? Just wanting to scare the person in the car assuming he or she was just a scared non antifa citizen? Not realizing he was in Texas?

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

If you listen carefully you can hear the verbal confrontation and the subsequent charging of the vehicle by some protestors.. Then someone tells to the crowd to back off and the first set of shots commences.

My question is was it the deceased who was yelling for people to back up right before he opened fire?

Return to “The Crime Blotter”