WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 10236
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

#1

Post by carlson1 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:24 am

It all factory BCM with a 14.5” YHM QD welded barrel. I will let it come with everything in the photos. The flip up sights are Troy iron sights with the front strip having the XS Tritium front sight. The tactical light is Surefire. It has the Eotech (I have the original box) which I believe is 518. The charging handle is the BCM large handle. The rifle has less than 300 rounds down range. It is set to go. $1,550.00 FTF. No trades. I am in south Irving. If interested please email: pastor at fbcirving dot com
54CB32E2-3B8C-4C30-A803-AC60E389A850.jpeg
596E8CB1-2A41-4FD2-8D87-B1F2305844A8.jpeg
4FA1E882-DD69-4CAB-9808-5C52B5462B5D.jpeg
Image

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 9207
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

#2

Post by Beiruty » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:54 am

Nice rifle!
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

User avatar

Topic author
carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 10236
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

#3

Post by carlson1 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:25 pm

Beiruty wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:54 am
Nice rifle!
:tiphat:
Image

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 25255
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

#4

Post by The Annoyed Man » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:27 am

Whoever buys this rifle, is buying an heirloom quality AR. I have complete BCM barreled uppers on three rifles - a 20” A4, and SBRs in 10.5” (.300 Blk) and 11.5” (5.56 NATO), and their quality simply can’t be beat. Both have cold hammer-forged barrels with chrome lined chambers and bores, and are made of steels equal to or exceeding mil-spec that have been properly proof tested. And that KMR handguard on his carbine is the bomb. I have KMRs on both of my SBR uppers, and about to put one on my 16” upper. BCM’s products are simply top notch, and you can’t go wrong with them.

The particular carbine for sale here does not have a CHM barrel, but it hardly matters. Here’s BCM’s own descriptions of their barrel:
Every BCM® barrel uses the same Independently Certified Mil-Spec 11595E Barrel Steel (CMV) used in the USGI M16 family of rifles. Built to perform in extreme environments, BCM® barrels are stronger and more durable than typical commercial barrels, thanks to high concentrations of carbon and/or vanadium in the alloy.

BCM® barrels also undergo a M197 HPT (High-Pressure Test), commonly referred to as a proof load, rating each barrel for 70,000 psi. This hardening is followed by a MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspection) to detect any possible flaws in the barrels surface, with both circular and longitudinal magnetic fields per ASTME1444-01 in the current Military-Specification.
In case you didn’t know, maximum allowable pressure for the 5.56 NATO round is 62,366 psi, and these barrels exceed that by nearly 8,000 psi. Your gun is not going to blow up.

Both my 20” and 10.5” barrels are real sweet shooters, and I’m sure that my new 11.5” will be the same. In fact, the 20” A4 rifle is an absolute tack driver.

I thought I would throw this out there for Calrson’s benefit, to help motivate buyers. BCM is a “high end” product, and I just can’t say enough good about them.

Oh, and BTW, I have tritium powered Troy flip up sights, and they are awesome.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 9207
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

#5

Post by Beiruty » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:37 am

I would be interested, however, too many bills to pay for now. Good luck for the new buyer.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member


SigM4
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 696
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:14 am
Location: Willow Park

Re: WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

#6

Post by SigM4 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:48 am

Sent you an email.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

User avatar

Topic author
carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 10236
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

#7

Post by carlson1 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:17 am

Email answered and still for sale.
Image

User avatar

Topic author
carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 10236
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

#8

Post by carlson1 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:17 am

Email answered and still for sale.
Image


montgomery
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 8:13 am
Location: Montgomery, Texas

Re: WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

#9

Post by montgomery » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:41 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:27 am
Whoever buys this rifle, is buying an heirloom quality AR. I have complete BCM barreled uppers on three rifles - a 20” A4, and SBRs in 10.5” (.300 Blk) and 11.5” (5.56 NATO), and their quality simply can’t be beat. Both have cold hammer-forged barrels with chrome lined chambers and bores, and are made of steels equal to or exceeding mil-spec that have been properly proof tested. And that KMR handguard on his carbine is the bomb. I have KMRs on both of my SBR uppers, and about to put one on my 16” upper. BCM’s products are simply top notch, and you can’t go wrong with them.

