Portland out of control- photography can be dangerous.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Portland out of control

Post by chasfm11 »

This isn't a trusted source for me but the article does seem to sum up the history of problems in Portland
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/portla ... cist-past/

I have a friend who grew up near Seattle. He says that the area taken over by CHOP/CHAZ is another notorious place for radicals. People of one persuasion seem to flock together and push out or simply over-rule those who don't agree with them. Personally, if people with the opposite ideas from me take over the government and monopolize control the way that they have in many areas, I'm getting the heck out of Dodge. Nothing good ever comes from single party rule, I don't care how good their ideas start out being. It is interesting to me that the Eastern parts of both Washington and Oregon appear to be the political polar opposites from the Pacific coast but the Eastern population is over-ruled by the volume in the cities
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jusme wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:14 pm On a side note, it seems that no protests have come to San Fransisco. Why is that? Isn’t that Pelosi’s district? Don’t they have issues?
No all of the protests have come where there is a chance that they could flip in the next election. Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Dallas, Austin, Nashville, and Baltimore. Why not San Antonio? New Orleans? El Paso? Ft. Worth? Las Vegas? Miami? Just sayin...
The problem with this theory is that Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Dallas, Austin, Nashville, and Baltimore are ALREADY democrat, and have been for a while now. DITTO San Antonio, New Orleans, Las Vegas, and El Paso. And Ft Worth is trending democrat now too, for all practical matters, albeit more recently. I’m not informed about Miami’s politics, so I can't say. But the unpleasant fact is that there really aren’t any more LARGE cities that aren’t democrat, and there are various reasons for that. Those cities aren’t going to flip. Their residents are so thoroughly soaked in Democrat lies that they are permanently stained. Big cities are only going to continue getting worse until they become thoroughly dystopian. When they do, the leftist masters and race-baiters who encouraged it will simply move and take their ideas elsewhere. Why? Because democrats are missing something.....the why.

They are categorically unable to see the connections between the past and the now, and so they keep repeating the mistakes of the past in vain attempts to create a better future. They are unable to accept that THEIR past actions brought them to where they are today. Why? Because to admit that their past actions were faulty, is to also admit that the ideology which drove them must be faulty too. And to admit that, is to also admit the fallibility of one's own intellect for having been sucked in by a fraud. Admitting it requires a degree of intellectual honesty that the left simply does not possess.

I was once a leftist liberal. When I got older, I was intellectually honest enough to admit that leftism doesn’t work. So I tried conservatism for a while, and gave myself over to it. Intellectual honesty has compelled me to realize that doesn’t work either. You think Texas is conservative? Ask yourself why a "conservative" legislature passed legislation, which was signed into law by a "conservative" governor, that now requires a whole BUNCH of different kinds of professions to have themselves digitally fingerprinted and photographed for facial recognition software, just so that they could renew their licenses (ALSO required by the state) to practice their professions. Why does a CPA or a dental assistant need to be fingerprinted and photographed by the state? And the list is a long one. It’s ridiculous, and this was passed by an allegedly conservative republican government. So the GOP isn't going to save us....not even in "conservative" Texas.

No thanks. I’ll stay independent, and hew to the values of actual liberty. I can’t do anything about the cities, and neither can anybody else. They’re lost. All I or anyone else can do is to prepare for what’s coming, and to get myself away from any city as soon as I am financially able to do so.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grayling813 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:15 am
I was once a leftist liberal. When I got older, I was intellectually honest enough to admit that leftism doesn’t work. So I tried conservatism for a while, and gave myself over to it. Intellectual honesty has compelled me to realize that doesn’t work either. You think Texas is conservative? Ask yourself why a "conservative" legislature passed legislation, which was signed into law by a "conservative" governor, that now requires a whole BUNCH of different kinds of professions to have themselves digitally fingerprinted and photographed for facial recognition software, just so that they could renew their licenses (ALSO required by the state) to practice their professions. Why does a CPA or a dental assistant need to be fingerprinted and photographed by the state? And the list is a long one. It’s ridiculous, and this was passed by an allegedly conservative republican government. So the GOP isn't going to save us....not even in "conservative" Texas.

