WTB for a deployed Marines wife...My Nephew...

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 3

WTB for a deployed Marines wife...My Nephew...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Ok, long story short...Nephew deploys in mid May for a short month and a half...They have a cute little house in a cute little nieghborhood which has its fair share of vaigrants and other miscreants running around ar all hours of the day...They just moved in and do not have any established relationships with their nieghbors just yet...

They live in California, near 29 "Stumps"...

What we are looking for for her (mainly) is a handgun of sufficient capability for her (she is a fairly petite young lady), she is very tenacious, was going to go into the Marine Corp herself, but she married one instead...hehehe

They have about $400-$500 to spend...

I would give them something I have,but my stuff is a little on the "guy" size and power which may not afford her an ability to want to learn to shoot it, much less use it...IF the need occurs...

I have about two weeks (10 days) to work a deal, and I'll check back in here often to see of someone has something along the lines of a Glock 9mm or similar handgun to work a deal...

I just got the call (from them) a little while ago, and he told me what his intentions are...So I informed him I would put out some feelers, and see what happens...

Thanks...

Steve
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

cheezit
Posts in topic: 1

Re: WTB for a deployed Marines wife...My Nephew...

Post by cheezit »

if oyur looking for anything over 10rds to send into Cali your out of luck and its a felony to do so. also anything brought in the state must be on the approved list
Its in San Bernardino co though, she may have luck getting a chl there IIRC there were a few co that were issue areas for the most parts.

Shinesintx

Post by Shinesintx »

Buy the CW9. Brand new for 420. Carlson is good folk...and his for sale thread is on the first page.

FYI. It needs to be lubed and racked 500 times before I'd let the young bride shoot it. After that, it's a sweet gun.

BNIB Kahr CW9 - DFW
by carlson1 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:35 pm

BNIB Kahr CW9 $420.00 FTF in DFW.

Email: pastor at fbcirving dot com

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Medium to large frame .357 and load .38

Few speed loaders spread around the house in places that can be moved to if needed.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

poppo

Post by poppo »

As already noted, any gun needs to be on the approved list. You can check here. They are very model specific.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/safeguns_resp.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
USMC Retired - DAV Life Member - VFW Life Member - NRA Life Member

bci21984
Banned

Post by bci21984 »

Home defense = 12ga with 00 buck and if she needs it low recoil 00 buck.
THE 2ND AMENDMENT: They didnt use the freedom of speech to defeat the british, They SHOT them.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Shinesintx wrote:Buy the CW9. Brand new for 420. Carlson is good folk...and his for sale thread is on the first page.

FYI. It needs to be lubed and racked 500 times before I'd let the young bride shoot it. After that, it's a sweet gun.

BNIB Kahr CW9 - DFW
by carlson1 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:35 pm

BNIB Kahr CW9 $420.00 FTF in DFW.

Email: pastor at fbcirving dot com
Thank You Shinesintx :tiphat: Mine is SPF
Bump For Steve.
Home defense = 12ga with 00 buck and if she needs it low recoil 00 buck.
I believe a 12ga would be a little much for someone who is fairly petite young lady.

I think a 20ga would be much better solution than a 12ga if you are going with a shotgun.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

+1 for either the CW9 (my wife's EDC) or a midsize .357 loaded with +P .38 Special. Shotguns are great, by my same wife who has no trouble shooting her CW9 also has some difficulty shooting her 20 gauge over/under shotty.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

poppo wrote:As already noted, any gun needs to be on the approved list. You can check here. They are very model specific.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/safeguns_resp.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yep...I'm finding more and more about how bad California laws are everyday I look deeper into this...

I pretty much had the gist on the magazine capacity issue, and the transportation when crossing state lines...I never had a problem myself with those two aspects that affected me and my Dad when we traveled to Cali for his graduation from MCRD...

Since he (Nephew) is stationed there, and his home [abbreviated profanity deleted] record is still Texas...I still ahve a concern, and have had legal advice to advise him to register those weapons, even though he doesn't technically "permanently" reside in that state, to go ahead and get them on the states "list" (as much as I hate that idea)...

The bottom line is that his wife has already uprooted once in his career, when he made his first deployment to Afghanistan, she came home to Texas...

To me there is NO reason for her and the expense to do that again for just a month and a half...She is also getting a job at the "Exchange" on base, and she needs to be in the AMrine Corps support system as far as how she interacts with the other wives and spouses in that organization...

For her to be comfortable, she is hip to the idea of arming herself, while in her home...And I take this task to heart, and very seriously...And I want to do what I can to support this, and make it a non-issue...

And when I stated a "WTB", it was intended to find someone within the ranks here to work a deal from someone who maybe has somethign extra they can do without, for a good cause...and we can do the deal through many FFL's we have in our ranks here as well...That is my intent...

Standing by...

Regards...

Steve
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Ohhhhh, just edumacated muhself on that Kahr CW9...Not too schabby...Price is about right too, retail...

BTW, that link to the Cali "approved" safe guns (ackkkkkk) list is broken...I'm sure there are provisions for the utilization of the old "flintlock" pistols in there somewhere...Sure don't want to upset their "breakfast cereal state" sensibilities... :roll:

Again, if anyone has an extra firearm that you think she can handle, and its legal in Cali for them to have in their home for lawful self-defensive purposes, then we are still in the market to buy one, and do the deal through a FFL dealer here...

Thanks...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “Closed Items”