Little Glocks

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Milorider
Posts in topic: 3

Little Glocks

Post by Milorider »

I have a question on ammo.
I own a 26 myself, I'm very satisfied with it too! I was thinking about ordering a box of cor-bon ammo, for when I'm carrying. I noticed 3 differnt grains, could some of you tell me what would be the best for personal protection?? Thanks in advance for your help.

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kalrog »

A grain is simply a measurement of weight. Specifically 1 grain = 1/7000 of a pound. And my opinion is that as long as you pick a round that is 100% reliable in your handgun and shoots accurately and to POA and is a top quality hollow point bullet, then you are good to go. For some applications, a 115gr +P+ round is the way to go. For others, a 147gr standard pressure round is the way to go. Pick what you can shoot quickly and accurately and you will be good.

Oh, and the bullets I like for 9mm SD rounds are the Gold Dot, Golden Saber and Ranger T. There are other good ones, but those are the 3 that I can always get and trust.

Topic author
Milorider

Post by Milorider »

Thanks for the heads up.
Do you got website for Gold Dot? Have heard good things about that ammo as well.

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

http://www.streichers.com for gold dots. Even if it says "ships in 2-4" weeks, odds are you'll have it in your hand in a week or less. And it's 50 round boxes, not those panzy 20 round boxes ;-)

Topic author
Milorider

Post by Milorider »

Thanks!

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

another +1 for the Gold Dots. totally reliable & if you get low they are readily available at any gunshop.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “Closed Items”