Anyone here use SIG's Pro Shop?

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
hankintexas
Posts in topic: 1

Anyone here use SIG's Pro Shop?

Post by hankintexas »

I bought an older Sig P220 yesterday for a good price. It has some wear and tear on it, finish issues and some scratches. It is a German Slide.
I am thinking about sending it to sig to have the sights replaced, finish restored and add the SRT. I paid $425 for it, so I think I can get the work done and have a good pistol for a decent price.
Your thought?
Hank Henry
NRA Instructor / NRA LIFE MEMBER / NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MaduroBU

Re: Anyone here use SIG's Pro Shop?

Post by MaduroBU »

GrayGuns is the answer. They do awesome work and love Sigs.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

Many years ago I purchased a police trade in P226, when the sig service plan was offered to me at 1/2 price and free shipping as part of a custom shop promotion I couldn't refuse. Been real happy with the gun. They did do a bit more work than the plan advertised but it didn't affect the cost. I have heard only good things about grey guns, but can not compare or reccomend them due to never having used their services.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

First off, great gun. Love the 220.

I'd certainly contact the pro shop and get a job quote. Be sure and see how much refinishing they'll do, i.e., does that include slide and frame? If you have them do it, I'd ask for the upgrade Xray3 sights over the standard SIGLITE sights. Nobody will know your firearm better and if they can do it all in-house, that makes it a lot easier.

If you don't have Sig do the work, I'd look at it as two separate jobs; refinishing and sights & SRT.

Complete slide and frame refinishing could run you anywhere from $200 to $500 if you use somebody like Robar. For new nights sights and SRT install, I'd say you're in to another shop for about $180 ~ $240.

EDIT: Sig should also recommend all new springs. That's a no-brainer at $30 ~ $35.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

If you were near I’d offer to help you install new sights and the SRT. That said Scott’s suggestion of breaking it up into two jobs is excellent. Also, we have probably the second best Sig gunsmith (behind Bruce Grey @ Greyguns) here in Texas. Robert Burke aka. The Sig Armorer is here in DFW and does excellent work on all manner of Sigs.

All that said the Sig Pro Shop packages are a heck of a deal and if you catch one on sale are a no-brainer.

Good luck.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Return to “Closed Items”