Online LTC Class Recommendations?

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Online LTC Class Recommendations?

Post by RoyGBiv »

Long story short....
My daughter recently turned 21. She's finishing college in a state that does not offer non-resident permits, but that honors Texas permits. I had planned for her to take the TX LTC class on her next visit home, but with COVID being a worry as well as reducing class sizes (limited space classes sold out), I'm thinking she'd be better off doing the online class and then paying for a 1-on-1 proficiency test after completing the online class.... And then somehow fitting in getting prints taken. :roll:

Advice needed...

1. Is the online class published by DPS and therefore the same everywhere, or do they differ company to company?
2. Any recommendations on where to take the class online? Well reviewed class?
3. IdentToGo won't give me any idea about schedule availability unless I fill out their application. Anyone tried to schedule prints in the Keller-Southlake-Colleyville area recently? How far ahead were they booking?
4. As a backup plan, is anyone in this area doing 1-on-1 LTC classes for a reasonable fee?

Thanks!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Online LTC Class Recommendations?

Post by oljames3 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:13 pm Long story short....
My daughter recently turned 21. She's finishing college in a state that does not offer non-resident permits, but that honors Texas permits. I had planned for her to take the TX LTC class on her next visit home, but with COVID being a worry as well as reducing class sizes (limited space classes sold out), I'm thinking she'd be better off doing the online class and then paying for a 1-on-1 proficiency test after completing the online class.... And then somehow fitting in getting prints taken. :roll:

Advice needed...

1. Is the online class published by DPS and therefore the same everywhere, or do they differ company to company?
2. Any recommendations on where to take the class online? Well reviewed class?
3. IdentToGo won't give me any idea about schedule availability unless I fill out their application. Anyone tried to schedule prints in the Keller-Southlake-Colleyville area recently? How far ahead were they booking?
4. As a backup plan, is anyone in this area doing 1-on-1 LTC classes for a reasonable fee?

Thanks!
KR Training https://krtraining.com/index.html is affiliated with the Point Blank CHL online course.
https://pointblankchl.com/texas-online- ... rry-class/
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

^^ Thanks @oljames3 :tiphat:
Would like to find something closer for the proficiency, but will consider their online class.

Anyone have any experience with Shoot Point Blank in NRH?
https://onlinetexasltc.com/Shoot-Point-Blank

If she does the online class, what's a reasonable fee for an instructor to do a 1 on 1 proficiency test?
Looks like all the places nearby that offer classes are booked when she will be in town next... Might just have to punt until summer.

STR8-SHOT
Posts in topic: 1

Post by STR8-SHOT »

Roy, I’ll be glad to help you. I’m an online course provider out of the Dallas area and can meet for the proficiency demonstration locally. You can find me on the DPS website for approved online course providers or go straight to my website.

David
STR8-SHOT.com

Topic author
RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

STR8-SHOT wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:11 pm Roy, I’ll be glad to help you. I’m an online course provider out of the Dallas area and can meet for the proficiency demonstration locally. You can find me on the DPS website for approved online course providers or go straight to my website.

David
STR8-SHOT.com
Thanks for this reply and the PM's David! :thumbs2:

Return to “General”