Wanting Project Gun

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
JLaw
Posts in topic: 1

Wanting Project Gun

Post by JLaw »

I'm looking around for either an old .30-.30 lever action rifle/carbine or a single shot 12 or 20 guage shotgun for a project. I want one to strip down and refininsh, so no mint condition guns please.

What I'm looking for is fairly descent to good mechanical shape, cosmetics of less concern. (Although nothing that is completely rusted to the point of being a paperweight) Don't have much to spend, so the cheaper the better. If you've got something in the attic, back of the closet, or bottom of the gun cabinet you wouldn't mind getting rid of, let me know.

I'm not sure exactly how beat up I'm wanting to purchase, so I reserve the right to be pickey!! :wink:

I live in the Woodlands, would prefer FTF cash transactions.

Please post pics and asking price or PM me. Payday is Thursday!!!

JLaw

gigag04
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gigag04 »

I have a single shot 20 guage that a friend of the family gave me. He bought it new a while ago and was going to "camo paint" it for me.

He got it as far as primer gray. I think its a New England arms. It sits in my closet and doesnt do anything. When I was growing up I used to blast dove with it.

A good stripping of the paint would probably reveal a decent looking piece. I've thought about doing something to make it look like a normal gun, but dont have the time with school.

I would take it FTF for $60.

-nick
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Return to “Closed Items”