WTB: 22LR pistol for wife, daughter

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
shooter_tx
Posts in topic: 4

WTB: 22LR pistol for wife, daughter

Post by shooter_tx »

I'm looking for a good 22LR pistol to entice my wife out to the range, and to eventually train my daughter (and later, my son) on. Here's the list of contenders:
  • • Walther P22
    • Browning Buck Mark
    • Sig/Hammerli Trailside
    • Any other reasonably-priced 22LR pistol [edited]in the same or similar class/mold[/edited] that someone happens to want to part with. I won't "kick it out of bed for eating crackers" if the right gun comes along but wasn't on the list.
And before anyone mentions it, I know that the P22 is not in the same league as the Browning and the SIG..... but my wife likes it. :o

If it'll get her to shoot, I say it deserves mention. :lol:

I'm familiar with all of the woes of L-series P22s, so if it's a P22 I'll be looking for an N-series or somesuch (actually, I wouldn't even pass up a reasonably-priced L-series if the barrel code was right).

Regardless, if anyone has anything to sell, or any other ideas/suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thanks.
Last edited by shooter_tx on Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual...as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." - [Former] TX State Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (R)

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flintknapper »

Don't forget "Ruger", they make several different models of .22 pistols.

My favorite is the 22/45, but all of them shoot well....and last a long time.

Just something to think about.

Spartans ask not how many, but where!

texasag93
Posts in topic: 1

+1

Post by texasag93 »

+1 on the MarkII

I just bought mine from this forum and love it.

Hard to clean but cheap to shoot.

texasag
texasag93

killerquad

Post by killerquad »

Sig is having a huge sale on their Mosquito models right now. I bought mine from an FFL member on this forum.....If you would like more info send me a PM.
"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

+1 on the 22/45... they are our training pistols, too.
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

Topic author
shooter_tx

Post by shooter_tx »

I'm *definitely* open to the Rugers (especially the 22/45).

As far as the SIG goes (I love SIGs), I'd rather have the Trailside than the Mosquito.

Not a knock on the skeeter, so much as a hat-tip to the Trailside.

Thanks for the input, guys.

ETA: flintknapper, I'm assuming those Rugers are yours and they're for sale, right?

Lemme guess, you were just about to tell me "$100 OBO," weren't you? :lol:
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual...as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." - [Former] TX State Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (R)

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flintknapper »

shooter_tx wrote:
ETA: flintknapper, I'm assuming those Rugers are yours and they're for sale, right?

Yes and No. :grin:

Yes: They are mine.

No: Not for sale.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

westernamerican

Post by westernamerican »

Topic author
shooter_tx

Post by shooter_tx »

It's honestly too "PPK-ish" for what I'm wanting to use it for.

I'm just looking for something a little more "target-ish" or "plinker-y" to get the wife interested.

ETA: Just went back and re-read my original post, and have edited it accordingly.

westernamerican

Post by westernamerican »

Good Luck in finding your little more "target-ish" or "plinker-y" whatever that is!

Topic author
shooter_tx

Post by shooter_tx »

I was just talking to the wife and a colleague (also female), so the pansy descriptive nomenclature kind of just rubbed off. :oops:

lawrnk

Post by lawrnk »

I'm with them, go with the ruger. I have a MK3 Hunter and love it.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

44and45

Re: WTB: 22LR pistol for wife, daughter

Post by 44and45 »

How about this blue and matte beauty, the High Standard Sports King .22 LR with six inch barrel.

Has three magazines worth about $30 apiece, two leather holsters worth $60, and the barrel is removable for cleaning or exchange with a four inch one if you can find it.

It is an extremely accurate fast shooting, great for running targets like bunnies or squirrels.

Most impressive is the trigger adjustment screw under the left grip panel...it really works.

Firm $435.00 shipped to your FFL location...shipped by Fedex.

Have pictures if seriously interested.

Jim

Return to “Closed Items”