The particular carbine for sale here does not have a CHM barrel, but it hardly matters. Here’s BCM’s own descriptions of their barrel:
Every BCM® barrel uses the same Independently Certified Mil-Spec 11595E Barrel Steel (CMV) used in the USGI M16 family of rifles. Built to perform in extreme environments, BCM® barrels are stronger and more durable than typical commercial barrels, thanks to high concentrations of carbon and/or vanadium in the alloy.

BCM® barrels also undergo a M197 HPT (High-Pressure Test), commonly referred to as a proof load, rating each barrel for 70,000 psi. This hardening is followed by a MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspection) to detect any possible flaws in the barrels surface, with both circular and longitudinal magnetic fields per ASTME1444-01 in the current Military-Specification.
In case you didn’t know, maximum allowable pressure for the 5.56 NATO round is 62,366 psi, and these barrels exceed that by nearly 8,000 psi. Your gun is not going to blow up.

Both my 20” and 10.5” barrels are real sweet shooters, and I’m sure that my new 11.5” will be the same. In fact, the 20” A4 rifle is an absolute tack driver.

I thought I would throw this out there for Calrson’s benefit, to help motivate buyers. BCM is a “high end” product, and I just can’t say enough good about them.

Oh, and BTW, I have tritium powered Troy flip up sights, and they are awesome.
:iagree: After much deliberation, I recently purchased the BCM EAG model - and my sentiments are the same here: I bought this fighting carbine to last for the next three generations.

Interesting info - the Filthy 14 now has over 65,000 rounds through it: http://www.slip2000.com/blog/s-w-a-t-ma ... filthy-14/

RIP Pat Rogers and God Bless BCM

User avatar

Grumpy1993
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

#10

Post by Grumpy1993 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:23 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:27 am
The particular carbine for sale here does not have a CHM barrel, but it hardly matters. Here’s BCM’s own descriptions of their barrel:
Every BCM® barrel uses the same Independently Certified Mil-Spec 11595E Barrel Steel (CMV) used in the USGI M16 family of rifles. Built to perform in extreme environments, BCM® barrels are stronger and more durable than typical commercial barrels, thanks to high concentrations of carbon and/or vanadium in the alloy.

BCM® barrels also undergo a M197 HPT (High-Pressure Test), commonly referred to as a proof load, rating each barrel for 70,000 psi. This hardening is followed by a MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspection) to detect any possible flaws in the barrels surface, with both circular and longitudinal magnetic fields per ASTME1444-01 in the current Military-Specification.
Does the gun for sale here have a Bravo Company (BCM) barrel or a Yankee Hill (YHM) barrel?
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died


cmgee67
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:45 pm

Re: WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

#11

Post by cmgee67 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:11 pm

100% solid rifle. Great deal too with all included. Someone needs to get this gun and it will be the Last AR you need.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 25255
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

#12

Post by The Annoyed Man » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:37 pm

Grumpy1993 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:23 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:27 am
The particular carbine for sale here does not have a CHM barrel, but it hardly matters. Here’s BCM’s own descriptions of their barrel:
Every BCM® barrel uses the same Independently Certified Mil-Spec 11595E Barrel Steel (CMV) used in the USGI M16 family of rifles. Built to perform in extreme environments, BCM® barrels are stronger and more durable than typical commercial barrels, thanks to high concentrations of carbon and/or vanadium in the alloy.

BCM® barrels also undergo a M197 HPT (High-Pressure Test), commonly referred to as a proof load, rating each barrel for 70,000 psi. This hardening is followed by a MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspection) to detect any possible flaws in the barrels surface, with both circular and longitudinal magnetic fields per ASTME1444-01 in the current Military-Specification.
Does the gun for sale here have a Bravo Company (BCM) barrel or a Yankee Hill (YHM) barrel?
An “all factory BCM” would have a BCM barrel. To the best of my knowledge, BCM does not use YHM barrels in their rifles. BCM makes their own. But this one has a 14.5” barrel with a YHM muzzle device welded to it to bring it to the required 16” minimum length. BCM does not, or at least, didn’t used to, sell their rifles direct to the public. The provide a list of distributors on their website, and YHM is one of them. So in all likelihood, this rifle was ordered wholesale from BCM by YHM, without a muzzle device on the barrel. Then YHM welded on one of their quick disconnect flashhider/muzzle brakes, for mounting a suppressor.

