Remington .22 LR Thunderbolt Ammo $144/5000 rnd (2.89¢/rd)free shipping

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Remington .22 LR Thunderbolt Ammo $144/5000 rnd (2.89¢/rd)free shipping

Post by puma guy »

Natchez Shooter's Supply has Remington Thunderbolt .22LR ammo for $144.99/5000 rounds (2.89 cents per round). Free shipping! I don't know if they collect tax. I don't shoot much Remington ammo, but I bought 10,000 rounds of their standard velocity .22LR ammo from the CMP a few years back. I've shot it in several semi-auto rifles and pistols with no complaints even though it was extremely inexpensive. I gave most of it away to my son-in-laws since I have a lot of CCI .22LR They have other deals on Remington ammo as well. Deal expires midnight 7-7-19.
link below for the .22 ammunition.

https://www.natchezss.com/remington-22 ... 7578418177
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Remington .22 LR Thunderbolt Ammo $144/5000 rnd (2.89¢/rd)free shipping

Post by WTR »

I would only use the Thunderbolt ammo in a bolt or pump action. It has been unreliable in a variety of semis for me.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

WTR wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:04 pm I would only use the Thunderbolt ammo in a bolt or pump action. It has been unreliable in a variety of semis for me.
My last bulk purchase of .22LR was 4000 rounds of Winchester M-22 40 gr Round Nose for $172 from Big Daddy Unlimited. So $144/5000 rounds is a pretty good price. OTH, M-22 Ammo is specifically designed for use in semiautos; and it burns cleaner than a lot of other .22LR offerings, making it ideal for suppressed weapons. I have three rifles and three pistols in .22 LR. Two of the rifles and two of the pistols are semiautomatic. I’ve found that the Federal ammo I’ve fed them cycles through the semiautos better than the cheap green/yellow box Remington, but both will produce malfunctions in those guns. My revolver and Henry lever action will swallow whatever you feed them, including the M-22. But it’s nice to know that I have some bulk ammo that is reliable and accurate in the semiautos.

BTW, the 40 grain load develops 1255 FPS, but Winchester also makes a 45 grain subsonic version of the cartridge.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I am not recommending this ammo only reporting it's cost, which is quite reasonable. Rimfire ammunition should be evaluated for reliability and accuracy in any given firearm, especially semi-autos. I have many semi-auto rimfire pistols and rifles and each has it's own preferred ammo. I test them all with several brands and velocities for reliability and accuracy. I even test them with subsonic and CB rounds. I've found the only universally reliable .22 LR ammo for my semi-auto's is CCI, but it's not always the most accurate. I do not use hyper-velocity in my semi-autos. If I didn't already have a lot of .22 LR on hand I'd buy some of this stuff.

JDstar
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JDstar »

Thanks for the heads-up! Order placed :fire

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

puma guy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:18 pm I am not recommending this ammo only reporting it's cost, which is quite reasonable. Rimfire ammunition should be evaluated for reliability and accuracy in any given firearm, especially semi-autos. I have many semi-auto rimfire pistols and rifles and each has it's own preferred ammo. I test them all with several brands and velocities for reliability and accuracy. I even test them with subsonic and CB rounds. I've found the only universally reliable .22 LR ammo for my semi-auto's is CCI, but it's not always the most accurate. I do not use hyper-velocity in my semi-autos. If I didn't already have a lot of .22 LR on hand I'd buy some of this stuff.
I agree, that’s a fantastic price, and even if it isn’t 100% reliable in a given gun, you can afford some duds at that price. I was just addressing WTR's concern about ammo for semiautos. Sorry if I hijacked the thread. I didn’t mean to.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:20 pm
puma guy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:18 pm I am not recommending this ammo only reporting it's cost, which is quite reasonable. Rimfire ammunition should be evaluated for reliability and accuracy in any given firearm, especially semi-autos. I have many semi-auto rimfire pistols and rifles and each has it's own preferred ammo. I test them all with several brands and velocities for reliability and accuracy. I even test them with subsonic and CB rounds. I've found the only universally reliable .22 LR ammo for my semi-auto's is CCI, but it's not always the most accurate. I do not use hyper-velocity in my semi-autos. If I didn't already have a lot of .22 LR on hand I'd buy some of this stuff.
I agree, that’s a fantastic price, and even if it isn’t 100% reliable in a given gun, you can afford some duds at that price. I was just addressing WTR's concern about ammo for semiautos. Sorry if I hijacked the thread. I didn’t mean to.
Not to worry, TAM. I didn't intend it as a specific address to your post or WTR's , only a caveat should anyone think I was promoting this ammo other than the price. I probably could have omitted the dissertation on selecting ammo for your .22 firearm, but I couldn't resist. I love .22 firearms (LOL, I have way too many) and so often I see complaints about this gun or that not being accurate or having malfunctions (especially semi autos) when in reality it's often the particular ammunition being used. (none of my Buckmark pistols like Federal American Eagle .22, but they shoot the CMP Rem standard velocity just fine) I googled the Thunderbolt .22LR; it has mixed reviews, but I see mixed reviews on other .22LR ammo, too. You gotta find the dinner your gun is hungry for. I ended up buying some of this ammo anyway and I'll probably donate it to my shooting club.

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”