An event to draw attention to the value of self-defense handguns

Education & Advocacy. Join today, it's free!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Poll regarding an event to promote repeal of "gun free zones."

I'm in for everything, organizing, promoting and attending;
24%
I can help organize the event;
4%
I can help promote the event;
33%
I will attend, but I cannot help organize or promote.
38%

Total votes: 78

LTCTLB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: An event to draw attention to the value of self-defense handguns

Post by LTCTLB »

I will help promote and attend if possible depending on location.
LTC training: 1/30/16; Application (online): 5/10; Fingerprints: 5/11; CHL100 submitted (online): 5/11; All docs received email from RSD: 5/12; Status change: 6/11; Plastic in hand: 6/13/16

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Thanks folks. I'm just trying to gauge interest at this point. If it looks like something we could put together, then we'll get down to actual planning of the date and locations. I would like to have it happen in several cities around the State.

Chas.

brokedown48

Post by brokedown48 »

I would be more than happy to help with anything that needs to be done
NRA
TSRA
C&R

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

I will help promote with my podcast, but because I am located halfway between Lubbock and Midland/Odessa I can help organize the event for one or the other (alternatively I can help co-ordinate organizing efforts between the two). And I will help out however I can where Charles wants/needs me.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Vol Texan »

I think this is a great idea, and I'd love to attend.

Due to my unpredictable travel schedule, I'd likely be setting everyone involved up for a disappointment if I offered to help promote or organize such an event. It's not that I wouldn't want to be a part of it (because I would!), but my work pulls me out of the country, sometimes with under a week's notice, all too often.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

FastCarry

Post by FastCarry »

Vol Texan wrote:I think this is a great idea, and I'd love to attend.

Due to my unpredictable travel schedule, I'd likely be setting everyone involved up for a disappointment if I offered to help promote or organize such an event. It's not that I wouldn't want to be a part of it (because I would!), but my work pulls me out of the country, sometimes with under a week's notice, all too often.
Seal Team 6?

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

FastCarry wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:I think this is a great idea, and I'd love to attend.

Seal Team 6?
Nope, nothing so exciting as that. But I do get to travel to some pretty sketchy places all to often: Nigeria, Bangladesh, Oman, Kazakhstan...California.

It's that last one that drives me batty.

Perhaps instead of Seal Team 6, I'm part of Seal Team e^(π*i) + 1. I do a lot of statistical analysis while I'm away.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Nice. Mutual interests, unless they are mutual anti-interests, always bring out the best in people. The chance to breathe the sweet air of freedom in the company of fellow travelers is always a treat.

But, I have to admit, I did my part for the Gun Violence day. Not wanting to chance a gun committing violence, I kept one of mine under close supervision all day and it worked. Not a hint of violence out of it and with my help it negotiated streets and shops with more than merely a polite and peaceful demeanor, it was part of American tradition since before the country existed.

It worked so well,in fact, I think I'll keep a handgun under close personal supervision every day. :biggrinjester:

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Vol Texan wrote: Perhaps instead of Seal Team 6, I'm part of Seal Team e^(π*i) + 1.
I read this and I'm just like
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

treadlightly wrote:Nice. Mutual interests, unless they are mutual anti-interests, always bring out the best in people. The chance to breathe the sweet air of freedom in the company of fellow travelers is always a treat.

But, I have to admit, I did my part for the Gun Violence day. Not wanting to chance a gun committing violence, I kept one of mine under close supervision all day and it worked. Not a hint of violence out of it and with my help it negotiated streets and shops with more than merely a polite and peaceful demeanor, it was part of American tradition since before the country existed.

It worked so well,in fact, I think I'll keep a handgun under close personal supervision every day. :biggrinjester:

Yeah you really have to watch those things, you never know when they may strike out on their own to commit violence. I have the same philosophy with mine, I keep it real close so I can be ready at the first sign of it committing violence. So far it has worked, and I can say that it has not committed one violent act since I started my supervisory program.

:smilelol5:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Wear orange shirts on June 2nd that say "Licensed Gun Supervisor"! :biggrinjester:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Vol Texan wrote: I'm part of Seal Team e^(π*i) + 1.
euler? :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

RoyGBiv wrote:
Vol Texan wrote: I'm part of Seal Team e^(π*i) + 1.
euler? :lol:
Yep. That makes it Seal Team Zero.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler's_identity

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/06/ ... tcmp=hpbt4

This right here, is something I have been sending to friends/family. Telling them this is what they need to send to their friends/family who think civilians should not own/carry firearms.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Flightmare wrote:Wear orange shirts on June 2nd that say "Licensed Gun Supervisor"! :biggrinjester:
How about, "Texans against criminal violence." instead?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Texas Firearms Coalition”