Tactical Medical training

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Divided Attention
Posts in topic: 1

Tactical Medical training

Post by Divided Attention »

I apologize if this is the wrong place, but really wanted to share this opportunity. I have no connection with this class other than I am excited about learning something new. I am planning to attend, just to have more information under my belt in the unlikely (Lord willing) event that I ever have to use my kit I carry with me everywhere. Thought I would take a moment and share. This is a fairly basic class, but I figure a nice starting place, an in my mind a decent price.

"Tactical Medicine and Rangemaster Interventions

DATE & TIME: January 21st, 2012 (8am-5pm)

Training Location: Leavesley Park Hangar 901 Buckingham Friendswood, Texas 77546
COST: $150 (ask about group discounts)

This training employs methods of tactical & austere medicine utilized by the US Department of Defense (DOD), military contractors, Search and Rescue (SAR), and Law Enforcement.
Course Objectives:
- Understand the differences of a tactical environment from standard medical interventions
- Recognize and perform life-saving techniques in a simulated tactical environment
- Discover the latest proven techniques and equipment for treating traumatic injuries
- Discover techniques to plan and prepare for almost any emergency situation
- Understand and use Mass Casualty (MASCAL) triage methods in a disaster situation
Target Audience (not limited to):
- Firearm Instructors & Rangemasters
- Public Safety (Police, Fire, EMS)
- Military Service Members
- Corporate / Private Security
- Executive Protection (Bodyguards)
- Hospital & other medical personnel
- Hunters & avid shooters

Training Provided by: Fivecoat, MPAS, PA-C US Army (Retired) Physician Assistant http://www.AdvantageTAC.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 210-900-2276

Course Description:
Most emergency medical training focuses on ensuring a safe environment. For example: other training programs teach a student to ask, “Is the scene safe?” This training is designed to prepare students for delivering medical intervention in a potentially unsafe environment. This course is equally suited for medical professionals as well as those professionals that have no formal medical
training. These techniques have proven useful for people serving as a firing range safety officer (RSO), Rangemaster, Police officers serving high-risk search warrants and arrest procedures, SWAT operations, Executive Protection (bodyguard) details, and on the modern battlefield. These techniques work & YOU can use them. No tactical background is required!

HIGHLANDER READINESS http://www.highlanderreadiness.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 713-501-3159 Tracy@HighlanderReadiness.com "
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

Keith B

Re: Tactical Medical training

Post by Keith B »

Any first aid training is a big plus for those who shoot. You never know what type of injuries you could see at the range; everything from a slide bite bleeder, to a heart attack or even a bullet wound. I feel advanced training would be a great thing for those instructors or range officers who deal with the shooters directly. Plus, it would be a big benefit if, heaven forbid, one of your students injures themselves or others, when you have to go to court for a liability claim/suit and can add that you have advanced training to help handle these types of events should they happen.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Lambda Force

Post by Lambda Force »

What does the class teach? Medical care under fire, or in other hazardous conditions, is different than treating GSW. If there's a GSW on a shooting range, the problem doesn't seem so different from a perforating wound at a construction site. Assuming you call a cease fire.
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

williamkevin

Post by williamkevin »

Lambda Force wrote:What does the class teach? Medical care under fire, or in other hazardous conditions, is different than treating GSW. If there's a GSW on a shooting range, the problem doesn't seem so different from a perforating wound at a construction site. Assuming you call a cease fire.
Good question. This is discussed in the course, but it is difficult to discuss it in this venue. Having said that, here's a nutshell answer:

The main difference is TIME. A GSW on a firing range in a rural area - where ambulance transport is delayed - should be treated differently than if EMS is nearby. This course teaches when to "think outside the box" instead of blindly following a textbook. Despite that fact, it uses recognized concepts and techniques.

In this case, we will discuss when an EARLY use of a tourniquet would be appropriate and when it would not. We will also discuss when the use of QuickClot and similar products would be appropriate and when it would not.

We will also discuss how PRIOR PLANNING is different for those different instances. The prior training, gear, coordination with EMS, and other factors will be different.

It will be a fun course and it would be great to see just how different these situations can be. Both instances have stress - and we will do these skills under stress during the course.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Do I have to wear all black for the tactical medical training, or is digital camo ok? Do I need to buy my own thigh holster for epi-pens, scalpels, and antibiotic creams, or is that provided?

:biggrinjester:

I'm sorry, I'll leave now.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

MoJo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MoJo »

I am very interested in this. I have sent Tracy an e-mail. Anxiously awaiting a reply.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

MoJo wrote:I am very interested in this. I have sent Tracy an e-mail. Anxiously awaiting a reply.
Email sent!! Let me know if you have other questions.

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

MoJo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MoJo »

Thanks,

I'll be getting back with you,
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Return to “General”