USSA in Tulsa

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
gunfando
Posts in topic: 3

USSA in Tulsa

Post by gunfando »

I know it says Texas forum,but my wife was looking at this place and i wanted to see if anyone had knowledge on this program. Looks like if you have never taken a class with them you have to do a basic class which reads like a handguns 101. Any info good or bad doesn't matter to me it is all good. :thumbs2:
Thanks

apostate
Posts in topic: 1

Re: USSA in Tulsa

Post by apostate »

It's a nice facility. I was there twice for Rangemaster conferences and it seemed well run. I have no experience with their training, however.

Topic author
gunfando

Post by gunfando »

Thanks for the info, on their web site it looked pretty nice I believe they said 93 acres. Just seeing if anybody could compare to anything in Texas.
Brian

yerasimos

Post by yerasimos »

The instructors there at USSA are/were current or former .mil/LE, and almost always highly accomplished in IPSC or IDPA, and consequently very, very adept at shooting/manipulating handguns. I would characterize the coaching and instruction as aggressive at times, but not overly so. I considered the class/range operation as very safety conscious---in truth, the best disciplined classes I have seen anywhere so far.

When I attended, I was not required to attend and pass any "Intro to Handguns/Basic Gun Safety 101" course.

I know that Gunsite (in Arizona), Thunder Ranch (in Oregon) and even Front Sight (in Nevada) have their advocates, but I reckon you could get a similar (or better!) experience at USSA, with less travel expense and hassle for most Texans. I cannot say that I have attended anything similar in Texas, nor Gunsite, Thunder Ranch or Front Sight---but then again, I have not sought such.

People seem to say/write great things about CSAT in Nacogdoches, and a few noteworthy traveling trainers offer classes in Texas a few times a year. One can find a few writeups of these in this sub-forum.

RSJ
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RSJ »

Can't speak to the classes... but I recently moved here for law school and I must say it is hands down the BEST range I have been to. way better than anything in DFW.
I have done IDPA stuff and also a few of the machine gun shoots :fire :fire
NRA Member

Topic author
gunfando

Post by gunfando »

Now thats what i like to hear. I have to be in Bartlesville this weekend so I am going to try to stop by as I pass through Tulsa. Maybe they will give me tour don't now if they do that but don't hurt to ask. Now I just need a pistol class for the wife to coexist with a carbine class for me :clapping:
Thanks again for the info

RSJ
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RSJ »

gunfando wrote:Now thats what i like to hear. I have to be in Bartlesville this weekend so I am going to try to stop by as I pass through Tulsa. Maybe they will give me tour don't now if they do that but don't hurt to ask. Now I just need a pistol class for the wife to coexist with a carbine class for me :clapping:
Thanks again for the info
Your first trip out there is free... at least mine was.
Range fee after that is around 20? I think... (3 year membership is around 30/month)
NRA Member

Stephen21CG

Post by Stephen21CG »

USSA is one of the best training facilities in the entire country. If you have a chance to go - do so. Further, if you can work it out to take a course, I would absolutely recommend it.

Return to “General”