Remember the Ellen's restaurant? Money went to....

Post general public service announcements here. Do not post discussion topics here, only announcements.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Remember the Ellen's restaurant? Money went to....

Post by TreyHouston »

Dallas restaurant boycotted by NRA donates $15,000 to Mother's Demand Action

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/ ... n.html[url]

The downtown brunch spot, Ellen’s, presented the check at a Mother’s Day ceremony to Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, a group founded in 2012 after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

IMO, that's just WRONG and they should have stated their intentions BEFORE members ate there! :nono: :mad5 :mad5
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

OlBill

Re: Remember the Ellen's restaurant? Money went to....

Post by OlBill »

Was the restaurant posted during the convention?

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

TreyHouston wrote:Dallas restaurant boycotted by NRA donates $15,000 to Mother's Demand Action

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/ ... ation.html

The downtown brunch spot, Ellen’s, presented the check at a Mother’s Day ceremony to Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, a group founded in 2012 after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

IMO, that's just WRONG and they should have stated their intentions BEFORE members ate there! :nono: :mad5 :mad5
The $15k couldn’t have bought the publicity the business received as a result of their message. Smart business decision, not much chance of long term harm since most of their downtown Dallas clientele agrees with the gun control message. I’m sure any loss of gun owner business will be offset by anti gun people who now know about the place and will go there.

Perhaps the Texas3006 guys could create a special category “Hostile to 2nd Amendment” for places like this.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

rotor

Post by rotor »

Would be nice to be able to post on Texas3006.com so LTC holders would know they are Not Welcome.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I haven't checked, but aren't they on the 30.06 list?

If not, why not

They are posted 30.06 right...?

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Abraham wrote:I haven't checked, but aren't they on the 30.06 list?

If not, why not

They are posted 30.06 right...?
They were not posted 30.06. They simply wanted to take money from NRA supporters and give it to anti-2a groups.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

flechero

Post by flechero »

Abraham wrote: They are posted 30.06 right...?
I don't think so. They are a special breed of hypocrite... they hate us but still want our money.

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Is no one else disturbed that a private business owner exercising his rights under the Bill of Rights, was threatened violence by some others who want to exercise thier rights under the BoR?

Boycott, or leave a card, but the extremism of a few does not help our argument.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

oohrah wrote:Is no one else disturbed that a private business owner exercising his rights under the Bill of Rights, was threatened violence by some others who want to exercise thier rights under the BoR?

Boycott, or leave a card, but the extremism of a few does not help our argument.
:iagree: Make their position known, do not patronize, and encourage others to do the same. Simple as that.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

oohrah wrote:Is no one else disturbed that a private business owner exercising his rights under the Bill of Rights, was threatened violence by some others who want to exercise thier rights under the BoR?

No I am not disturbed because I don’t believe it happened. I think they either made it up or it was a David Hogg type pretending to be one of us. I will continue to exercise my personal options of not giving money to people who are diametrically opposed to my values. At least in the case of Ellen’s it is actually owned by an individual who is choosing his political stand. Unlike the public companies with diffuse ownership where I may in fact be a shareholder, but the management imposes some idiotic leftist policy that costs them (and hence me) money.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

rotor

Post by rotor »

Flightmare wrote:

:iagree: Make their position known, do not patronize, and encourage others to do the same. Simple as that.
Like the left are so nice. Chris Cox of the NRA having threats at his home with "blood" spattered and picketing, Dana Loesch getting death threats all the time. It takes two to tango and when the opposing side has set the example with death threats, picketing, property destruction and out right lies then civil behavior on our side may be hard to expect. My personal opinion, never frequent that restaurant. If they were so high and mighty they would post o6/07 signs and not be so underhanded about taking NRA members money and stabbing them in the back.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

ScottDLS wrote:

No I am not disturbed because I don’t believe it happened. I think they either made it up or it was a David Hogg type pretending to be one of us. I will continue to exercise my personal options of not giving money to people who are diametrically opposed to my values. At least in the case of Ellen’s it is actually owned by an individual who is choosing his political stand. Unlike the public companies with diffuse ownership where I may in fact be a shareholder, but the management imposes some idiotic leftist policy that costs them (and hence me) money.

:iagree: I might believe it when they release the taped calls and name/address/phone number of the NRA member threatening violence. Otherwise its just part of the leftist playbook.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

bblhd672 wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:Dallas restaurant boycotted by NRA donates $15,000 to Mother's Demand Action

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/ ... ation.html

The $15k couldn’t have bought the publicity the business received as a result of their message. Smart business decision, not much chance of long term harm since most of their downtown Dallas clientele agrees with the gun control message. I’m sure any loss of gun owner business will be offset by anti gun people who now know about the place and will go there.

Perhaps the Texas3006 guys could create a special category “Hostile to 2nd Amendment” for places like this.
I would make that “Overtly Hostile to 2nd Amendment”.......but otherwise, I don’t see why it couldn’t be done. Hopefully Russel will see this and make it happen.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Isn't there some way we could raise exactly $15,000 and donate it to the NRA or NRA-ILA in the name of that restaurant? Or more?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Announcements”