Force protection warning: Joker movie opening night

Post general public service announcements here. Do not post discussion topics here, only announcements.

Moderator: carlson1

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Force protection warning: Joker movie opening night

Post by Pawpaw »

TreyHouston wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:52 pm QUESTION
The Colorado theater shooting, the perp came in through the side door and shot up the theater. So why would putting up 30.06 and metal detectors?
AHHHH, bad me, there I am using LOGIC AGAIN. :banghead:
I thought he bought a ticket and went in through the front door like everyone else. Then, in the darkness, he sneaked out the side door and blocked it so he could get back in after he went to his car to arm up.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

All Forum members really need to take the steps to become volunteer emergency responders. This renders the 30.06/7 issue moot.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AJSully421 »

ScottDLS wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:59 pm All Forum members really need to take the steps to become volunteer emergency responders. This renders the 30.06/7 issue moot.
Body guard is better... only subject to 46.03.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

AJSully421 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:43 am
ScottDLS wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:59 pm All Forum members really need to take the steps to become volunteer emergency responders. This renders the 30.06/7 issue moot.
I have a level 4 security commision, which qualifies me to be a Bodyguard, Tell me more?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

crazy2medic wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:59 am
AJSully421 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:43 am
I have a level 4 security commision, which qualifies me to be a Bodyguard, Tell me more?
See if your company will allow for you to put a gratis 24/7 contract on your family. With that, you are then their body guard anytime that you are with them, and are carrying under the authority of 1702 of the occupations code, not 411 of the Government code (LTC). Since 30.06/07 and 46.035 apply to license holders carrying under the authority of 411 of the Government code, then you are not subject to those sections.

You still are subject to 5 locations (per state law, federal restrictions still apply) under 46.03: schools (not colleges, even private), correctional facilities, polling places, courtrooms and offices, and 1,000 feet of the Walls unit on the day of an execution... that’s it.

I have carried into Cowboy’s stadium with only showing my PPO card and entry ticket.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

This thread seems to have drifted off-topic.

I was concerned to read that the FBI's intelligence was based on discussions with Texas law enforcement. We should all be especially vigilant.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

oohrah wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:02 am This thread seems to have drifted off-topic.

I was concerned to read that the FBI's intelligence was based on discussions with Texas law enforcement. We should all be especially vigilant.
The notice I saw was issued by CID (US Army investigations), equivalent to NCIS or USAF OSI, of Fort Sill, in Lawton, Oklahoma. Not very far from where I live.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jago668 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:56 pm This is why I don't go to AMC theathers. Cinemark or Alamo Drafthouse, while both are 30.07 at least they haven't gone full potato...yet.
There’s an Alamo Drafthouse near my home. I went there recently to see "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" (which I enjoyed tremendously). I saw no signs at all....and I looked for them. Maybe it’s up to individual local management whether or not to post?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Announcements”