Another special session?

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

JKTex
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Another special session?

Post by JKTex »

Should be a great time to get some of "our" bills done quietly while the screaming banshees are still causing a media spectacle. :mrgreen:

ALCSTUDIOS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ALCSTUDIOS »

I will gladly call, write letters and send emails all over again but I am starting to see the reality of it all, there is a very high chance that we will not see campus carry, open carry or the carry everywhere bill. So far everything most of us has done has fallen on deaf ears regardless of political party, I would almost bet that if the house and senate was all republicans we would still be right where we are. There has to be a better way but I don't know what it is... any other ideas?
NRA,GOA,TFC TSRA & SAF member

IlliniBill

Post by IlliniBill »

IlliniBill wrote:
Panda wrote:Perry is all talk.
Exactly. I think this entire abortion bill is just political theater. The whole purpose is for Perry to get some national news to polish his conservative credentials with the anti-abortion crowd. I'll be more than happy to say I was wrong if he calls a 2nd session, but I don't think it is going to happen.
Looks like I am full of crap. Perry said today that the abortion bill is a priority in the new session. I didn't think he would do it. Props to the Governor for tackling this issue.

Jason K
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jason K »

Jason K wrote:
Panda wrote:Perry is all talk.
Agreed. He'll shrug, say "I tried", & go back to planning his next POTUS run.....
I called it wrong, too. Hope the Leg learns some lessons in crowd control this time....

GEM-Texas
Posts in topic: 11

Post by GEM-Texas »

Has anyone from the gun rights world, like the TSRA, physically asked or directly e-mailed, etc. Perry to put campus carry on the agenda? Has he answered?

Otherwise, we will have the same set of posts proclaiming that faxes, smoke signals and voodoo dolls will make this issue come to fruition.

If he is only having a hissy fit over abortion - I think we can count him NOT as a proactive friend of the RKBA. Yep, he will sign and flap his gums but on this issue will he stand up?

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

GEM-Texas wrote:Has anyone from the gun rights world, like the TSRA, physically asked or directly e-mailed, etc. Perry to put campus carry on the agenda? Has he answered?

Otherwise, we will have the same set of posts proclaiming that faxes, smoke signals and voodoo dolls will make this issue come to fruition.

If he is only having a hissy fit over abortion - I think we can count him NOT as a proactive friend of the RKBA. Yep, he will sign and flap his gums but on this issue will he stand up?

Agreed.

ALCSTUDIOS

Post by ALCSTUDIOS »

I have often wondered about this and tell me if I seem dumb, we always hear about how the NRA has the ability to control and or push politicians in D.C but cannot help us right here in Texas. Maybe they should give Perry a call. Everything we have done on our side has left us with a basket but no eggs
NRA,GOA,TFC TSRA & SAF member

Panda
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Panda »

If the NRA gives guys like him and Straus an easy A, why should they do more if they're not pro gun?

IlliniBill

Post by IlliniBill »

Strange that I haven't gotten any e-mails from the NRA asking to contact Perry about gun issues. When he called the first session, they immediately send one out.

Wes
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Wes »

Given up maybe? Realized nothing will happen until 2015 so why bother? I don't know but we got what we got this year, time to wait again it seems. Maybe 2017 will be our year after the current POTUS is gone.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

ammoboy2
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ammoboy2 »

Perry had to have the special session to respond to the gallery outburst at the close of the last session. There has to be consequences of mob actions.

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 6

Post by nightmare69 »

Perry called a 2nd special session to begin Monday, should we even try to get gun bills on this one?
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

nightmare69 wrote:Perry called a 2nd special session to begin Monday, should we even try to get gun bills on this one?
Will it help in a presidential primary? If yes, yes, if no, no.

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 6

Post by nightmare69 »

Cities improperly posting 30.06 bill is top on my list, then campus carry bill.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

GEM-Texas
Posts in topic: 11

Post by GEM-Texas »

Perry had to have the special session to respond to the gallery outburst at the close of the last session. There has to be consequences of mob actions.
Oh, yeah - where are the consequences for him ignoring e-mails, faxes, etc. on the gun bills. Where was the RKBA outburst when the Senate did squat on campus carry?

Give me a break. It is all political.

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”