If I had to guess, I’d say that the rifle being sold here is this one: http://shop.bravocompanymfg.com/BCM-REC ... 80-790.htm. MSRP is $1500 with a standard A2 birdcage flashhider, but the one for sale here includes the upgraded muzzle device, the EOTech optic (about $450 new), and the Troy BUIS (at least a $200 value by themselves). An A2 flashhider isn’t worth more than about $8, but the YHM suppressor mount/flashhider on this barrel sells for around $90, plus $14 for the thread protector. So, the total value for the full package would come to $2045 or so. Carlson1’s asking price of $1550 is MORE than fair.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.


montgomery
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 8:13 am
Location: Montgomery, Texas

Re: WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

#13

Post by montgomery » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:41 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:37 pm
Grumpy1993 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:23 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:27 am
The particular carbine for sale here does not have a CHM barrel, but it hardly matters. Here’s BCM’s own descriptions of their barrel:
Every BCM® barrel uses the same Independently Certified Mil-Spec 11595E Barrel Steel (CMV) used in the USGI M16 family of rifles. Built to perform in extreme environments, BCM® barrels are stronger and more durable than typical commercial barrels, thanks to high concentrations of carbon and/or vanadium in the alloy.

BCM® barrels also undergo a M197 HPT (High-Pressure Test), commonly referred to as a proof load, rating each barrel for 70,000 psi. This hardening is followed by a MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspection) to detect any possible flaws in the barrels surface, with both circular and longitudinal magnetic fields per ASTME1444-01 in the current Military-Specification.
Does the gun for sale here have a Bravo Company (BCM) barrel or a Yankee Hill (YHM) barrel?
An “all factory BCM” would have a BCM barrel. To the best of my knowledge, BCM does not use YHM barrels in their rifles. BCM makes their own. But this one has a 14.5” barrel with a YHM muzzle device welded to it to bring it to the required 16” minimum length. BCM does not, or at least, didn’t used to, sell their rifles direct to the public. The provide a list of distributors on their website, and YHM is one of them. So in all likelihood, this rifle was ordered wholesale from BCM by YHM, without a muzzle device on the barrel. Then YHM welded on one of their quick disconnect flashhider/muzzle brakes, for mounting a suppressor.

If I had to guess, I’d say that the rifle being sold here is this one: http://shop.bravocompanymfg.com/BCM-REC ... 80-790.htm. MSRP is $1500 with a standard A2 birdcage flashhider, but the one for sale here includes the upgraded muzzle device, the EOTech optic (about $450 new), and the Troy BUIS (at least a $200 value by themselves). An A2 flashhider isn’t worth more than about $8, but the YHM suppressor mount/flashhider on this barrel sells for around $90, plus $14 for the thread protector. So, the total value for the full package would come to $2045 or so. Carlson1’s asking price of $1550 is MORE than fair.
BCM sells uppers, lowers, complete rifles on their website direct.

The pin and weld job is craftsmanship defined ... and it is located at barrel 6 o'clock and is obvious - that makes grinding out easy if you need to remove muzzle device down the road.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 25255
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

#14

Post by The Annoyed Man » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:51 pm

montgomery wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:41 pm
BCM sells uppers, lowers, complete rifles on their website direct.

The pin and weld job is craftsmanship defined ... and it is located at barrel 6 o'clock and is obvious - that makes grinding out easy if you need to remove muzzle device down the road.
I know they sell complete uppers. I’ve purchased two of them myself, directly from BCM. But their website says on the Recce-14 product page:
SHIPPING RESTRICTIONS: This product must be shipped to a Federal Firearms Dealer inside the USA. We do not ship to California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York.

You will receive an email with instructions for completing your order.
We will ship to a FFL Dealer of your choice.
Orders not completed within 15 days will be canceled and refunded less 25% restocking.
So yeah, if you are an FFL, they’ll ship you a complete rifle direct. Otherwise, here is a list of their stocking distributors for complete rifles: https://www.bravocompanymfg.com/support ... to_buy.php. I’m pretty sure that Brownells and YHM are also on their list, although I don’t see them mentioned on this page.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

Topic author
carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 10236
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: WTS - Bravo Company (BCM) 14.5” AR 15

#15

Post by carlson1 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:14 pm

Tam is correct. I had a gunsmith change out the flash hider so it would fit my suppressor. You can’t get much better quality than BCM. To me it is in line with Daniel Defense and such.

Thanks TAM for all of your work on this sale. When it sales I will give you a very very very small fee. :lol:
Image

Locked

Return to “Closed Items”