Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Sparks NP-1 & NP-2 Discontinued

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

In a rare move, at least in my view, Milt Sparks has discontinued one of my favorite OWB holsters, the NP-1. I have one for a 5" 1911 and one for Commander length 1911's and use them almost every workday.

The NP-1/NP-2's are OWB holsters that are designed primarily for folks that have to take their guns off during the day and don't want to thread them onto and off of their belts. With me going to the courthouse, they are perfect. The unique design incorporates both a paddle and the fore and aft belt straps like the Sparks VM-II. This gives the holster support (paddle) and also pulls the grip close to the body.

A new holster has taken the place of the NP-1/NP-2 and is called the IQM. Photos show a very nice looking holster and I'm sure the workmanship is excellent, as are all Sparks holsters. The IQM can also double as an IWB with optional IWB straps, but Sparks recommends this only for occasional IWB users, because of the change over time. This holster does not have the paddle.

So, if anyone was thinking of getting either an NP-1 or NP-2, you'd better move quickly. I don't think Sparks will make them any longer, and there are only a couple of folks that I know of who "stock" these holsters. 1911 forum.com also has a market section for holsters, but Sparks holsters are rare and sell quickly.

Chas.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”