Poll: Constitutional Carry for Texas

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Would You Support Full Constitutional Carry?

Yes, I want full Constitutional Carry
76%
No, We need to restrict who is carrying guns in public. Lots of nuts out there.
17%
I'm not sure.
8%

Total votes: 184

Grog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Poll: Constitutional Carry for Texas

Post by Grog »

The state makes money on CHL Taxes and instructor classes (for the instructors-to-be).

They will not want to give that up.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Beiruty »

MrsChemist45 wrote:
Beiruty wrote:I wished that gun safety is taught at school. Starting from Mid school at age of 15.
:iagree: Except - 15? Why wait that long. Basic safety (NRA's Eddie Eagle - Stop, Don't Touch, Leave the area, Tell an adult) can easily be taught in kindergarten. By the time they are 8, or maybe 10, lots of kids are responsible enough to safely fire a gun, given proper education in the matter.
At age 15 I wil ;et my kids shoot pistols and rifles under supervision. Most likely they would be competing too.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Beiruty wrote:
MrsChemist45 wrote:
Beiruty wrote:I wished that gun safety is taught at school. Starting from Mid school at age of 15.
:iagree: Except - 15? Why wait that long. Basic safety (NRA's Eddie Eagle - Stop, Don't Touch, Leave the area, Tell an adult) can easily be taught in kindergarten. By the time they are 8, or maybe 10, lots of kids are responsible enough to safely fire a gun, given proper education in the matter.
At age 15 I wil ;et my kids shoot pistols and rifles under supervision. Most likely they would be competing too.
At 15 I was driving and carrying . . . oops . . . never mind.

Chas.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:At 15 I was driving and carrying . . . oops . . . never mind.

Chas.
Hmmm, driving a buggy and carrying a matchlock?
:leaving
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Dave2
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dave2 »

Crossfire wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:At 15 I was driving and carrying . . . oops . . . never mind.

Chas.
Hmmm, driving a buggy and carrying a matchlock?
:leaving
Driving a bicycle and carrying a backpack full of high school stuff?
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

extremist

Post by extremist »

I just voted YES (of course) on this poll. I can't believe 22 people voted no. And the Not Sure? Wow.

22 People voted no. :eek6

If you are not familiar with this quote, it is a good one and applicable here IMHO:

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."

And this one:

* Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
o I prefer liberty with danger to slavery with security.
o Alt. translation: I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.
o Alt. translation: I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.
o Alt. translation: I prefer dangerous freedeom over peaceful slavery.
o Rafał Leszczyński in the Polish Senate, according to his son, Stanisław Leszczyński (King Stanislas of Poland) in La voix libre du citoyen, ou Observations sur le gouvernement de Pologne (1749), p. 135.

Regards,
James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

LarryH

Post by LarryH »

Beiruty wrote:As for Voting, I assume that one of the duties of public schools is to teach something about the Political System in US, what does mean to vote and how to value the words of the politicians.
There is no requirement to graduate from public school (or any school) to vote, only a minimum age and registration are required. The subjects you mentioned were taught when I attended high school in Minnesota in the sixties. Whether they are taught now, and whether any students are paying attention, I can't answer.

Dave2
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dave2 »

extremist wrote:I just voted YES (of course) on this poll. I can't believe 22 people voted no. And the Not Sure? Wow.
I sorta voted "not sure"... really I just haven't voted yet, because I'm not sure. I figure I'm still pretty new to this and don't really know the ins & outs well enough to make an informed decision.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

LarryH wrote:
Beiruty wrote:As for Voting, I assume that one of the duties of public schools is to teach something about the Political System in US, what does mean to vote and how to value the words of the politicians.
There is no requirement to graduate from public school (or any school) to vote, only a minimum age and registration are required. The subjects you mentioned were taught when I attended high school in Minnesota in the sixties. Whether they are taught now, and whether any students are paying attention, I can't answer.
Students today are too busy learning how to hug-a-tree, vote democratic, global warming, and how to wear a condom to worry about such arcane stuff as civics.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

redlin67

Post by redlin67 »

I voted no, but I want to change it to yes. My home state of Kentucky is an open carry state and the streets are not running red nor are they akin to the "Wild West". Why would it be any different here? If someone wants a gun, there are many ways to get one. It don't matter what laws are enacted.
Taurus PT111
Ruger LCP

5/26/10 Plastic

To see what is right and not to do it is want of courage.
Confucius

shootthesheet
Posts in topic: 3

Post by shootthesheet »

redlin67 wrote:I voted no, but I want to change it to yes. My home state of Kentucky is an open carry state and the streets are not running red nor are they akin to the "Wild West". Why would it be any different here? If someone wants a gun, there are many ways to get one. It don't matter what laws are enacted.
I'm glad you changed your mind and more so that you gave a very good reason.
http://gunrightsradio.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gdanaher
Banned

Post by gdanaher »

Perhaps, but road rage tends to be a temporary thing and can't be anticipated. I'd rather have guys out there who are furious but draw the line because they know the rules and can restrain themselves. I know a bunch of folks who would be quite dangerous in an urban setting. Please don't compare Texas to Alaska unless you want to turn a bunch of bears loose on the neighborhood. Vermont and Alaska tend to lock bad guys up and throw the key away. We have a habit of patting them on the head, reminding them of what a bad wrap they got, and turn them loose.

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

gdanaher wrote:Perhaps, but road rage tends to be a temporary thing and can't be anticipated. I'd rather have guys out there who are furious but draw the line because they know the rules and can restrain themselves. I know a bunch of folks who would be quite dangerous in an urban setting. Please don't compare Texas to Alaska unless you want to turn a bunch of bears loose on the neighborhood. Vermont and Alaska tend to lock bad guys up and throw the key away. We have a habit of patting them on the head, reminding them of what a bad wrap they got, and turn them loose.
Feed the bad guys to the bears. Win-Win! :anamatedbanana
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Topic author
Liberty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Liberty »

gdanaher wrote:Perhaps, but road rage tends to be a temporary thing and can't be anticipated. I'd rather have guys out there who are furious but draw the line because they know the rules and can restrain themselves. I know a bunch of folks who would be quite dangerous in an urban setting. Please don't compare Texas to Alaska unless you want to turn a bunch of bears loose on the neighborhood. Vermont and Alaska tend to lock bad guys up and throw the key away. We have a habit of patting them on the head, reminding them of what a bad wrap they got, and turn them loose.
Pretty much anyone can can carry in their automobiles now, and I haven't noticed any blood in the streets.
I'm wondering how you got the the idea that Texas is softer on criminals than Alaska or Vermont.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

jdhz28

Post by jdhz28 »

In a perfect world everyone should be taught gun safety as a child. Every American required to carry a gun unless they are mentally ill or a criminal. I would go so far as to support officers writing me a ticket if I was found without my gun on my person. Sure, it may be a little tense at first, but everyone would be a lot more polite. "rlol"
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”