No thanks. I’ll stay independent, and hew to the values of actual liberty. I can’t do anything about the cities, and neither can anybody else. They’re lost. All I or anyone else can do is to prepare for what’s coming, and to get myself away from any city as soon as I am financially able to do so.
:iagree: Great summation of the issues we face in Texas. Why has our "conservative" governor gone along with the lies and restrictions suggested by the leftist controllers in regards to coronavirus? Why, when faced with the end of the "pandemic" did the governor change his reason for extending his authoritarian state of emergency from pandemic to protests/rioting?

We basically have two factions (D & R) of one UniParty.

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

Jusme wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:14 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:47 pm Let it burn! The voters of Portland brought this on, let'em all and their cesspool city burn!
Unfortunately, just like every other city this is occurring, there are good people who simply got taken over by the left. While they could have stood up to oppose it, it was an insidious takeover by slick talkers who promised more than they could deliver. Don’t forget,(I know I won’t) we are only four governors away from the same left wing thinking. Ann Richards came in claiming to be a 2A supporter, while vetoing, the first bill on CHL. We took back Texas, because of the Luby’s shooting in Kerrville. There were enough “conservative” democrats to sway us Republican.
I think(and this is just my opinion) the left wing lunatics, have overplayed their hand in Washington, and Oregon. Seattle turned out with a support the police rally, but the powers that be voted to defund anyway. I think Portland will be next battleground. There are a lot of people who expect their city leaders to protect them, and when proven wrong will vote accordingly.
On a side note, it seems that no protests have come to San Fransisco. Why is that? Isn’t that Pelosi’s district? Don’t they have issues?
No all of the protests have come where there is a chance that they could flip in the next election. Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Dallas, Austin, Nashville, and Baltimore. Why not San Antonio? New Orleans? El Paso? Ft. Worth? Las Vegas? Miami? Just sayin...
The Luby's shooting was in Killeen.

Right message, wrong location :rules:

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

LeonCarr wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:56 am
Jusme wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:14 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:47 pm Let it burn! The voters of Portland brought this on, let'em all and their cesspool city burn!
Unfortunately, just like every other city this is occurring, there are good people who simply got taken over by the left. While they could have stood up to oppose it, it was an insidious takeover by slick talkers who promised more than they could deliver. Don’t forget,(I know I won’t) we are only four governors away from the same left wing thinking. Ann Richards came in claiming to be a 2A supporter, while vetoing, the first bill on CHL. We took back Texas, because of the Luby’s shooting in Kerrville. There were enough “conservative” democrats to sway us Republican.
I think(and this is just my opinion) the left wing lunatics, have overplayed their hand in Washington, and Oregon. Seattle turned out with a support the police rally, but the powers that be voted to defund anyway. I think Portland will be next battleground. There are a lot of people who expect their city leaders to protect them, and when proven wrong will vote accordingly.
On a side note, it seems that no protests have come to San Fransisco. Why is that? Isn’t that Pelosi’s district? Don’t they have issues?
The Luby's shooting was in Killeen.

Right message, wrong location :rules:

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
You are correct. Must have had a Biden moment.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 22

Post by philip964 »

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... identified

Victim in beating in Portland identified.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Post by parabelum »

Domestic terrorists Antifa, BLM et al should be put down like the scum they are.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Follow the money.
Follow the money.
Follow the money.

Conservative they may claim, but without a state income tax they will make it up in other ways.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/t ... re-n929538

Portland man arrested for setting a brush fire with a molotov cocktail. Released that evening.

Arrested later for starting 6 more fires.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

At first I thought, "Wow they got bacon soup in the Northwest. Wonder why we don't have that here and I wonder how that tastes?"

Then I realized what the soup cans are being used for.. I must be a little slow today.

How much organization does it take to create fake labels to put on cans you plan on throwing?
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://bongino.com/portlands-antifa-ma ... -the-lead/

Antifa candidate polling ahead of current mayor.

Wouldn't that be special if an antifa candidate became the mayor of Portland.

I guess Portland is one of those places where the Republican doesn't even count.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://pamplinmedia.com/pt/9-news/4831 ... protesters

9 out of 10 arrested protestors have had charges dropped in Portland.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:13 pm https://pamplinmedia.com/pt/9-news/4831 ... protesters

9 out of 10 arrested protestors have had charges dropped in Portland.
The criminals are ruling Portland.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/clues-unexploded ... 31745.html

Hey they arrested someone.

Guess his last name?

Return to “The Crime Blotter”