BILL STATUS UPDATE: 3/11/13

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

BILL STATUS UPDATE: 3/11/13

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Numerous updates primarily for hearings. There are far too many to list here, but hearings are easy to spot on the TFC Bill Status Report with the green highlighting.

Chas.

baldeagle

Re: BILL STATUS UPDATE: 3/11/13

Post by baldeagle »

Hey Charles, given the present attitude of the administration and DHS toward we veterans, maybe HB572 isn't such a good idea after all. :biggrinjester:
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

suthdj
Posts in topic: 2

Post by suthdj »

baldeagle wrote:Hey Charles, given the present attitude of the administration and DHS toward we veterans, maybe HB572 isn't such a good idea after all. :biggrinjester:
What is the purpose of it, to give us a warm fuzzy?
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

DocV

Post by DocV »

suthdj wrote:
baldeagle wrote:Hey Charles, given the present attitude of the administration and DHS toward we veterans, maybe HB572 isn't such a good idea after all. :biggrinjester:
Maybe we won't have to haul our DD214 around to get the Home Depot Vet discount ;-)

suthdj
Posts in topic: 2

Post by suthdj »

DocV wrote:
suthdj wrote:
Maybe we won't have to haul our DD214 around to get the Home Depot Vet discount ;-)
Homedepot has vet discounts? Thats news to me, however I have a VA hospital Card to show I am a vet not sure if they would take it or not.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

dustinray

Post by dustinray »

I use my VA Hospital Card at Home Depot and Lowe's and have not been turned down.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

They also accept the Veteran designation on my Drivers license. Cabelas honors it as well.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I never liked letting strangers know too much about me, they didn't treat us Veterans too well in the 70s even the VFW didn't wan't to have much to do with us. Its got a little better these days, but with so many Obamians running loose, I wonder if it isn't a good idea to keep our past private. Maybe I'm paranoid, but all the same it doesn't mean they aren't going to change their minds and come and get us ...

Ok .. maybe I'm being silly, but I still don't like different government agencys haveing too thick of a file on me...
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”