Instructor class schedule question

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Instructor class schedule question

Post by Tex1961 »

Does anyone know the average time from submitting new LTC Instructor documents (uploaded to RTS) to getting the email telling you what the next open class schedule is. I’m sure it’s going to be a lot longer now since they cut the class attendance in half.

Thanks

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Instructor class schedule question

Post by Scott B. »

DPS cut the class size down to 50? Hadn't seen that. They say why?

As to your question, I don't think we have enough data to give an average. Anecdotal evidence probably puts it in a range of 10 to 18 months over the last half-dozen years. For 2020, unless they got a class in the Jan/Feb time frame, I doubt there will be any until fall.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Instructor class schedule question

Post by Tex1961 »

Scott B. wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:37 am DPS cut the class size down to 50? Hadn't seen that. They say why?

As to your question, I don't think we have enough data to give an average. Anecdotal evidence probably puts it in a range of 10 to 18 months over the last half-dozen years. For 2020, unless they got a class in the Jan/Feb time frame, I doubt there will be any until fall.
Yea, I called last week about submitting my LTC-90 and verifying that they were still holding instructor classes... She said that due to the Corovirus they were cutting class attendee's in half to accommodate the 6 foot spacing requirements... Of course that can change at any time (either way) I'm sure.... I did get my Identico email right after submitting to RTS and got them done yesterday....

Side note on that... The guy who took my prints said they were as busy as ever and the majority of their fingerprinting was new LTC applicants. The rep at DPS also said that they were at an all time high on new LTC applications as well....

Thanks for answering the question... I didn't realize that it could be that far out.. WOW.... Oh well.... Of course if I hear anything back I'll post...

Return to “General”