WTS-AR15 Colt AR6721 Package (no ammo)(SOLD)

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
mcscanner
Posts in topic: 3

WTS-AR15 Colt AR6721 Package (no ammo)(SOLD)

Post by mcscanner »

As you will see more than just the rifle, but a package of all items related. Down sizing to a PCC already purchased so the AR15 and all related items will be used to fund the replacement.

One picture (not showing) as best I could the bayonet lug and how poorly it was machined. I didn't notice until a year after purchasing when I tried to install a short rail on the lug. Only negative material condition about this rifle. I believe with some file work it can be corrected to usable condition.

The inventory list has all the items for this posting. Prices with dates are actual paid with receipt or price I found online without dates. None represent asking price. Total is not the asking price. Picture of rifle on it's box is current configuration. All the 'bling' was removed and returned to its original box/bag and is part of the inventory and in the accessory box picture (not showing).

I would like to sell as a complete package and not break it up unless I have too. FTF at a public location anywhere in the DFW Metroplex with ID information exchange and cash.

Now asking $1600 (4/5/2021 - No Ammo)

Now asking $2400 (3/31/2021)

Asking $2900

Only could post three pictures so three other pictures are missing, as noted above.

In closing, for any questions please ask. I have know idea if this will see any interest, but worth trying.
Mike Crain
Attachments
AR15 Inventory v2.pdf
(82.83 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Rifle-Box.jpeg
End-Flap.jpeg
Last edited by mcscanner on Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Topic author
mcscanner

Re: WTS-AR15 Colt AR6721 Package

Post by mcscanner »

Removed the ammo picture and will be selling it in another thread.

Adding the two pictures missing in the first post and a price DROP.

Seems like not the best time to sell this type of rifle and having said that, it is cleaned and ready to move on to the next person. If you are already an AR15 person much of what is included you likely already have. Otherwise I think a complete package for the 1st time AR15 person.

Now asking $1600

Thanks to all that have taken a look. Hoping you come back again.
Attachments
Bayonet Lug.jpeg
AccessoryBox.jpeg
Last edited by mcscanner on Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: WTS-AR15 Colt AR6721 Package (reduced $)

Post by howdy »

Trying to help out here. The Metrolight Tru-Dot sells for $400 on Amazon. The VMX-3T sells for $200 on Amazon. It looks like 1000+- rounds on 223/556 so that is around $700 at todays prices. Mags are $12/ea so $120 more. He has $1400/1500 in equipment and ammo so the Colt rifle is only $900. I am not in the market but the price seems very fair. (I don't know the author)
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

howdy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:50 am Trying to help out here. The Metrolight Tru-Dot sells for $400 on Amazon. The VMX-3T sells for $200 on Amazon. It looks like 1000+- rounds on 223/556 so that is around $700 at todays prices. Mags are $12/ea so $120 more. He has $1400/1500 in equipment and ammo so the Colt rifle is only $900. I am not in the market but the price seems very fair. (I don't know the author)
I was going to say the same thing. The price seems fair given the ammo included, especially.

To the OP, now is a perfect time to sell this rifle, from a business perspective, especially since you are also including ammo. Now if you think you ever might want an AR in the future then now is probably a terrible time to sell, at least from a personal perspective.

Also, you might want to list the ammo separately from the gun + accessories. The ammo should be really easy to sell on a stand-alone basis.

madwildcat
Posts in topic: 1

Post by madwildcat »

I would agree with Soccerdad1995. I think if you break out the ammo you will have more luck. There are many here and other places who don't need ammo and wouldn't buy it at current prices, so they value it differently, while there are some that would buy it in a second but don't need the rifle. I think if you break it up you may have more luck. Its not a bad deal for a starter, there just may not be that many starters on here :mrgreen:

Topic author
mcscanner

Post by mcscanner »

I much appreciate the support in this thread. Now that Easter has passed I've got some more time on my hands. I'll be updating the post in this thread and remove the ammo. I'll be posting the ammo in a different thread.

Again, thanks to all that have looked and hope you come back to take another look.

Post that sold my Springfield M1A
viewtopic.php?f=114&t=78379

Happy customer (buyer) of that M1A
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=79088

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Re: WTS-AR15 Colt AR6721 Package (no ammo)

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Also, I'd recommend that you at least think about posting on Texas Gun Trader. Yes, there are some flakes there, but I've never had an issue with anyone I've actually done business with. Just don't agree to meet 30 minutes away, since for some reason there are people who like to sound really enthusiastic and then don't ever show up.

The ammo in particular might be easier to sell there. I think most here have enough ammo that they are unwilling to pay current market prices.

Return to “Closed Items”