NRA and TSRA Support CSHB700

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

johnferg69
Posts in topic: 2

Re: NRA and TSRA Support CSHB700

Post by johnferg69 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
I have learned that all committee substitutes in Homeland Security & Public Safety were "withdrawn subject to vote" meaning they were laid out and debated, then they were withdrawn until the vote on the individual bills. This is usually the following week when the Committee meets again.

Chas.
I see their is 9 members of the Homeland Security & Public Safety Committee. If we want to get CSHB700 passed would it help to contact all of them?

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Beiruty »

johnferg69 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
I have learned that all committee substitutes in Homeland Security & Public Safety were "withdrawn subject to vote" meaning they were laid out and debated, then they were withdrawn until the vote on the individual bills. This is usually the following week when the Committee meets again.

Chas.
I see their is 9 members of the Homeland Security & Public Safety Committee. If we want to get CSHB700 passed would it help to contact all of them?
Contact and each of the members. Be nice and courteous.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

pcgizzmo

Post by pcgizzmo »

OK, please forgive me for my ignorance on the process but what happens from here? The committee votes then it goes to for a full vote before the Senate then if it passes to the Gov? Again I apologize for my ignorance in such matters. I never followed Texas legislator as closely in the past as I have since being a CHL holder and it obviously didn't stick in school.

dicion

Post by dicion »

pcgizzmo wrote:OK, please forgive me for my ignorance on the process but what happens from here? The committee votes then it goes to for a full vote before the Senate then if it passes to the Gov? Again I apologize for my ignorance in such matters. I never followed Texas legislator as closely in the past as I have since being a CHL holder and it obviously didn't stick in school.
Comittee votes, if favorable, then it goes to Calendars to be put to a floor vote if I am not mistaken.

Calendars is where most of our bills have died in the past, but it is the Speaker who has the most power.
http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=62468" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

Joined TSRA today. Although I never thought TSRA had BLOCKED OC bills, I was disappointed that in the past they had never helped them.

Glad to see the bill is getting written to make it right for CHLers, glad to see it out of committee, and glad to see TSRA taking a positive proactive stance on it.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

dicion

Post by dicion »

steveincowtown wrote:Joined TSRA today. Although I never thought TSRA had BLOCKED OC bills, I was disappointed that in the past they had never helped them.
Mainly because, as has been stated many times before, the bills that were crafted were overall bad bills. They pushed for OC at the possible expense of already gained ground in the Concealed Carry game.

This bill does not do that, hence, the support of the TSRA, and most of us here :thumbs2:

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

pcgizzmo wrote:OK, please forgive me for my ignorance on the process but what happens from here? The committee votes then it goes to for a full vote before the Senate then if it passes to the Gov? Again I apologize for my ignorance in such matters. I never followed Texas legislator as closely in the past as I have since being a CHL holder and it obviously didn't stick in school.
Thanks for asking, and thanks also to those who answered. I've never been much of an activist before and just didn't pay much attention to this stuff. Looks like it's past time for me to pull my head out of the sand and get involved. Thanks to all of you guys who show folks like me how it's done. I'm watching, listening and trying to learn.

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

dicion wrote:
steveincowtown wrote:Joined TSRA today. Although I never thought TSRA had BLOCKED OC bills, I was disappointed that in the past they had never helped them.
Mainly because, as has been stated many times before, the bills that were crafted were overall bad bills. They pushed for OC at the possible expense of already gained ground in the Concealed Carry game.

This bill does not do that, hence, the support of the TSRA, and most of us here :thumbs2:

Oh I know...and I was one of those folks that opposed what was going on last session. The bill presented this session in its original format was almost the exact same as last session. It is my feeling (right or wrong) that with the gentle nudging of CHLers and the TSRA that this bill was probably saved through the addition of 30.07.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

styxx

Post by styxx »

Big Guy, I too am still shaking the sand out of my hair. In the late 60's and early 70's I wore the uniform because I believed in this country. I have never stopped believing. I just got ground down over time by those that are far more liberal than I, and I slowly backed away from the discussions and let the sand cover my ears. I am coming to the conclusion that it is time to get my head out of it and (figuratively) put that uniform on again. Those of us who have been silent for too long need to speak up, lead by example, discuss - not argue, and take the time to help educate those willing to be educated. Speak up - not just on the 2nd amendment, but in all those issues that you feel are bringing our country down. You can start by communicating your feelings to your representatives and to the committee members that are looking at the 2nd amendment related bills especially in Texas right now, but also in Washington.
:patriot:
Some days are better than others, but every day is a good day.

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”