Grab a gun SCCY DVG-1 9mm $145.99 after rebate 10+1 two mags

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

Grab a gun SCCY DVG-1 9mm $145.99 after rebate 10+1 two mags

Post by puma guy »

I don't know a lot about these pistols. I handled one when they first came out and they seemed to be on a par with a Ruger LCP or Kel Tec. Seemed to be of reasonable quality for a low priced firearm. Reliable per the reviews I've read. 10+1 capacity. Seems like it would be a good choice for someone on a budget or as a hideaway truck gun. I am in no way affiliated with this company but, I've purchased several firearms online from these folks. They are located in located in Coppell, TX and also have a store there.
$195.99 with $50 rebate to make it $145.99
EDITED: The pistol comes with two magazines.

https://grabagun.com/sccy-dvg-1-stainle ... 0%9f%94%94
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: Grab a gun SCCY DVG-1 9mm $145.99 after rebate 10+1 two mags

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

I agree that they seem to be good quality for a bargain price. They come in a wide assortment of colors.

I have picked them up at gun shows and to my average sized hands, the grip seemed way too chunky. Anyone considering a SCCY should hold one first to see if it feels OK to them.

As an aside, my handling of many Sigs elicits similar impressions......grips are too chunky.

SIA.
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

threoh8

Post by threoh8 »

The DVG series is a little smaller in the grip, front-to-back, in part due to being striker fired vs the hammer fired CPX's.
I've put a few boxes through a CPX with no hiccups. Worst issue for me: My trigger finger gets beat up by the trigger guard in firing. It's noticeable after a couple of magazines.
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

That is a great price for any firearm. I remember the “Saturday Night Specials” when they were $50.00 from the character around the corner. :lol:

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Worst trigger I’ve ever had the displeasure to pull on a firearm with maybe the exception of the Smith and Wesson SD40VE.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:38 pm Worst trigger I’ve ever had the displeasure to pull on a firearm with maybe the exception of the Smith and Wesson SD40VE.
Can’t be a great pistol, but neither were the RG .38’s in the 70’s. :fire

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:52 am
Tex1961 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:38 pm Worst trigger I’ve ever had the displeasure to pull on a firearm with maybe the exception of the Smith and Wesson SD40VE.
Hickok45 gave the CPX a pretty good review, though he commented on the long trigger pull and reset. This is not the CPX hammer fired pistol, it is a completely differently designed striker fired pistol. A review I read had the pull at about 4#. They are not range guns for certain and I am not trying to sell anyone on them, but they seem to be a decent quality gun from accounts and for 340 bucks suggested retail fill the niche for anyone on a budget I would think. RG/Rohm pistols and revolvers were pot metal pieces of junk, and even dangerous. I know. I sold them in my retail gun days, though I did my best to steer folks away from them. Not even remotely comparable.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

puma guy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:24 am
Hickok45 gave the CPX a pretty good review, though he commented on the long trigger pull and reset. This is not the CPX hammer fired pistol, it is a completely differently designed striker fired pistol. A review I read had the pull at about 4#. They are not range guns for certain and I am not trying to sell anyone on them, but they seem to be a decent quality gun from accounts and for 340 bucks suggested retail fill the niche for anyone on a budget I would think. RG/Rohm pistols and revolvers were pot metal pieces of junk, and even dangerous. I know. I sold them in my retail gun days, though I did my best to steer folks away from them. Not even remotely comparable.
Do you remember what you sold them for? My Dad was the Chief Deputy in Smith County. We had an apartment on the 6th floor of Smith County Courthouse which was the Smith County Jail. Our apartment was on the south side next to the West Felony Tank. (Not a good place for a kid to grow up). I would work/play in the property room. I can count the number of the RG’s I have seen. Right now I own a RG .38 and a RG .22 I “inherited” from the 70’s. You are right and I would never fire them.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:45 am
puma guy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:24 am
Do you remember what you sold them for? My Dad was the Chief Deputy in Smith County. We had an apartment on the 6th floor of Smith County Courthouse which was the Smith County Jail. Our apartment was on the south side next to the West Felony Tank. (Not a good place for a kid to grow up). I would work/play in the property room. I can count the number of the RG’s I have seen. Right now I own a RG .38 and a RG .22 I “inherited” from the 70’s. You are right and I would never fire them.
They ranged from $9.99 to about 30 bucks for the .38. The semi-auto was less than 20 dollars as I recall. That was 1966-71. I had a customer bring a .22 RG10 back because the barrel shot out of the clam shell frame. I stuck it back in and squeezed the barrel shroud in a vise. Seemed to work since he never came back.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Couldn’t find the RG.22 off hand. I forgot about the H&R .22 I had. I was wrong about the .38 it isn’t an RG it is an Arminius. I would be afraid to even put a bullet in them. I thought I would use the the forced buy back one day. :roll:
H&R

Arminius

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:31 am Couldn’t find the RG.22 off hand. I forgot about the H&R .22 I had. I was wrong about the .38 it isn’t an RG it is an Arminius. I would be afraid to even put a bullet in them. I thought I would use the the forced buy back one day. :roll:
H&R

Arminius
Put them on Gun Broker. People these days are paying outrageous money for all those old guns. Rohm, Arminius, RG and about half dozen others back then in that fit that category. They started putting them together in the US to avoid the 1968 GCA restrictions on Saturday night specials. The RG .22's always reminded me of the $2.99 blank guns you could buy back then. To put the SCCY in perspective I would compare them to Harrington & Richardson back then along side a Smith and Wesson. H&R's were far less expensive, but were actually very good firearms.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

You are 100% right about the RG .22. The little cap guns that took those red snap rings. That is funny.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

My S&W .380 Body Guard is the worst. You start pulling on Monday and it fires Wednesday. Far worse than the first iterations of the Sigmas in 9mm and .40 I own.

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”