TFC Podcast Episodes

Education & Advocacy. Join today, it's free!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 37

Re: TFC Podcast Episodes

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Episode #13 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast has been published. It is available on iTunes, Stitcher and other aggregators. It and the show notes are also available on http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com. Episode #13 was actually available yesterday, but I delayed posting this notice until after Memorial Day.

In this Episode:
  • In The Crosshairs: The 2016 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits a/k/a Convention
    In The News: UPDATE: AG Opinion K-89 regarding the Lavaca-Navidad River Authority’s authority to ban open-carry; NRA Board election and recall petition results;
    Q&A: Listeners are asking about three subjects: 1) the TexasCHLforum.com; 2) how to find out about gun laws in other states when traveling; and 3) how to subscribe to the TFC Podcast so you get notification automatically.
    Today’s Safety Tip: The potential danger of squib loads and how to prevent injury or damage to your gun.
    Your NRA: The Civil Rights Defense Fund – it’s mission, impact and funding.
Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Episode #14 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast has been released. It's available on iTunes at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tex ... 68277?mt=2. It's also available on Stitcher, so be sure to download the Stitcher app.

Episode #14 is also available on the TFC website, along with show notes with links to information provided in the podcast.

In this Episode:
  • In The Crosshairs: Youth Shooting Programs
    In The News: Another lying journalist caught in the act – The downfall of Katie Couric;
    Today’s Safety Tip: Hang-fires;
    Guns & Gear: A Fix for Fuzzy Front Sights.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Episode #14 is not appearing on iTunes for reasons unknown. I've requested that it be reindexed, but that can take 24 hours. Although iTunes states that it can take up to 24 hours for a new podcast to appear, all prior TFC Podcast episodes were available on iTunes within an hour after they were released. Episode #14 is available on Stitcher, so I know the feed is fine.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Episode #14 is not appearing on iTunes for reasons unknown. I've requested that it be reindexed, but that can take 24 hours. Although iTunes states that it can take up to 24 hours for a new podcast to appear, all prior TFC Podcast episodes were available on iTunes within an hour after they were released. Episode #14 is available on Stitcher, so I know the feed is fine.

Chas.
iTunes has been reindexed and Episode #14 is no available.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Episode #15 -

Episode #15 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast has been released. It's available on iTunes at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tex ... 68277?mt=2. It's also available on Stitcher, so be sure to download the Stitcher app.

Episode #15 is also available on the TFC website, along with show notes with links to information provided in the podcast.

In this Episode:

In The Crosshairs: The Peruta Case: A Textbook Example of Dishonest Federal Judges
Q&A: Questions about 1) availability of AR-15 magazines; 2) carrying a round in the chamber of your self-defense handgun; and 3) where you can and cannot carry your handgun.
Today’s Safety Tip: When to put your finger on the trigger.

[The Peruta discussion was almost 1 1/2 hrs. long, so I had to record it again and cut way back on that segment. That was tough!!!]

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

Trying to read the TFC podcast page but the web site does not load. Just hangs and eventually times out.
Tried several other TFC pages from both IE and Firefox with similar (not same) result.
Bill status report page loads only the background color and header frame.

:headscratch
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Able to connect to that linked podcast page now... :headscratch
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Episode #16 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast has been released. It's available on iTunes at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tex ... 68277?mt=2. It's also available on Stitcher, so be sure to download the Stitcher app.

Episode #16 is also available on the TFC website, along with show notes with links to information provided in the podcast.

In this Episode:
  • In The Crosshairs: Time to close human hunting grounds
    In The News:
    • 1) The U.S. Senate kills four gun-related bills;
      2) Democrats once again prove to be excellent firearms sales agents;
      3) the FBI releases the allegedly unedited transcript of the 911 call made by the mass-murderer in Orlando.
    Your NRA: The NRA response to the Orlando murders;.
    The Real Story: The Four Gun-Related Bills Killed in the Senate
    Guns & Gear: Comp-Tac Holsters and Other Gear

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

I just published the second Texas Firearms Coalition Shot-Shot. It is titled I Am a Baptist and I Am Voting for Trump" This one was published solely because two well-known Baptists stepped from the pulpit into the political arena and are calling for Baptists and other evangelicals not to vote in the 2016 Presidential election. The fact that I am including a link here on the Forum is not an invitation to debate theological issues in violation of our rules, so don't start!

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Episode #17 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast has been released. It's available on iTunes at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tex ... 68277?mt=2. It's also available on Stitcher, so be sure to download the Stitcher app.

Episode #17 is also available on the TFC website, along with show notes with links to information provided in the podcast.

In this Episode:
  • In The Crosshairs:The Cultural War on American Freedom
    In The News: Waller County DA sues citizen for following the law; 2) Media and Democrats falsely claim Trump encouraged an assassination attempt on Hillary Clinton; 3) more Clinton emails released by WikiLeaks; 4) KP-101 re 30.06 signs on government property used by private entities.
    Guns & Gear: SIG P238 - the miniscule .380ACP
    Q&A: 1) Where have you been[?]; 2) what are the chances Heller will be overturned[?]; 3) when will more seminars be offered?
In this episode I will be discussing the massive attack on traditional American values by well-funded factions.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Episode #17 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast has been released. It's available on iTunes at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tex ... 68277?mt=2. It's also available on Stitcher, so be sure to download the Stitcher app.

Episode #17 is also available on the TFC website, along with show notes with links to information provided in the podcast.

In this Episode:
    In The News: Waller County DA sues citizen for following the law; 2) Media and Democrats falsely claim Trump encouraged an assassination attempt on Hillary Clinton; 3) more Clinton emails released by WikiLeaks; 4) KP-101 re 30.06 signs on government property used by private entities.
    Q&A: 1) Where have you been[?]; 2) what are the chances Heller will be overturned[?]; 3) when will more seminars be offered?
In this episode I will be discussing the massive attack on traditional American values by well-funded factions.
I have been waiting for a new episode for what seems like forever! Thankyou Charles for doing these!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

aero10
Posts in topic: 1

Post by aero10 »

Flightmare wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Episode #17 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast has been released. It's available on iTunes at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tex ... 68277?mt=2. It's also available on Stitcher, so be sure to download the Stitcher app.

In this Episode:
I have been waiting for a new episode for what seems like forever! Thankyou Charles for doing these!
:iagree:

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TexasCajun »

Just finished listening to the latest episode. (Again) well done!
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

DanD
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DanD »

I spent this afternoon listening to podcasts 7, 15, 16, and 17. Very good information and the audio quality is exceptional. I really enjoyed podcast #7 about reloading. Thank you Charles for producing the podcasts. I don't know why I had not listened to them sooner.
Given a 50/50 chance, you will pick wrong 80% of the time. NRA Life Member, IDPA

Return to “Texas Firearms Coalition”