Hey everyone, first post long time watcher.

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Hey everyone, first post long time watcher.

Post by The Annoyed Man »

anygunanywhere wrote:You'se guys are just plain cold blooded today.

Cold blooded but still clean and classy.

Anygunanywhere
:smilelol5:

Yes, it is a little frosty hereabouts, isn't it? "rlol"

I sincerely hope that miedoso doesn't get his feathers ruffled up and sticks around to become a productive member of the board. We can always use some fresh voices around here.

Miedoso, just so you understand, we've had a number of people try to troll the board in the past, particularly whenever there is legislation before either the state legislature or the congress, hence the "suspicious" reception you received. With yesterday's activities in the Senate, we've been expecting some such activity. I have a wooden plaque over my mantle that says, "Treat every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, 'mark' it and walk away."

:mrgreen:

Welcome aboard.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

LucasBU06

Post by LucasBU06 »

In politics, as in life...the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I will stand behind Mr. Cotton and be the first to applaud his tireless efforts. He has, and WILL continue to make a world of difference. :tiphat:
NRA Life Member

Wodathunkit

Post by Wodathunkit »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

Anygunanywhere

I sincerely hope that miedoso doesn't get his feathers ruffled up and sticks around to become a productive member of the board. We can always use some fresh voices around here.

Miedoso, just so you understand, we've had a number of people try to troll the board in the past, particularly whenever there is legislation before either the state legislature or the congress, hence the "suspicious" reception you received. With yesterday's activities in the Senate, we've been expecting some such activity. I have a wooden plaque over my mantle that says, "Treat every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, 'mark' it and walk away."

Welcome aboard.
Lol!
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

Topic author
miedoso
Posts in topic: 9

Post by miedoso »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

Anygunanywhere

Welcome aboard.
Thanks, and no problem. Like I said in my intro, I assumed I was in for a little whippin. :-) I have a hard head, so it can take some punches. I think the reason I finally posted, is that I see America getting worse, not better as far as 2A. As we all know, the NY crap and so forth, Cali, Colorado etc. But I recently watched the video of the LEO removing the gun from the Vet in Temple Texas, and I was like, man, even here??? So much crap is going on, and I am just hoping, hoping Texas doesn't somehow fall into a liberal mindset. Having left sided people head our state congress, doesn't make me feel easy about it. I have a lot to say, so I'm sure you'll see more from me. Here's a for instance:
If I watch 1 more person on TV say, should everyone have a bazooka? I'm gonna flip. I wish someone who gets that question, actually ask that person, what a bazooka is and where can you get one. They would be blank faced.

Topic author
miedoso

Post by miedoso »

By the way, here's another of my humble opinions. NONE of the Democratic leaders are pro 2A, even if an A or A+ rating. I believe they are only pro 2A when voting matters. I feel they've just smartened up and learned how to beat the system. Show you're pro gun, and then NOT help bills go forward etc. I've learned that in life. If you can't win one way, just beat the system, and win another way. Ok, I'm done ranting today. Carry on.

LucasBU06

Post by LucasBU06 »

miedoso wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

I think the reason I finally posted, is that I see America getting worse, not better as far as 2A. As we all know, the NY crap and so forth, Cali, Colorado etc. But I recently watched the video of the LEO removing the gun from the Vet in Temple Texas, and I was like, man, even here??? So much crap is going on, and I am just hoping, hoping Texas doesn't somehow fall into a liberal mindset.
While the events of late are certainly discomforting and our "fearless leader aka the charming one" is clearly leading us down the wrong path...Don't forget for one second what State this is and what we stand for. At the end of the day, and as my law professor so eloquently stated..."the law is the law, but in the end He with the most guns wins." Laws change, administrations change, sentiments change...but core values remain.
NRA Life Member

styxx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by styxx »

