SB 905 passed in Senate

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

gemini
Posts in topic: 4

Re: SB 905 passed in Senate

Post by gemini »

Others may disagree, but, this still reeks to high heaven of "eletist mentality".
and as far as sporting events: most ARE held on campus property, so, how will that work out?

gemini

Post by gemini »

blue wrote:...goose...gander...

---so amend 750 to add the 905 places for us peon's !!!--- AND Amend to EVERY bill here on out!!

gotta be ok if they got it.

(GRRRRRRRRR !!!!!)
totally agree with you Sir.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

---so amend 750 to add the 905 places for us peon's !!!--- AND Amend to EVERY bill here on out!!

(GRRRRRRRRR !!!!!)
Just remember, any pro-gun legislation should not be trounced as long as the final result does not negatively impact one of the rights we have today. If you think about it, if this change gets made, how hard would it be to change the wording to just include all CHL's at a future time?
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Monker10
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Monker10 »

This is a total affront to the good people of this state. Now I am in agreement that elected officials absolutely have the righ to be able to protect themselves just as much as everyone else. And this is not aimed at the senators than voted favorable for both SB 354 and 905. But the total lack of logic of the anti gun senators that cried fowl on SB 354, because they were concerned for the safety of the college aged "children" and staff because the ill trained chl holder might cause an accident or accidentally shoot an innocent bystander in an active shooter situation has flown out the window when they voted for SB 905. Is the average senator more trained than the average chl holder or police officer? Are they more intelligent than everyone else that they alone can handle " high stress situations" . I know this bill is not directed towards campuses but other restricted places. But the sense of elitism that only they should be allowed to carry in those places while the proletariat lacks the capacity to is twisted. Its astounding how their principles seem to do a complete 180 when it comes to their own safety. :mad5 They do not genuinely care about the safetly of people on campus, it's all about the appearance of caring and getting political points. Sorry end of rant. This really struck a nerve!

Monker10

Post by Monker10 »

Keith B wrote:

(GRRRRRRRRR !!!!!)
Just remember, any pro-gun legislation should not be trounced as long as the final result does not negatively impact one of the rights we have today. If you think about it, if this change gets made, how hard would it be to change the wording to just include all CHL's at a future time?
:iagree: Good point! I am not against this bill at all! I just think that it is hypocritical that there are several senators that would do what ever it takes to stop the passage of any gun bill that would further the rights of the citizens, but vote favorable for a pro gun bill that only benefits them. I hope your right that in the future senators with good sense can amend SB 905 to include all chl holders.

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

(GRRRRRRRRR !!!!!)
:iagree:

If they vote for themselves and against me now, it's my duty as an American to return the favor in November.

:patriot: :txflag:
When in doubt
Vote them out!

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 9

Post by RPB »

I'd like to offer an amendment on the third reading to change "Legislators" to "licensees"
and add "Campuses" to "bars"
:mrgreen:

The weight-challenged/size-challenged lady hasn't sung yet
Last edited by RPB on Mon May 09, 2011 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

mgood

Post by mgood »

I don't see this as a bad thing.
Yeah, I hate it when they take care of themeselves and not the peons.
But as Charles said, it "might be useful."
Maybe we can attach a nice amendment to it.
If not, let this thing go and don't yell too loud about your legislators giving themselves extra rights, for now.
When we're getting ready for the 2013 session, hit 'em with it. "Hey, y'all can carry in bars and such and no legislator as gone berserk and shot up the place. What makes you think I will? Maybe we little people would like the right to self defense too, huh?"
It is a small win in the fight to push back those infringements. We get one group of people who can do it, then we can gripe about discrimination or just say that they were the test case and it worked so now it's time to let the rest of us in on it.
Keith B wrote:Just remember, any pro-gun legislation should not be trounced as long as the final result does not negatively impact one of the rights we have today. If you think about it, if this change gets made, how hard would it be to change the wording to just include all CHL's at a future time?
:iagree:
Last edited by mgood on Mon May 09, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blue

Post by blue »

...goose.... gander..

....so change 905 to 'ALL CHLers'......

GRRRRR!!!

It REALLY DO look like they are blocking the good CHL bills and ramming their elite bill thru.

Disgusting Period.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

You know folks, there is one other alternative to get this to apply to you; run for office in the House or Senate and get elected. :leaving

Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RPB wrote:Wentworth should have offered an amendment
Now that there is funny!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

Keith B wrote:You know folks, there is one other alternative to get this to apply to you; run for office in the House or Senate and get elected. :leaving

Why did you have to go and throw cold-water all over us?
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Keith B wrote:You know folks, there is one other alternative to get this to apply to you; run for office in the House or Senate and get elected. :leaving
I already showered once today. Now I feel dirty again. :cool:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

Keith B wrote:You know folks, there is one other alternative to get this to apply to you; run for office in the House or Senate and get elected.
Good idea. Vote against them. Extra points if you vote for yourself!

:thewave

It would be a little different if they passed campus carry and parking lots in March or April and were now getting around to this. However, the calendar committee is blocking HB750 for almost two months now and the senate has been ignoring SB354 for a long time too. After blocking our civil rights for so long, they turncoat and vote this elitist perk for themselves? It's morally repugnant. I know there are some ethical senators but I live in SD6. :ack:
When in doubt
Vote them out!

gemini

Post by gemini »

tacticool wrote:
Keith B wrote:You know folks, there is one other alternative to get this to apply to you; run for office in the House or Senate and get elected.
Good idea. Vote against them. Extra points if you vote for yourself!

:thewave

It would be a little different if they passed campus carry and parking lots in March or April and were now getting around to this. However, the calendar committee is blocking HB750 for almost two months now and the senate has been ignoring SB354 for a long time too. After blocking our civil rights for so long, they turncoat and vote this elitist perk for themselves? It's morally repugnant. I know there are some ethical senators but I live in SD6. :ack:
:iagree: I could stomach SB 905 a lot easier if HB750 and SB354 had sailed through, as they should have.

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”