HB928 - Don't fund Enforcement for Federal Gun Laws

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 2

HB928 - Don't fund Enforcement for Federal Gun Laws

Post by jerry_r60 »

If I followed this correctly, this bill would prevent funding the enforcment of Federal Firearms Laws by Texas Agencies. Not ideal but better than not having something like this.

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup ... Bill=HB928" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

An article discussing the bill:

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/cypressc ... 963f4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SC1903A3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: HB928 - Don't fund Enforcement for Federal Gun Laws

Post by SC1903A3 »

looks good to me :thumbs2:

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Maxwell »

Hmm... Like the idea. Like the statement it makes. Understand the "within this state" disclaimers.

But what happens when I travel out of state? Even if that state has a similar law and/or laws to Texas? Am I now governed by Federal law becasuse I'm on an airplane? Our because I crossed state borders?

So let's say I fly from Houston to Albuquerque. NM. They honor my CHL. I cross directlty from Texas "air space" to New Mexico "air space."

What happens...?
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Topic author
jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jerry_r60 »

Maxwell wrote:Hmm... Like the idea. Like the statement it makes. Understand the "within this state" disclaimers.

But what happens when I travel out of state? Even if that state has a similar law and/or laws to Texas? Am I now governed by Federal law becasuse I'm on an airplane? Our because I crossed state borders?

So let's say I fly from Houston to Albuquerque. NM. They honor my CHL. I cross directlty from Texas "air space" to New Mexico "air space."

What happens...?
This doesn't address what is being done at the Fed Level or other states. It seems like in sentiment anyway, it's doing like California did with marijuana laws. The feds have still conducted raids in California but the state does not pursue. Sounds like we would have something similar in Texas. You would still be at odds with federal law and playing the odds of the feds coming after you. That's still not a good situation. It means you are still a "criminal", which isn't good.

I've read a few other articles on this. One points out that one requirment for this to be legal would be that the gun be manufactured in Texas and never leaves the state.

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”