SB321: Employer parking lots

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 17114
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

SB321: Employer parking lots

#1

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Thu May 26, 2011 4:41 pm

The House just voted to concur with the House/Senate Conference Report on SB321, the employer parking lots Bill. Now the Senate can do so as well.

Chas.
Image


RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 8697
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:17 pm

Re: SB321: Employer parking lots

#2

Post by RPB » Thu May 26, 2011 5:36 pm

Always happens, I leave to eat barbeque, come back to good messages left... I should get out more
-------------------------------------

via Twitter Represebative Isaac

ISAACforTexas Jason Isaac
Parking Lot bill just passed and is in its' way to Gov. #txlege #NRA
1 hour ago
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"


AJ80
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:37 pm

Re: SB321: Employer parking lots

#3

Post by AJ80 » Thu May 26, 2011 5:43 pm

RPB wrote:Always happens, I leave to eat barbeque, come back to good messages left... I should get out more
Why didn't you eat more barbeque while campus carry was being debated?

So does this mean parking lots is definitely going to pass?

User avatar

terryg
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1719
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Alvin, TX

Re: SB321: Employer parking lots

#4

Post by terryg » Thu May 26, 2011 5:59 pm

Yep, looks like its going to Gov. Purdy Hair:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/7583328.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
... this space intentionally left blank ...

User avatar

terryg
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1719
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Alvin, TX

Re: SB321: Employer parking lots

#5

Post by terryg » Thu May 26, 2011 6:00 pm

Just to make 100% sure ...

This will 100% apply to staff at private universities, correct?
... this space intentionally left blank ...


RHenriksen
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:59 pm
Location: Houston

Re: SB321: Employer parking lots

#6

Post by RHenriksen » Thu May 26, 2011 6:03 pm

terryg wrote:Yep, looks like its going to Gov. Purdy Hair:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/7583328.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I dunno... Charles said the Senate needed to OK the conf committee version as well, and the Chronicle article didn't say anything about the Senate blessing it.

I'll take Charles' status on the bill over the media, any day. Will wait with baited breath for the Senate's actions.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

User avatar

Jasonw560
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1294
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:45 pm
Location: Harlingen, TX

Re: SB321: Employer parking lots

#7

Post by Jasonw560 » Thu May 26, 2011 6:09 pm

We went from "forcing" colleges to allow guns in buildings to "forcing" companies to allow guns in parking lots. :banghead:
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry


RHenriksen
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:59 pm
Location: Houston

Re: SB321: Employer parking lots

#8

Post by RHenriksen » Thu May 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Jasonw560 wrote:We went from "forcing" colleges to allow guns in buildings to "forcing" companies to allow guns in parking lots. :banghead:
Well, we wanted both. And range protection. And it looks (knock on wood) like we'll have two out of three.

Hope the 2012 election goes as well as 2010, and the 2013 session should fare better.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs


RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 8697
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:17 pm

Re: SB321: Employer parking lots

#9

Post by RPB » Thu May 26, 2011 6:39 pm

RHenriksen wrote:
Jasonw560 wrote:We went from "forcing" colleges to allow guns in buildings to "forcing" companies to allow guns in parking lots. :banghead:
Well, we wanted both. And range protection. And it looks (knock on wood) like we'll have two out of three.

Hope the 2012 election goes as well as 2010, and the 2013 session should fare better.
and guns in boats (we need to arm the University of Texas rowing team on Lake Austin)

3 out of 4
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 17114
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: SB321: Employer parking lots

#10

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Thu May 26, 2011 7:07 pm

The Senate still as to concur with the conference report. Then it goes to the Governor.

Chas.
Image


RHenriksen
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:59 pm
Location: Houston

Re: SB321: Employer parking lots

#11

Post by RHenriksen » Fri May 27, 2011 11:17 am

321 is listed in the "Status of Bills in Conference Committee", but not 'Regular Order of Business'. Any way of knowing if/when the conf committee version will be voted on by the Senate?

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/Calendar ... spx?Chbr=S" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs


hirundo82
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Houston

Re: SB321: Employer parking lots

#12

Post by hirundo82 » Fri May 27, 2011 11:35 am

RHenriksen wrote:321 is listed in the "Status of Bills in Conference Committee", but not 'Regular Order of Business'.
I doubt they'll actually work much on the ROB today. It's mostly Senate and House bills on second reading, and the deadline for all those bills have passed.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007


RHenriksen
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:59 pm
Location: Houston

Re: SB321: Employer parking lots

#13

Post by RHenriksen » Fri May 27, 2011 11:38 am

hirundo82 wrote:
RHenriksen wrote:321 is listed in the "Status of Bills in Conference Committee", but not 'Regular Order of Business'.
I doubt they'll actually work much on the ROB today. It's mostly Senate and House bills on second reading, and the deadline for all those bills have passed.
So where does a bill that's emerged from conf committee fall in those queues?
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs


hirundo82
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Houston

Re: SB321: Employer parking lots

#14

Post by hirundo82 » Fri May 27, 2011 12:26 pm

RHenriksen wrote:
hirundo82 wrote:
RHenriksen wrote:321 is listed in the "Status of Bills in Conference Committee", but not 'Regular Order of Business'.
I doubt they'll actually work much on the ROB today. It's mostly Senate and House bills on second reading, and the deadline for all those bills have passed.
So where does a bill that's emerged from conf committee fall in those queues?
I don't know, but looking closer I don't think anything on the Senate Regular Order of Business can be heard since anything that didn't pass the third reading in the Senate by Wednesday is dead. That's everything on the ROB.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007


hirundo82
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Houston

Re: SB321: Employer parking lots

#15

Post by hirundo82 » Fri May 27, 2011 6:16 pm

Looks like SB321 is on its way to the governor. I just got the email alert that the Senate approved the conference committee report.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

Locked

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”