Is HB 3218 Dead ?

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
styxx
Posts in topic: 3

Is HB 3218 Dead ?

Post by styxx »

Any word on HB 3218 ??
From all the chatter on the Forum and the recurring bad news statements being quoted, it appears that HB 700 and the several campus carry related bills have been completely killed by a very few liberal leaning legislators that have been strongly encouraged to hold their positions because of far too many examples of very visible statements and actions by a relatively small number of what I can only characterize as #@*^$@# idiots who purport themselves to actually be in support of our 2nd amendment rights while appearing to do absolutely everything they possibly can to disrupt and poison the only process that can protect and advance the rights and freedoms of the Texas CHL holders.
Has HB 3218 fallen into that same swamp ?
Please, someone, give me a reason to hope that ANYTHING positive with respect to the typical CHL holder will come out of this legislative session.
:patriot:
Some days are better than others, but every day is a good day.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Is HB 3218 Dead ?

Post by mojo84 »

If every bill that had some support from a few vocal idiots was killed, there would be very few laws on the books. These idiots just gave some liberal leaning republicans and progressives an excuse to kill the bills. It's a shame so few have so much power.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 4

Post by baldeagle »

Not yet. It was heard and left pending in committee last week. It may get voted on today. If not, it's not looking good. The committee had a meeting scheduled for 8AM this morning, but the House is in session, so I doubt they got much done. Maybe it will happen later this afternoon. I'll try to listen in.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

CJD

Post by CJD »

styxx wrote:Any word on HB 3218 ??
From all the chatter on the Forum and the recurring bad news statements being quoted, it appears that HB 700 and the several campus carry related bills have been completely killed by a very few liberal leaning legislators that have been strongly encouraged to hold their positions because of far too many examples of very visible statements and actions by a relatively small number of what I can only characterize as #@*^$@# idiots who purport themselves to actually be in support of our 2nd amendment rights while appearing to do absolutely everything they possibly can to disrupt and poison the only process that can protect and advance the rights and freedoms of the Texas CHL holders.
I think that is the longest sentence I have ever seen.

Topic author
styxx

Post by styxx »

"rlol"
Naw. I have scribbled out much longer sentences that ramble even more than that one and it usually seems to happen most often when I am seriously disappointed and frustrated and my thoughts begin to run together in a way that is confusing even to me and I am the one that is putting the sentence together though I do not really intend for the sentence to be so long that the reader begins to lose his or her (how is that for being politically correct ?) train of thought . . . ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

SherwoodForest
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SherwoodForest »

George Washington was also given to 1/2 page sentences - so you're in good company.

You would think that Texas had already changed to "Blue" .

This is what is commonly referred to as a "sell-out" in exchange for leadership needing support from Democrats. Not a good sign.

Panda

Post by Panda »

If its dead, you can thank Straus and his supporters. For the representatives who elected him Speaker of the Haus again, you can "thank" them in the primaries and the general elections if necessary.

It can be a tough choice, but the alternative is Team Straus killing campus carry and other civil rights bills in 2015. And 2017. And.....

SherwoodForest

Post by SherwoodForest »

General Benedict Arnold was the best general that Gen. George Washington had under his command. He entrusted Arnold with the defense of West Point. Arnold on the other hand had other pressing priorities.

I think my point is pretty clear without mentioning any names.

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

styxx wrote:"rlol"
Naw. I have scribbled out much longer sentences that ramble even more than that one and it usually seems to happen most often when I am seriously disappointed and frustrated and my thoughts begin to run together in a way that is confusing even to me and I am the one that is putting the sentence together though I do not really intend for the sentence to be so long that the reader begins to lose his or her (how is that for being politically correct ?) train of thought . . . ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
Your punctuation and sentence structure is pretty good though. That's becoming a lost art! I get emails from other TEACHERS that I want to print out, mark in red and give back to them! :banghead:
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

Topic author
styxx

Post by styxx »

I guess that one of my few saving graces is that I am just too old to fully understand the texting shorthand currently in vogue.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

SherwoodForest wrote:George Washington was also given to 1/2 page sentences - so you're in good company.

You would think that Texas had already changed to "Blue" .

This is what is commonly referred to as a "sell-out" in exchange for leadership needing support from Democrats. Not a good sign.
What are you talking about? Nothing has been settled yet. The committee met this morning. Let's wait to see what the results of that meeting were before going in to full hyperbole mode. Chairman Pickett said they were "probably going to have a formal meeting tomorrow" to deal with some "pending stuff", so HB 3218 could be voted on as early as tomorrow.
Last edited by baldeagle on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Panda wrote:If its dead, you can thank Straus and his supporters. For the representatives who elected him Speaker of the Haus again, you can "thank" them in the primaries and the general elections if necessary.

It can be a tough choice, but the alternative is Team Straus killing campus carry and other civil rights bills in 2015. And 2017. And.....
It is NOT dead. I repeat, it is NOT dead.

JKTex

Post by JKTex »

CJD wrote:
styxx wrote:Any word on HB 3218 ??
I think that is the longest sentence I have ever seen.
"rlol" I was just trying to sit back up after turning blue and nearly passing out from reading it! By thr time I finished, I was so dizzy I wasn't sure what it said. I'm not doing that again. :cheers2:

JKTex

Post by JKTex »

HB700 is one thing and is dead, likely for reasons we already know.

Campus carry, while not dead, we know where it is and what's happened to it. The HB was amended and to me, it was gutted. The SB seems stuck. Are they dead? Maybe, probably, but we know where they are and they've had action taken on them.

HB3218 we know is awaiting a vote. It may be a long shot, but it too is moving, sort of.

It's not fair to lump them all together, except to say that any of them were going to be a struggle this session.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

The Homeland Security and Public Safety Committee began meeting at 9:45 "to discuss pending business". It does not appear that the meeting is available on video, so if anyone is in Austin and can go by to see what they're doing, that would be appreciated. I assume they are voting on bills that were left pending, so it's possible that HB 3218 could go to the Calendars Committee today. My representative, Angie Chen Button, is on the Calendars Committee, so I will definitely be calling her.

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”