Krav Maga at Trinity Mills and Midway in N Addison any good?

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
drjoker
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Krav Maga at Trinity Mills and Midway in N Addison any good?

Post by drjoker »

Is Krav Maga at Trinity Mills and Midway in N Addison any good? Thanks. :tiphat:

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Krav Maga at Trinity Mills and Midway in N Addison any good?

Post by Oldgringo »

Good for what? :headscratch

marksiwel
Banned

Post by marksiwel »

I dont know of any good Krab places in that area. I guess you could settle for the Joes Krab Shack, but those Krab is all frozen blech.
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

Topic author
drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

You guys are joking right?

Krav Maga is a martial arts technique. It is interesting to me because it is one of the few techniques that teach disarm moves to disarm handguns. It is a "real world" self-defense technique that is used by Mossad (Israeli Secret Service), FBI, and other government agencies.

As many of you on the forum know, I own zero guns and normally do not carry, though I do have a CHL, because my wife is against guns. I still need to defend myself and my family, so I thought I'd learn some Krav Maga or Jewish Kung Fu. It's some pretty crazy stuff, using your bare hands against guys with guns. :eek6

Even if you do carry, you may find yourself in a situation where you do not have a gun such as; airplane, airport, school, crappy no-gun policy workplace, post office, court, the dadgum Grapevine Smells Mall, or the dadgum Vagrant View Mall.

So, any body know if the Krav Maga place in N Addison is good? And why?

Thanks.

fm2

Post by fm2 »

drjoker wrote:Krav Maga is a martial arts technique. It is interesting to me because it is one of the few techniques that teach disarm moves to disarm handguns.

Lots of martial arts schools teach gun disarms.
drjoker wrote: As many of you on the forum know, I own zero guns and normally do not carry, though I do have a CHL, because my wife is against guns. I still need to defend myself and my family, so I thought I'd learn some Krav Maga or Jewish Kung Fu.
How does she feel about self defense?
drjoker wrote: Even if you do carry, you may find yourself in a situation where you do not have a gun such as; airplane, airport, school, crappy no-gun policy workplace, post office, court, the dadgum Grapevine Smells Mall, or the dadgum Vagrant View Mall.
Iagree with you there. How much time are you willing to put in to learn some empty hands skills?
“It is the belief that violence is an aberration that is dangerous because it lulls us into forgetting how easily violence may erupt in quiescent places.” S. Pinker

karl

Post by karl »

I don't know much about Krav Maga, but I've taken Kenpo and really enjoyed it. "Fighting in a phone booth" they call it. Close quarters, really quick style. It's a good all-around self-defense art.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I'm not familiure with that particular Krav Maga, but it appears to be associated with Krav Maga Worldwide. "Worldwide" is known for first class facilities and teaching techniques in detail. The disadvantage of Worldwide is they take a while for you to get into dealing with weapons.

You might also check out the local IKMF school. They get into weapon disarms and multiple attacker scenarios right away.

I do Haganah in Houston twice a week... which is Krav Maga and more.

I like the self defense focus of Krav Maga. You don't always find a realistic modern day self defense focus in the more traditional martial arts systems.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

O.K. Gameplan. I am going to get into shape: 3 months program. Then, I'm going to go to their free intro class at Krav Maga. If I enjoy it, then I'll join their course and report back to you guys to let you know if it is any good.

Even if you have a chl, you might have to go to someplace that forbids guns like the airport.

dewayneward

Post by dewayneward »

I dont know about the Krav class at the location you are talking about, but the Krav classes out in Saginaw is top notch!!!. Here is the main website: http://krav-magatexas.com/main/instructor_Results.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and Bart's Karate dojo: http://www.jpatburleson.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (and yes he was trained by, amongst others, J Pat Burleson).

Here is Bart on the news talking about Krav: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

While I am not officially taking Krav (you have to be a certain age and I am planning on taking it when my oldest son reaches that age), but since my Karate instructors all take it, it "finds its way in" to my karate classes ;-)

I CANNOT recommend Krav enough as a fighting style for "the real world". I dont want to knock other martial arts styles (not the point of the post), but if you want some REAL world fighting self defense, then Krav is the only way to go. I LOVE karate (I have also taken Tae Kwon do for a number of years), but some of the self defense doesnt compare to the brutal immediate stopping moves that Krav teaches.

Run, dont walk to sign up (and prepare for some awesome training). Check them out, they will at least be able to tell you who would be good to train from in your area (at least make sure that they are certified!!!).
Col 2:8 See to it that no man takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men,according to the elementary principles of the world,rather than according to Christ.
austin received app 12/10
Processing app 12/22/08
App comp 1/26/09
Plastic in hand 1/30/09

Tregs

Post by Tregs »

drjoker wrote:O.K. Gameplan. I am going to get into shape: 3 months program. Then, I'm going to go to their free intro class at Krav Maga. If I enjoy it, then I'll join their course and report back to you guys to let you know if it is any good.

Even if you have a chl, you might have to go to someplace that forbids guns like the airport.
let us know how it goes. I've watched some of the Krav Maga videos and have thought about taking a basic course. Trinity Mills and Midway is fairly close to my house so I can't use "location" as an excuse to not sign up. i didn't know it was there. Which corner?

sf1058

Post by sf1058 »

drjoker wrote:Is Krav Maga at Trinity Mills and Midway in N Addison any good? Thanks. :tiphat:

I'm a former long-time student of that school. Jack Bolowski, the owner, probably offers one of the more well-rounded self-defense programs in the area which I highly recommend if you don't have any previous reality based self-defense training. My one major complaint about the school (and this is just my opinion) is that the level of training intensity has been watered-down over the past couple of years, which is why I ended my relationship with the facility. But as with anything, it's what you make of it.

rbftfire
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Krav Maga at Trinity Mills and Midway in N Addison any g

Post by rbftfire »

I train at an IKMF school. My instructor trained at Jack's school before switching over to training in the IKMF system. He has nothing but good to say about Jack and his school.

SecedeTX

Post by SecedeTX »

Krav Maga was exlained to me by a 27 year Narco officer very simply. I have taken many years of training in the Gracie Jiu Jitsu style (half the class is throwing yourself at the ground, the next half is having other people throwing you at the ground).

My well seasoned LEO said, "If you take 3 years of Jiu Jitsu, you can beat 97.9 percent of the average people in a fight, if you take Krav Maga for one year, you can beat 95% of the average people in a fight, but you won't look as good doing it"

It is a very effective style, that works.

I am a big fan of Jiu Jitsu, but the simple brutality of Krav Maga is interesting.

As for good schools in your area, sorry I can't help. The style is effective if taught correctly tho.
"Do or Do Not, there is no try" -- Yoda

tetralaw

Post by tetralaw »

For being a thread 5 months old this sure isn't far from the top. Very interesting reading. I live right around the corner from the one in Saginaw.

rbftfire

Post by rbftfire »

If you have the opportunity to train there, it is truly a treat. I had to leave the IKMF school in Denton due to a move. I really miss it.

Return to “General”