What to wear?

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Trinitite
Posts in topic: 2

What to wear?

Post by Trinitite »

1. What's the expected dress code for a committee hearing? Is business casual typical or do most people wear business suits? Does it matter if I'm coming for numerical support (and to fill out position cards) but don't plan to give oral testimony? I know better than to wear BDU pants and a LaRue shirt but how much do I need to dress up? (Assume I live at least an hour from Austin, so I'll be wearing the same clothes for the drive, etc.)

2. Is it better to carry your EDC or should you try to borrow a Rick Perry commemorative LCP for the day? :biggrinjester:

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What to wear?

Post by Beiruty »

Trinitite wrote:1. What's the expected dress code for a committee hearing? Is business casual typical or do most people wear business suits? Does it matter if I'm coming for numerical support (and to fill out position cards) but don't plan to give oral testimony? I know better than to wear BDU pants and a LaRue shirt but how much do I need to dress up? (Assume I live at least an hour from Austin, so I'll be wearing the same clothes for the drive, etc.)

2. Is it better to carry your EDC or should you try to borrow a Rick Perry commemorative LCP for the day? :biggrinjester:
Clutch you BBQ gun, Made in TX, so is the the man-made holster. Better to have the lone star with TX Map logo.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPB »

I don't know, but When I watched the parking lot hearing, lobbyists wore suits and believable guy who was not a paid person had on overalls and boots I think ... Colin Goddard wore a suit, but he''s a paid non-native, Yankee, I mean lobbyist.

I'd go with a shirt which leaves no tattoos showing, dressed casual nice IMHO, basically "comfortable" but that's just me and no one can fire me for how I look any more. :mrgreen:

I"d leave the POTG (Pants On The Ground) pants at home and look "mature" (easy for us gray-headed guys.)
Still not sure I can get there, I'll see, but at least I got my written in, so no one will see me on "TV" and get scared of the old handicapped guy with the gray beard. "rlol"

I think it should be fun with a whole BIG group at the CHL "express lane" and the "representatives from student governments" worried there might be an "invisible gun" in the room looking over at that express lane from the other line. If this hearing lasts hours and hours longer than a typical class, I guess it shows we can handle our stress of listening to wild stories and false fear arguments and still contain our composure and be polite just fine thank you.
:tiphat:

Wishfully thinking, all the fearful group would stay home because they'd be scared some responsible mature adult might be armed and it would be a very short hearing with no opposition...... just dreaming.

Edited to fix typo (typing in the dark I wrote "nut" instead of "but"
Last edited by RPB on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Topic author
Trinitite
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Trinitite »

RPB wrote:I don't know, nut When I watched the parking lot hearing, lobbyists wore suits and believable guy who was not a paid person had on overalls and boots I think ... Colin Goddard wore a suit, but he''s a paid non-native, Yankee, I mean lobbyist.
Plain folks dressed like plain folks. I like it. :thumbs2:

Merci mille fois! :tiphat:

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”