Just heard today about HB 3325

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
2firfun50
Posts in topic: 4

Just heard today about HB 3325

Post by 2firfun50 »

This may be the most dangerous bill of 2013. Attempts to amend 411 regarding purchase/ownership of so called assault weapons.

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/Search/Doc ... ightType=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AEA
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Just heard today about HB 3325

Post by AEA »

Whoever authored that is a complete idiot/fool.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 3

Post by baldeagle »

Nice. $200 for the license to purchase an "assault weapon". $25 renewal fee every 2 years. $200 tax to sell it. Why do these jerks always find ways to steal more money from citizens?
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Topic author
2firfun50

Post by 2firfun50 »

AEA wrote:Whoever authored that is a complete idiot/fool.
Here is the distinguished gentleman.

http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/me ... strict=147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Most likely he is. He authored a bill to amend a section of the penal code that's already been declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison

Topic author
2firfun50

Post by 2firfun50 »

baldeagle wrote:
Most likely he is. He authored a bill to amend a section of the penal code that's already been declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.
May I enquire as to which portion of ch 411, subch H has bee declared unconstitutional? That's our CHL in a nutshell.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Democrats apparently get party points for violating their oaths of office and introducing anti constitutional legislation.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

2firfun50 wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
May I enquire as to which portion of ch 411, subch H has bee declared unconstitutional? That's our CHL in a nutshell.
My apologies. I can see now that was poorly worded. I should have said he ALSO authored....the bill addressed the Texas Penal Code section 21.06, having to do with homosexual conduct, which has already been struck down by the Supreme Court (and it says that clearly in the code.) BTW, CH 411 is in the Government Code, not the Penal Code. Confusing it is.

howdy

Post by howdy »

This guy is just wasting good air.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

A very interesting law. Of course, I makes it illegal for you to ever sell your used "assault weapon" by saying the only person who may sell one is an FFL. Fortunately, there is no ban or tax on transferring the weapon other ways.

I can see the price of used magazines going even higher than they are now. If you buy this used magazine from me, I will give you this rifle for free. The magazine goes for $1000.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
2firfun50

Post by 2firfun50 »

baldeagle wrote:
2firfun50 wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
My apologies. I can see now that was poorly worded. I should have said he ALSO authored....the bill addressed the Texas Penal Code section 21.06, having to do with homosexual conduct, which has already been struck down by the Supreme Court (and it says that clearly in the code.) BTW, CH 411 is in the Government Code, not the Penal Code. Confusing it is.
Thanks for the clarification. So he is THAT guy. I remember that disaster.

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”