24" Roll Around HardCase $49.99 Sam's Club

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

24" Roll Around HardCase $49.99 Sam's Club

Post by puma guy »

I just received the roll around case I ordered from Sam's Club. It's really well made with 6 substantial latches, two metal reinforced lock tabs, a pull up tote handle and two satchel style handles. One molded in the top by the pull up tote and a very heavily made one on the side w/ triple pinned hinge on each end. It has a pressure release, three layers of foam, the top layer being 2½" pick and pull and the lid is lined with waffle foam. 8"x 17"x22" exterior measurement. Apparently they measure the case by the rim which is 24" ( it's plenty big so I'm not complaining) For 50 bucks and about $8 shipping to my house I consider it a bargain. I was thinking I'd use it for my big spotting scope and tripod, but I may rethink that and use it differently.
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/24in-prot ... oductSales

KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

JRG
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 24" Roll Around HardCase $49.99 Sam's Club

Post by JRG »

Hmmmmm..............take out the padding and use it for all that HEAVY ammo also. It looks like a sturdy case.

Joe

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

JRG wrote:Hmmmmm..............take out the padding and use it for all that HEAVY ammo also. It looks like a sturdy case.

Joe
it is sturdy. I'm thinking without the foam it could be used as an alternative for luggage. That last flight we they totally destroyed several pieces of our brand new luggage.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

I used to ship expensive and sensitive electronic equipment all over the country in Pelican cases that looked almost identical to that one.

Never had a single piece damaged.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Pawpaw wrote:I used to ship expensive and sensitive electronic equipment all over the country in Pelican cases that looked almost identical to that one.

Never had a single piece damaged.
These are not made of the same material as Pelican cases, different plastic and while they are substantially constructed not the same quality as a Pelican case. Of course a Pelican case this size would cost at least 4x as much. On a scale of 10 with 10 being Pelican. I'd put these at 6-7. Mostly 5 star reviews.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I recently bought a Pelican iM3200 Storm case from Cabela’s at half price. It was half price because it turned out that the number of “points” I had saved up equaled half the cost of the case. So I paid $115 for a $230 case. I made cutouts in the middle foam layer to accommodate my 20” M16A4 replica, plus 7 30-round magazines (1 in the gun) and a suppressor. It is by far the nicest of my hard-shell rifle cases.

The Sam’s Club case is not made to the same specs, but who cares? For that price, it seems eminently worth it. For my purposes, it would be less about protecting the pistols I put in it, than it would be about being able to transport a lot of pistols to the range in one convenient package that I don’t have to CARRY. As my back continues to degrade, and with a torn meniscus in my right knee and a torn tendon in my left ankle, it is harder and harder for me to carry the weight of a rifle case from the car to the firing line. I’ve become Mr. Gimpy. Having a hard case with wheels on one end and a handle on the other is a blessing. So I am going to pick up one of these cases from Sam’s Club, and I’m grateful to Puma Guy for having posted about it. Us old poots have to stick together.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

JRG
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JRG »

It is always amazing to me how much lighter my range bag is coming out of the range than it was going in. I really have trouble balancing the heavy weight going in. I think I NEED one of these cases. Unfortunately, I am not a Sam's Club member.

Joe

apostate

Post by apostate »

Years ago I knew a guy who used a garden cart on the shooting range. It doesn't offer the protection of the locking case from Sam's but it has the advantage of wheels better suited to outdoor ranges, if saving wear and tear on joints is the goal.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I recently bought a Pelican iM3200 Storm case from Cabela’s at half price. It was half price because it turned out that the number of “points” I had saved up equaled half the cost of the case. So I paid $115 for a $230 case. I made cutouts in the middle foam layer to accommodate my 20” M16A4 replica, plus 7 30-round magazines (1 in the gun) and a suppressor. It is by far the nicest of my hard-shell rifle cases.

The Sam’s Club case is not made to the same specs, but who cares? For that price, it seems eminently worth it. For my purposes, it would be less about protecting the pistols I put in it, than it would be about being able to transport a lot of pistols to the range in one convenient package that I don’t have to CARRY. As my back continues to degrade, and with a torn meniscus in my right knee and a torn tendon in my left ankle, it is harder and harder for me to carry the weight of a rifle case from the car to the firing line. I’ve become Mr. Gimpy. Having a hard case with wheels on one end and a handle on the other is a blessing. So I am going to pick up one of these cases from Sam’s Club, and I’m grateful to Puma Guy for having posted about it. Us old poots have to stick together.
You're righ us old poot need to organize. :lol: I think you'll be pleased with the case. What you have in mind is one of the uses I was contemplating after I realized it's probably too big for carry on luggage. Pelican cases are top notch. On the level of Halliburton briefcases . My bro' was VP and GM of a company with 5 camera stores in Houston and they were dealers for Pelican, Halliburton, Hoffritz, Kel Lite, Streamlite, another line of rechargeable flashlightes favored by LEO and FF back in the day. The were also a Bianchi dealer. I wish I'd taken advantage of the deep discounts he got. I only bought a couple of small cases and two or three flashlights. :banghead:

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”