A lot of folks on this forum don't like the rules of the game that the politicians play by and/or they don't like a number of the players. OK. I'm in that boat with you. However, our first challenge is to work within the current system to get our message across to everyone that will listen. If we actually want them to listen, we have to have a conversation with them and to do so in a calm, reasonable, succinct and respectful manner using facts, reason, and logic - ever mindful that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

Our second challenge is to work to change the rules and/or the players that we find objectionable. I keep hearing "we need to get rid of insert-name-here". OK. It would be really nice to see all of the folks that are saying that put in as much the time and effort that folks like Charles Cotton and dozens of others that are on this forum do. If all of the "we need to get rid of insert-name-here" folks worked the current system as much as they complain about it, we would probably be seeing far better outcomes with respect to our 2nd amendment rights and freedoms.

I am embarrassed to admit that I do not do all that I should do. I am new to this political stuff, having just recently pulled my head out of the sand, but that is an excuse, not a reason. Sending e-mails and making phone calls is a start, but if I want real improvement, I will have to translate my newly found activism into a long term effort that continues long after this legislative session is over and done with.
:patriot:
Some days are better than others, but every day is a good day.

Topic author
miedoso

Post by miedoso »

styxx wrote:A lot of folks on this forum don't like the rules of the game that the politicians play by and/or they don't like a number of the players. OK. I'm in that boat with you. However, our first challenge is to work within the current system to get our message across to everyone that will listen. If we actually want them to listen, we have to have a conversation with them and to do so in a calm, reasonable, succinct and respectful manner using facts, reason, and logic - ever mindful that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

Our second challenge is to work to change the rules and/or the players that we find objectionable. I keep hearing "we need to get rid of insert-name-here". OK. It would be really nice to see all of the folks that are saying that put in as much the time and effort that folks like Charles Cotton and dozens of others that are on this forum do. If all of the "we need to get rid of insert-name-here" folks worked the current system as much as they complain about it, we would probably be seeing far better outcomes with respect to our 2nd amendment rights and freedoms.

I am embarrassed to admit that I do not do all that I should do. I am new to this political stuff, having just recently pulled my head out of the sand, but that is an excuse, not a reason. Sending e-mails and making phone calls is a start, but if I want real improvement, I will have to translate my newly found activism into a long term effort that continues long after this legislative session is over and done with.
:patriot:
:iagree: I agree. I guess I just figured, as much as I see people saying they called or wrote. If it was to remove the left leaders from the control positions, maybe, just maybe eyes would open :shock: Then, maybe people like Pickett, would actually say to himself, if I don't start pushing these things I'm out, so I better. But it's all cool. I'm not closed minded. If you guys are cool with this direction we are currently in, then it's not like I'm going to not try to help call, write or post. I'll keep on keepin on. Just hopefully it won't be for not.

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

miedoso wrote: The fact stands, that we are in a state where laws should be easier to pass,
The problem with making laws easy to pass is that it's only nice while the party you favor is in power. When the political power changes hands (as it inevitably does), the others get their turn at passing legislation that you might not like.
NRA lifetime member

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

KC5AV wrote:
miedoso wrote: The fact stands, that we are in a state where laws should be easier to pass,
The problem with making laws easy to pass is that it's only nice while the party you favor is in power. When the political power changes hands (as it inevitably does), the others get their turn at passing legislation that you might not like.
I think the OP was comparing conservative Texas, to not so conservative Iowa. I interpreted it to mean pro-gun laws should be "easier to pass" in Texas compared to Iowa, and I agree if that is was his meaning.

SherwoodForest

Post by SherwoodForest »

I suspect one of the best ways to appreciate the Texas legislative process is to learn how to play the violin .

Topic author
miedoso

Post by miedoso »

G26ster wrote:
KC5AV wrote:
I think the OP was comparing conservative Texas, to not so conservative Iowa. I interpreted it to mean pro-gun laws should be "easier to pass" in Texas compared to Iowa, and I agree if that is was his meaning.
Correct :cheers2:

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”