Are HB 508 and SB 1907 the Main Sausage Left

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
2firfun50
Posts in topic: 19

Re: Are HB 508 and SB 1907 the Main Sausage Left

Post by 2firfun50 »

CJD wrote:
2firfun50 wrote:
CJD wrote:
2firfun50 wrote:Senate has passed conference committee report on Hb508
So what does this mean for the bill?
We're waiting on the house to act. They have been debating on SB1 (budget) for the last hour.
What did the committee agree on? Is the controversial amendment still intact?
It appears to me they moved the flat out privilege to a defense to prosecution. However I could be wrong.

Topic author
2firfun50

Post by 2firfun50 »

It looks like HB508 was just killed in the House. Words can not describe my disgust with everyone associated with Senator Carona's amendment and the Conference Committee.

jmra
Posts in topic: 8

Post by jmra »

2firfun50 wrote:It looks like HB508 was just killed in the House. Words can not describe my disgust with everyone associated with Senator Carona's amendment and the Conference Committee.
Very sad. Maybe we can get something done in a special session.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

CWOOD
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CWOOD »

2firfun50 wrote:It looks like HB508 was just killed in the House. Words can not describe my disgust with everyone associated with Senator Carona's amendment and the Conference Committee.
That being said, I was really proud of some of those who spoke passionately of the responsibility to honor the rights of constituents.

Topic author
2firfun50

Post by 2firfun50 »

CWOOD wrote:
That being said, I was really proud of some of those who spoke passionately of the responsibility to honor the rights of constituents.
I'll remember my representative and senator every time I disarm to pay my water bill or use the public library. I'll really thank them for standing up for their constituants.

Rrash
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Rrash »

My problem is that, Sen. Carona's amendment - completely unrelated to the purpose of HB 508 - was considered to be the deal breaker for the Senate. Please correct me if I'm looking at this wrong, but isn't this simply the Senate putting themselves before us? I understand the argument if it had passed with the amendment, that it would give a bigger chance for 3218 in 2015, but how does that excuse our elected officials willingness to allow local government to illegally bully the common citizen for another 2 years? As far as im concerned, we were sold out because Carona and company couldnt get what they wanted. Before I would vote for any of these men/women, I would demand an explanation. This was a cheap attempt at trying to use this good, well intentioned bill, written for the people as a method to sneak some extra privileges in for themselves, and it backfired, screwing all of us.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I'm too mad to comment at this time. I'm going to draft an open letter to Governor Perry sometime next week and I hope our Forum Family will endorse the letter by contacting the Governor in support.

Chas.

Rrash
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Rrash »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I'm too mad to comment at this time. I'm going to draft an open letter to Governor Perry sometime next week and I hope our Forum Family will endorse the letter by contacting the Governor in support.

Chas.
Please consider it done. Thanks for your tireless dedication.

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ELB »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I'm too mad to comment at this time. I'm going to draft an open letter to Governor Perry sometime next week and I hope our Forum Family will endorse the letter by contacting the Governor in support.

Chas.
Yes.
USAF 1982-2005

JaredW

Post by JaredW »

Chas.
Of course.
JaredW

jmra
Posts in topic: 8

Post by jmra »

Chas.
Absolutely.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

TREKFAN

Post by TREKFAN »

Chas.
Thank you Chas for everything you do. :cheers2:
Application, Fingerprints & CHL class done by 1-12-13
All documents mailed USPS 1-16-13
All Documents Received, background check under review 2-1-13
Background check complete 2/15

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided
Posts in topic: 3

Post by nightmare »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
nightmare wrote:That's what they said about LEOSA ten years ago. I hope nobody was holding their breath.
I trust you do know the difference between the federal congress and the Texas legislature. If so, then you realize what a poor analogy you have given.
I thought it was obviously a figure of speech. Texas or federal, nobody can literally hold their breath for ten years.
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

ALCSTUDIOS

Post by ALCSTUDIOS »

Chas.
Most certainly will sir, Thank you for your hard work and dedication.
NRA,GOA,TFC TSRA & SAF member

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”