TX: Austin pediatrician murdered by another pediatrician

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

TX: Austin pediatrician murdered by another pediatrician

Post by ELB »

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local ... 43875c9986

This is an odd one. Just yesterday (26 Jan 21) pediatrician Dr. Bharat Narumanchi took several employees of a pediatric practice hostage at gun point, including pediatrician Dr. Katherine Lindley Dodson hostage. He ordered them to tie themselves up, but apparently some escaped and some were let go, except for Dr. Dodson. SWAT tried to negotiate her release for several hours, heard two loud bangs, sent in a robot, and saw via camera both doctors were dead. At the moment it's presumed to be a murder-suicide.

According to several stories Dr. Narumanchi had terminal cancer, with only weeks to live, but applied for a volunteer position at that practice last week, for which he was turned down. No other known association between him and the dead doctor.

Sad and puzzling.
USAF 1982-2005

Paladin

Re: TX: Austin pediatrician murdered by another pediatrician

Post by Paladin »

Very sad indeed. Takes an extra awful scumbag to murder a pediatrician.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Ruark

Re: TX: Austin pediatrician murdered by another pediatrician

Post by Ruark »

Doesn't surprise me at all. My wife is a nurse practitioner with over 30 years of experience, she has worked in ALL KINDS of doctor's offices. Doctors are not the gods some people make them out to be ("see your doctor......"). They are just people like you and me. I've seen some good doctors (and they are a minority), and I've seen many that I wouldn't trust to make a cup of coffee, much less diagnose and treat an illness. Same goes for all the various support staff. Medicine can be a very ugly profession.

I'm sorry that guy got terminal cancer. There, but for the grace of God.... But it goes to show you never know what's really going on "behind the front desk." Sorry for the drama, but for me, this is one of those "don't get me started" topics.
-Ruark

Return to “The Crime Blotter”