LTC update class?

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
sailor2000
Posts in topic: 1

LTC update class?

Post by sailor2000 »

I have had a carry license since the old days, 1996. My first CHL class cover the “reasonable man” laws and the duty to retreat, etc. With all the various changes over the years, I must admit I am frankly confused on the current state of the laws. Is there a class or seminar or something designed to get me up to date and explain what no longer applies? Thanks!
It is useless for the Sheep to circulate petitions calling for universal vegetarianism while the Wolves hold a different opinion.
NRA Endowment Member

http://www.senioranswer.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

howdy

Re: LTC update class?

Post by howdy »

I would bet there are many Instructors that would let you sit in on one of their classes. The class is only 4 hours long and you would learn the new stuff and reinforce the old stuff.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Interblog

Post by Interblog »

My initial CHL was issued shortly after Hurricane Rita (which was my inspiration event) but then I let it lapse because of the "premises" ambiguity (I was driving on school property almost daily and I just said to heck with it - I can't ever carry anyway, so why maintain a CHL?).

Of course I had to re-take the class early in January 2018 because of this lapse, and I'm very glad I did because I learned a lot of new stuff.

Even if you have to pay for class attendance (which you might because of the high perceived liability in certain establishments - and I bet they'll make you sign their waiver regardless), it's less than a hundred bucks. Well worth it, IMO.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

sailor2000 wrote:I have had a carry license since the old days, 1996. My first CHL class cover the “reasonable man” laws and the duty to retreat, etc. With all the various changes over the years, I must admit I am frankly confused on the current state of the laws. Is there a class or seminar or something designed to get me up to date and explain what no longer applies? Thanks!
Did you ever find a class to take?? I always tell my students that they may attend classes for update reasons if there is room. NO CHARGE but I will accept a tip to cover expenses, but not required. I furnish PowerPoint handbook and a copy of the CHL/LTC booklet. There have been a handful that have taken me up on this and I wish more would take advantage of it. I will extend this to you, as well.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “General”